Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Castagne to Fulham

57 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

Why not just loan them without the option to buy?

Loan fee’s will usually be lower due to clubs not wanting a long term return on there investment.

Kind of like renting a property instead of putting a deposit on a mortgage.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the players wages are either subsidised or covered in full, depending on the value of the loan!!!

13 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Loan fee’s will usually be lower due to clubs not wanting a long term return on there investment.

Kind of like renting a property instead of putting a deposit on a mortgage.

I don’t think I’ve explained myself very well. The point I was trying to make was, what advantages are there for

the selling club in putting in an option to buy? If the player does well the selling club can’t raise the price or sell

to a different club, if the player doesn’t do well the buying either won’t take up the option or negotiate the price 

downwards.

59 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

even if its nothing take it.

Why would we do that? Doesn't make any sense nor does a loan with us paying a percentage of his wage to a European giant like Juventus

He won't be going to juve.  They have been kicked out of Europe and have a massive fine to pay, no way can they stump up much in the way of a fee, or even come close to what he is worth. Without European competition, even conference, their income, and thereby ability to pay decent wages will also have taken a hit.

if he really wants out, his agent needs to start looking elsewhere 

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Confused why JJ isn’t playing there to be honest. He’s solid defensively, can play right side of a 3 as proven in the past which is helpful when we are transitioning and offers plenty more going forward.

On top of all the above it appears JJ wants to be here whilst Castagne doesn’t. 

There is the possibility that Maresca has seen enough of some players and is fielding others that he's unsure about in order to get an idea of who else he can rely on. Though obviously he can't have seen an awful lot with the way preseason has gone.

• Like 4

All the rumours I heard about Timmy was that he couldn't stand Brendan Rodgers, really had a very strong dislike of him and I put his performances down to that. 

On the showing since Rodgers departed he's either just developed a strong dislike of us and become very unsettled due to his hatred of where he was under Rodgers (it happens with us all at work, you hate your boss you develop the hate for the workplace whether they're there or not) or he's just not very good

I'm slightly bordering on he's just not very good

Edited by Jimbo

17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

All the rumours I heard about Timmy was that he couldn't stand Brendan Rodgers, really had a very strong dislike of him and I put his performances down to that. 

On the showing since Rodgers departed he's either just developed a strong dislike of us and become very unsettled due to his hatred of where he was under Rodgers (it happens with us all at work, you hate your boss you develop the hate for the workplace whether they're there or not) or he's just not very good

I'm slightly bordering on he's just not very good

He improved under the trio, but now we have another Rodgers style manager.

However he has had a miserable season and the one before wasnt great either so he has likely now decided he is just best moving on, and once a player is in that mode they never going to be fully focused.

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

He improved under the trio, but now we have another Rodgers style manager.

However he has had a miserable season and the one before wasnt great either so he has likely now decided he is just best moving on, and once a player is in that mode they never going to be fully focused.

He didn’t. I want to see the goals conceded compilation from last year. Willing to bet he was at fault for about 90% of the goals