Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Castagne to Fulham

1 minute ago, KFS said:

He didn’t. I want to see the goals conceded compilation from last year. Willing to bet he was at fault for about 90% of the goals 

His forward play improved.

Defensively we were shot as I think confidence was absolutely battered and we had fitness issues.

Edited by Chrysalis

6 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

His forward play improved.

Defensively we were shot as I think confidence was absolutely battered and we had fitness issues.

I think he's a classic wing back rather than a full back, and he's very rarely been used as a wing back. 

Stick him in the O'Neill team of 25 years ago and he would have looked like a world beater.

I thinks that's the problem with him, he's far better going forward than he is defensively yet we keep on using him as a defender. Compare him to the 2 other players similar to him in the squad, JJ and Ricky, and you can see just how poor he can be. Both of those players are as equally good going forward as they are in defence. 

If he is to stay and he is used in this system we are looking like sticking with, I do hope he's 1 of the 4 in midfield rather than 1 of the 3 in defense. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I think he's a classic wing back rather than a full back, and he's very rarely been used as a wing back. 

Stick him in the O'Neill team of 25 years ago and he would have looked like a world beater.

I thinks that's the problem with him, he's far better going forward than he is defensively yet we keep on using him as a defender. Compare him to the 2 other players similar to him in the squad, JJ and Ricky, and you can see just how poor he can be. Both of those players are as equally good going forward as they are in defence. 

If he is to stay and he is used in this system we are looking like sticking with, I do hope he's 1 of the 4 in midfield rather than 1 of the 3 in defense. 

I'm sure I remember reading that when he joined us from Atalanta he hasn't enjoyed the role he was selected for there. Left wing back?

He showed fleeting promise with us, but when you reflect back he's not done a great deal has he?

He's a Belgian international but you have to question how high he is rated by the lack of actual interest in him. I've only seen Jive mentioned and they don't appear to have any cash they're willing to part with!

He wants to go and you wonder if he is ever happy?  I thought he was terrible kn Sunday and agree we should let him go. Surely someone will buy him...?!

6 hours ago, KFS said:

He didn’t. I want to see the goals conceded compilation from last year. Willing to bet he was at fault for about 90% of the goals 

What rubbish is this. 

Timmy responsible for 90% of the goals we conceded?  lol

Our entire defense was terrible last year, to blame that many goals conceded on one player is just plain wrong. 

Edited by TommyK
  • Like 3

How some people rate him is beyond me. He is simply crap. He’s slow, doesn’t track his man, plays people onside constantly, terrible in the air and worst of all… honking attitude. 

beligian international….😂😂😂 Belgium are crap. 

Sell him and get him out the club. He’s stinking the place out. If anyone doesn’t wanna be here, go and piss off. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, frany104 said:

How some people rate him is beyond me. He is simply crap. He’s slow, doesn’t track his man, plays people onside constantly, terrible in the air and worst of all… honking attitude. 

Sell him and get him out the club. He’s stinking the place out. If anyone doesn’t wanna be here, go and piss off. 

If we pay him up , he will be off , see several others , if we want money for him no club is going to match his salary. No club at all.

On 30/07/2023 at 11:52, Spiritwalker said:

I don’t think I’ve explained myself very well. The point I was trying to make was, what advantages are there for

the selling club in putting in an option to buy? If the player does well the selling club can’t raise the price or sell

to a different club, if the player doesn’t do well the buying either won’t take up the option or negotiate the price 

downwards.

An "option to buy" profile would be the player's club who want to get rid of him but can't get a buyer so it's an extra incentive for the buyer.

What the loaning club want is the chance for the player to excel and still get him for an agreed fixed price. 

I never understood why we paid good money for Ghezzal who had been excellent for half a season in his career and flopped pretty much the rest of it. Loaning him with an option to buy would have been ideal because we could have either sent him on his way or purchased him for an agreed price if he tore up the league. Ghezzal was not wanted by Monaco and had no other suitors so this should have been an easy one but the ever obliging Leicester City..........................

Tielemans would have been an ideal option to buy, this never happened because Tielemans didn't want to do it I believe but if we had he could have been brilliant here which he was and not lost him to a bigger club which could have happened, also the option to buy price would have been less than what we eventually paid.

50 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's crazy that we're again going into a season with players who have openly stated they don't want to be here. Any even crazier that a lot of our fans are totally fine about it. 

I think the club is willing for anyone to go but the onus is on the player who wants to leave to find a club. As far as I know we haven't refused any offers for Castagne, Praet, Vestergaard, etc let alone reasonable offers.

Get yourself a club that will pay a fair transfer fee and stop your whining. Everyone wants to go to a club in a higher league but no one is offering any money for you wasters.

• Like 1

Difficult one with Timmy. Imo it all depends on where we are in a couple of weeks with our wingbacks and wingers. One things for sure, he's lost his focus over the last year and his mistakes are too high for my liking.

7 hours ago, frany104 said:

at this point it’s just fans that don’t watch many games or don’t pay attention. 

If you’re still blinded by the occasional goal or cross but ignoring the countless errors then your opinion on football isn’t worth jack 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's crazy that we're again going into a season with players who have openly stated they don't want to be here. Any even crazier that a lot of our fans are totally fine about it. 

He's got 2 years on his deal, is easily good enough for the Championship and we can't find a buyer. It's not particularly crazy and also applies to lots of others in the squad. 

I rate him but he’s not been the same since Rodger’s put a handbreak on our fullbacks. When he’s up and down all game he shines, Smith got him going a bit, huge goal against Wolves and in the one time he pushed up against Newcastle his shot was a few centimetres off keeping us up. 

He does not want to be here based of his pre season performances though and I’m sick of conceding goals at his back post. So sell asap please and get someone who fancies the fight.  

Edited by Levi Port
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I don't want to be at the place i work for but doesn't mean i don't put in 100% effort whilst i am there. 

Stop suggesting that everything you think is right and that everyone that doesn't agree with you is wrong. 

He has obviously had talks with the club and told them he doesn't want to be here. He is then still getting picked ahead of others that could easily fit in, so what does that show you? Either he is playing at 60-80%  is better than the rest or he is a professional and will play until he gets his move. 

5 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Anyone know why this thread has remained open? Has there been a link since decimalisation? 

Ben Jacobs reporting Enzo is confident that he stays and wants him here this season. 

Reports in Italy again that he wants the move to Juve but I think that’s obvious. 

I recon we’re bluffing and we want him gone, but also won’t be mugged on price. Right before we sold Maddison Tanner wrote an article saying we were prepared to hold on untill deadline day and that he may feature in the Championship this season. A week or so later he was gone. I’m sure we’re just playing hardball with Juve and he’ll go this month.   

Edited by Levi Port
  • Thanks 1

My Dad keeps saying Castagne isn't a full back, he's a wingback and can't be played as such, but i havent seen him excell at either of those roles, perhaps that's not his fault. I do see him as more of a full back myself, he just hasn't had much support from a right sided winger when getting forward or coming back.

Edited by splinterdream

His main asset has always been his engine - Very good in between the boxes.

Unfortunately the rest of his game is average to poor - Not too dissimilar to how Chilwell was for us really. 

Hopefully we can strike a deal with someone and get him gone.

28 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

My Dad keeps saying Castagne isn't a full back, he's a wingback and can't be played as such, but i havent seen him excell at either of those roles, perhaps that's not his fault. I do see him as more of a full back myself, he just hasn't had much support from a right sided winger when getting forward or coming back.

I feel like his best football came in 19/20 at right wing back to be fair. 

• Like 1