Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Castagne to Fulham

6 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

I Hope the three Belgians, the two Nigerians and the four Danes all leave A S A P !!!!

Written in the stars, it was four Daned.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It makes me laugh how a player being out of contract if they're leaving Leicester means they're worth virtually nothing, but when we bought Castagne from Atalanta, with a year left on his deal we still end up paying over £20mil.

Said at the time that it was steep.

Might be worth looking at a lot of the fees we paid for players whilst lee was involved ……. Just out of  interest …….

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

Is there actual interest in him or is this just another slag another player off thread? 

Nailed it.

I don't know why some people bother supporting a team that they seem to hate most of the players 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Roazhon said:

Hello, Rennes would be interested in Castagne.  What is he worth?... And does he leave the locker rooms clean?;)

He's worth 10 mil but our ownership want 15 mil. Please set up a banner saying 'achetez castagne' outside the Rennes stadium to convince your owners. We need money and he needs to leave.

44 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Nailed it.

I don't know why some people bother supporting a team that they seem to hate most of the players 

Maybe becasue some of the players despite being the highest paid in our history proved to be the most lazy, inept, slow, error prone, gutless players we have ever seen last season. It right there is so annoyance with some of the players, they wernt good enough last year by a long shot. Those that want out are a disgrace as this is THEIR doing!

Anyone who stays, if they can get us back up and prove they have the guts then fair enough, they will have regained some respect. I will suppor them to the full, but they have to gve something for out club. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

He is actually a decent signing for a lot of clubs. I am surprised he is still here. 

any scout worth his salt would see he’s a pile of shite.

The only hope we have is lord congerton takes him back to atalanta 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

But he seems like he left mentally a long while back

Absolutely. Him like a lot of other players. Good player on his day, and that is why I can see Juventus and Fulham being interested, but it has been a long time since he was any good for us. Won't be missed. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

It is unfair to say he is average. He was rodgered and once he finds his rhythm under a more free flowing attacking minded coach he will thrive. 

Not really. What does he excel at and what would he offer under a free flowing minded coach. He's not overly quick. His passing and crossing is certainly average at best and he doesn't strike me as a massive goal threat.

I get you don't play for Belgium if you don't have something about you, but I don't think we've ever really seen anything from him. He'd be behind Ricky and JJ for me, don't think he will be missed. 

If we claw anything near the money we paid back great. Even if we don't I'd still not be to fussed if he left and it meant we could get someone younger/hungry in and allow Enzo to continue this rebuild. 

On his day he's direct, finds lots of space going forward and loves a quick slide-rule cross along the deck. Used to link up with Tielemans well when they were both on song.

He just doesn't defend particularly well and may have had his confidence knocked after that horror injury where he broke his cheekbone.

He's also prone to a heavy touch and lacks assertion when under pressure. That could partly be down to Danny Ward too as I don't think either had confidence in each other, hence the couple of mix-ups they had last season.

He also suffers from just not being as talented as Ricardo, which hasn't been a problem while Ricky's been out with injuries. But now Ricardo is back and is assuming a hybrid role - one that makes use of his footballing talents and doesn't require him bombing up and down the pitch consistently - Castagne probably wouldn't get near the side unless he's adept at becoming an auxiliary left-sided CB while in possession.

A move to Fulham would be a good one for him. And if we can get a decent fee for him then brilliant. The only caveat to this would be whether we can keep Ricardo and Justin fit during a gruelling season. If not, we're probably looking at needing a CB to fit in on the right and invert (Faes maybe) or for them to 'stay at home' while left-sided player inverts (Thomas or Kristiansen).