Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Castagne to Fulham

Belgium …. A team that has flattered to deceive.

They do have some good players, KDB, Hazard, Hazard, Lukaku, Doku, Courtouis ….. however the likes of Castagne, Praet etc have been on the fringes of the squad.  

I mean, Carlton Palmer got 18 caps for England.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Belgium …. A team that has flattered to deceive.

They do have some good players, KDB, Hazard, Hazard, Lukaku, Doku, Courtouis ….. however the likes of Castagne, Praet etc have been on the fringes of the squad.  

I mean, Carlton Palmer got 18 caps for England.

we were probably not no.1 ranked team in the world at the time..

• Haha 1

I'm not on the Castagne hate train but I do want him gone, but ONLY if we get a decent fee for him AND we have in mind how we're going to spend that money. If the forum by and large agree he's crap then it doesn't even matter if his replacement (in terms of a new player for the squad not a new RB/RWB) also turns out to be crap as we'll have not lost anything. So it's a tiny gamble with massive potential upsides. He's an RB and we have 2 others already, arguably our best 2 defenders in the squad. So what's the point in having 3?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I bet you Fulham is the best option for us, Juventus will offer us peanuts relative to Fulham.

As long as they offer him his £50,000 a week that is. Or, given inflation and PL status maybe more.

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Spot on (assuming he Timmy wants to leave)

I rarely visit FT these days so apologies if this is a repeat question, but has Timmy actually said that he wants to leave the club? What or who is the source?

This is an interesting one as it sound like there is an offer from Fulham, but Castagne is holding out for Juventus which is sensible I guess (Although its hubris surely as they got booted out of Europe)

So either Fulham is not appealing (wage/urgh London) or its just because its Juve

Surely in this instance, unless he has no wage reduction from relegation, we can give him a deadline  - GTFO or its Preston for you?

30 minutes ago, mikey54 said:

I rarely visit FT these days so apologies if this is a repeat question, but has Timmy actually said that he wants to leave the club? What or who is the source?

Club don't randomly bid for players, anyone making a bid with have touch base with his agent.

So no he's not said he wants to leave, but the interest in him points to his agent looking for options.

Edited by coolhandfox

I’m not sure which way round it is in terms of the Lukaku deal but if it’s Juve wanting 40m plus Lukaku for Vlahovic we could be onto a winner… if it’s the other way round I look forward to their offer of a season loan with option to buy arriving some time soon lol 

edit: Turns out it’s the former… show me the money

Edited by dbtcity

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Wow so it seems cas can refuse Fulham, but Vesty got pelters for doing the same.

Double standards or what.

Juventus wont pay us what fulham will.

To be fair one of them was not even making the bench at the time and had been told he was not part of plans. The other has started almost every game possible. 

40 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

He said when away with Belgium that his agent is looking for another club for him and he is leaving . Shouldn’t be playing for us .

Agreed. Him, Vestergaard and Faes have openly said they want out in a roundabout fashion and we've got Justin and Souttar who cane back to pre-season early working their bollocks off and both are ignored in pre-season for inferior and unmotivated players. 

Early days but some of Maresca's decision making is baffling me. Let's hope come the competitive football that it was a misnomer. 

• Like 3

On and on these threads go with players who are out of favour. If Castagne plays against Coventry and scores they will all disappear. He will go but not until somebody offers him at least the same pay. He has a very legal contract and as a professional , he is not going to give up possibly millions of pounds for us.

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed. Him, Vestergaard and Faes have openly said they want out in a roundabout fashion and we've got Justin and Souttar who cane back to pre-season early working their bollocks off and both are ignored in pre-season for inferior and unmotivated players. 

Early days but some of Maresca's decision making is baffling me. Let's hope come the competitive football that it was a misnomer. 

?