Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Castagne to Fulham

Clubs know we will have to accept low ball offers soon enough. No rush until then. I'm sure Timmy will be gone in 2 weeks' time, along with Soumare and another couple, but the club are kidding themselves if they think they can demand big money.

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

Clubs know we will have to accept low ball offers soon enough. No rush until then. I'm sure Timmy will be gone in 2 weeks' time, along with Soumare and another couple, but the club are kidding themselves if they think they can demand big money.

Sadly I think your bang on. The fact that we've now wrapped them in cotton wool and everyone knows we 'must sell'. Means it'll be a closing down sale market!!

16 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Some of these players are going to have to accept they either need to take a pay cut, or accept they are going to be sitting around. 

So you are saying we pay them more to do nothing, or only play them if they take a pay cut.

No which option i go for.

37 minutes ago, sdb said:

They can hold out if more than one club wants the player. You'd expect that Fulham will out bid an Italian club. 

1 hour ago, sdb said:

This is the whole problem - the club *are* kidding themselves that they can demand big money

Running the clock down to deadline day works for us as well - I don’t buy all this we are in a completely weak position.  

if Castagne has a few clubs interested in him then let’s see who really wants him come 31st August.  The same is true for other players.  The reality is desirable players go for a premium come deadline day.

5 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

We're gonna be stuck with him, Soumare, Daka, Souttar, Ward & Vestergaard until their contracts run out aren't we?

Fear not. The Turkish Window closes on the 15th September. We will receive a raft of offers for loans where we pick up 95% of the wages.  This is what happens when you overpay for average talent.  We are not the only Club guilty of this practice for sure, but boy we seem to have serious form.

• Like 3

On 20/08/2023 at 09:33, Tuna said:

Why is he still here?

Get him out.

Because he earns lots of money and there has been no acceptable offer.

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Has this dosser sorted something out yet? 

No.  He has made no bid for himself or offered himself better wages than he currently gets.  Maybe because he is a dissertation ( not sure what your source is).

3 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Some of these players are going to have to accept they either need to take a pay cut, or accept they are going to be sitting around. 

Yes And they might sit around earning lots of money.

Clearly it would be great if we could get rid of him for a large sum.   If he stays,  our squad will be stronger for it. 

I don't see the point of hating him.   We are supporting and funding a squad full of individuals who earn life changing sums.  Last year's edition, including Castagne, managed to f it up and get us relegated.    

• Like 2

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Timmy has a Belgian euros place to worry about 

I'd worry if playing for the mighty Belgium took precedence over playing for the club that took me on in the first place elevated my profile and paid me wages way beyond my real worth and  I'd been part of the relegation setup. Timmy, you really ain't that good son and will be no loss to us when you get your ungrateful arse out the door.

7 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

I'd worry if playing for the mighty Belgium took precedence over playing for the club that took me on in the first place elevated my profile and paid me wages way beyond my real worth and  I'd been part of the relegation setup. Timmy, you really ain't that good son and will be no loss to us when you get your ungrateful arse out the door.

We hardly rescued him from the slums mate lol he was part of a phenomenal set up at Atalanta and was regularly playing in Europe! 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

The point isn’t that - it’s that he is less likely to sit on his arse and see out his contract (especially as he has two years left!) because he has his Belgian place to protect 

You’d think that will be worth losing half a million quid to him in the grand scheme of things ??

• Like 1

They’re in conversations with Fulham. Hopefully a few can be done quickly and we can bin him off. 

Average and overhyped defender.

If he was Spanish, Portuguese, English, French etc, he’d be nowhere near International football. Belgium are just average at best in those positions. 

11 minutes ago, Sly said:

They’re in conversations with Fulham. Hopefully a few can be done quickly and we can bin him off. 

Average and overhyped defender.

If he was Spanish, Portuguese, English, French etc, he’d be nowhere near International football. Belgium are just average at best in those positions. 

sort of makes my point even stronger - he’s the man is possession. He isn’t great but he gives them a solid 6.5/10. If someone else comes in then they’d do as good a job and then his international career would be in big trouble. He can’t afford to lose his place imo. 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

sort of makes my point even stronger - he’s the man is possession. He isn’t great but he gives them a solid 6.5/10. If someone else comes in then they’d do as good a job and then his international career would be in big trouble. He can’t afford to lose his place imo. 

Yes, agree. He’s okay I guess, however he’s not amongst the best 50 full backs in the world. At one point, you could have argued Ricardo and Justin were.

I’m still amazed Justin isn’t getting game time. 

Castagne is a steady 6/10.

We all know he’s getting caught under the ball at the back post. Maybe a more dominant goalkeeper or centreback covers that. 

Edited by Sly

Would love to know the correlation between people who say...

"Just get him gone"

"Just sign them and pay what they want"

And those that have a meltdown when the finances have gone to pot. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2