Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Castagne to Fulham

11 minutes ago, Sly said:

At this stage, can’t we do a package deal with Al Hilal for Castagne, Soumare, Daka, Souttar, Ward, Iversen and Kristensen for £125m? 

Not unless we change our name to Chelsea, then we would be getting £200m at least for such talents of Arabia!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

On a serious note it makes you wonder why you don’t hear many championship players linked with Saudi……..

Surely the likes of Daka, Soumare and Castagne are better that those gone there or linked? 

The Saudis are buying big names to improve their profile rather than talent to improve their league. If it doesn’t all go to sh!t in the next season or two we’ll probably see a lot more players from lower divisions moving there for substantial but smaller pay packets than are currently being thrown around. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

On a serious note it makes you wonder why you don’t hear many championship players linked with Saudi……..

Surely the likes of Daka, Soumare and Castagne are better that those gone there or linked? 

Saudi league is buying the big names to get the type of fan that supports players rather than clubs. They don’t care about strength and depth. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Saudi league is buying the big names to get the type of fan that supports players rather than clubs. They don’t care about strength and depth. 

Agreed, I would however suggest that Daka for example is a bigger name (currently)than Ighalo.

Some of the money thrown about is ridiculous. £55m for Neves with one year left on his contract :nigel:

3 hours ago, Sly said:

At this stage, can’t we do a package deal with Al Hilal for Castagne, Soumare, Daka, Souttar, Ward, Iversen and Kristensen for £125m? 

And we can throw Vestergaard in for free as a goodwill gesture. 

1 hour ago, jonny_wright said:

Can we hurry up with this, the guys an arse who quite frankly can do one asap 

Timothy Cantstandya

I can totally understand if people want to debate his ability, but what’s he done to deserve that comment?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, majaco said:

Castagne is a more than decent player imo.  The championship is below his level

Of course, people can slag him off in a tiny-minded way if they choose.

He is clearly wanting out.  We should demand a decent fee.  If he stays,  I would expect him to excel 

Agreed, but his standards dropped dramatically with us. However, he would still be a good buy for many clubs in the Premier League. 

I am surprised he is still here to be honest. Frustrating how long it is taking to shift these players!

• Like 1

Castagne (as with a few others) probably wants his cake and to eat it aswell.  Loyalty bonus’ are payable when we sell a player. I doubt those are relegation adjusted. The club may well be trying to play hardball on things like this (and other things). I believe that Kane’s late ‘uncertainty’ on his move was down to spurs trying to wriggle out of paying a few bits and pieces that he was entitled to. 

We’re playing a bit of Russian roulette here and hopefully the clubs wanting the player won’t have moved onto other targets by the time either side blinks. 

• Like 1

I still think he’s overrated and plays for an international team that is overhyped, hence why they flatter to deceive. 

He looked awful against Liverpool and generally as a defender was about as useful as Amartey. He’s mid to bottom half Premier League, so would cut it in the Championship.

At their peak, both Justin and Ricardo were better players. 

However, we don’t need him and he needs binning off as he clearly wants out. He is everything wrong with what happened last season. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Castagne (as with a few others) probably wants his cake and to eat it aswell.  Loyalty bonus’ are payable when we sell a player. I doubt those are relegation adjusted. The club may well be trying to play hardball on things like this (and other things). I believe that Kane’s late ‘uncertainty’ on his move was down to spurs trying to wriggle out of paying a few bits and pieces that he was entitled to. 

We’re playing a bit of Russian roulette here and hopefully the clubs wanting the player won’t have moved onto other targets by the time either side blinks. 

A lot of rumblings he was one actively looking to leave and rumoured to have requested it as well, if we've said he can following his request I don't think he'd be due a loyalty bonus anyway. 

Edited by Tommy Fresh