Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Castagne to Fulham

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Wow so it seems cas can refuse Fulham, but Vesty got pelters for doing the same.

Double standards or what.

Juventus wont pay us what fulham will.

The difference being that Castagne seemingly has another couple of clubs in for him (1 of which being a favourable transfer back to Italy)… Vestergaard didn’t… either way it was obviously written in the stars with the big Danish donkey seemingly set to start on Sunday lol 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed. Him, Vestergaard and Faes have openly said they want out in a roundabout fashion and we've got Justin and Souttar who cane back to pre-season early working their bollocks off and both are ignored in pre-season for inferior and unmotivated players. 

Early days but some of Maresca's decision making is baffling me. Let's hope come the competitive football that it was a misnomer. 

What has Faes said?

I've no problem with Castange holding out for a few days to try and flush Juventus out as long as it is a few days. If for example Fulham have offered £12m then Juventus need to match it, not come in with £7m hoping that the player kicks up a fuss. If Juventus won't match Fulham's offer then that should speak volumes to Castange how much Juventus rate him. Bottom line is both clubs are a step up so Castange doesn't have that much leverage here to force a move for a lower price.

If he kicks off too much it will be both Leicester and Castange who suffer if Fulham pull out at some point after being messed about for too much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ricey said:

If he has offers on the table he shouldn’t be playing ahead of Justin.

we are probably playing him so scouts can watch him and give us a better offer..

shop window so to speak.

• Like 1

Started his career with us really positively and early doors thought we had a real player on our hands providing power down the right hand side. A few injuries and overall loss of squad form and he looked increasingly "meh" as his time went on. Decent player but think if I'm asked in 10 years to name a past LCFC player he won't make the list. Think I'd take £12m and move on if it's on the table.

• Like 1

Just now, MPH said:

we are probably playing him so scouts can watch him and give us a better offer..

shop window so to speak.

Hopefully they didn't watch the Liverpool friendly, would make clubs reduce their offer

• Like 3

Just now, moore_94 said:

Hopefully they didn't watch the Liverpool friendly, would make clubs reduce their offer

in the same way I hope our scouts weren’t watching Bertrand and Vesty during the 9-0 game :whistle:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mikey54 said:

Not ‘openly’ said then. Make your mind up

Well they've been quoted in interviews. Likewise their agents. I can't remember on Faes whether it was he or his agent about needing to be in a top division. Castagne and Vestergaard have both been quoted as looking for moves, Castagne saying otherwise he's left with nothing. Us being the nothing 😂😂😂

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Well they've been quoted in interviews. Likewise their agents. I can't remember on Faes whether it was he or his agent about needing to be in a top division. Castagne and Vestergaard have both been quoted as looking for moves, Castagne saying otherwise he's left with nothing. Us being the nothing 😂😂😂

I suspect they all would definitely welcome a move but I've not seen any quotes directly attributed to Faes or his agent. I did see this from former Belgium manager Marc Wilmots though,

https://sportwitness.co.uk/not-stay-leicester-player-urged-seek-foxes-exit-relegation-needs-make-right-choices/

Defender Wout Faes should look to leave Leicester City this summer as playing in the Championship would not be good for his career.

That’s according to former Belgium manager Marc Wilmots, who believes the Belgian will have to depart following the Foxes’ relegation.

Faes has been a regular for Leicester this season, featuring in 31 games in the Premier League and 91% of the starting 11’s and minutes available in the league this year following a €17m move from Reims in the summer.

It has proven to be a difficult campaign for him, though, with a rocky start to life in England leading to questions about whether he was good enough to play in the division.

He picked up and started to impress after that but soon found himself struggling again as Leicester remained porous at the back.

It was that which ultimately cost them their place in the Premier League, with Everton’s win over Bournemouth on the final day seeing Leicester relegated to the Championship alongside Leeds and Southampton. That demotion is likely to see a mass exodus from the club as they cut things financially and start again, and Wilmots believes Faes should be one of those looking to move on.

“You have to make the right choices and not stay there,” Wilmots stated on RTBF. '“Being in the Championship is not possible for the national team. (The international break is) the best possible showcase, they will be very important to him.”

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I suspect they all would definitely welcome a move but I've not seen any quotes directly attributed to Faes or his agent. I did see this from former Belgium manager Marc Wilmots though,

https://sportwitness.co.uk/not-stay-leicester-player-urged-seek-foxes-exit-relegation-needs-make-right-choices/

Defender Wout Faes should look to leave Leicester City this summer as playing in the Championship would not be good for his career.

That’s according to former Belgium manager Marc Wilmots, who believes the Belgian will have to depart following the Foxes’ relegation.

Faes has been a regular for Leicester this season, featuring in 31 games in the Premier League and 91% of the starting 11’s and minutes available in the league this year following a €17m move from Reims in the summer.

It has proven to be a difficult campaign for him, though, with a rocky start to life in England leading to questions about whether he was good enough to play in the division.

He picked up and started to impress after that but soon found himself struggling again as Leicester remained porous at the back.

It was that which ultimately cost them their place in the Premier League, with Everton’s win over Bournemouth on the final day seeing Leicester relegated to the Championship alongside Leeds and Southampton. That demotion is likely to see a mass exodus from the club as they cut things financially and start again, and Wilmots believes Faes should be one of those looking to move on.

“You have to make the right choices and not stay there,” Wilmots stated on RTBF. '“Being in the Championship is not possible for the national team. (The international break is) the best possible showcase, they will be very important to him.”

Yes I saw this, but also the Belgium national team actual manager saying it isn’t a problem if he stayed with us for a season in the Championship, he will still be considered. Nonetheless, I’ve not seen Faes look as happy as he did last season, in this preseason, body language in the Northampton game was particularly stern.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I Hope the three Belgians, the two Nigerians and the four Danes all leave A S A P !!!!

Four Danes??  Bit harsh.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Gerrum all out! I want 22 English players in my squad

Blimey.  Have you been reading Mein Kampf?    

2 hours ago, westernpark said:

Yes I saw this, but also the Belgium national team actual manager saying it isn’t a problem if he stayed with us for a season in the Championship, he will still be considered. Nonetheless, I’ve not seen Faes look as happy as he did last season, in this preseason, body language in the Northampton game was particularly stern.

yeah  Domenico Tedesco the beligum manager did said it, think he said as long as hes playing and doing well it wouldnt matter a bit since the championship is a decent league in terms of quality

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Roazhon said:

Hello, Rennes would be interested in Castagne.  What is he worth?... And does he leave the locker rooms clean?;)

seems like the type of guy that would leave the changing room spotless. His kit usually is spotless as well as he doesn’t do anything to get it dirty 

• Haha 3