Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

They never played for us

Billy Sharp, bid accepted by Doncaster Rovers! just need to turn up for his medical. Refuses to come claims he's happy at Doncaster.... 48 hours later rocks up at Southampton. Was loyal for about 48 hours! 

Jack Harrison bid accepted, contract accepted, medical all but down. Just needs to sign the dotted line, mucks about answers the phone announces his heading up back up the motorway to Leeds to after accepting a new deal. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

On 19/06/2023 at 21:15, tom27111 said:

He was banging in The Phantom of the Opera though :appl:

download (9).jpeg

I saw him in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at the Palladium. Very good.

He has double the amount of blood in his body as that of the average human.

Edited by Arkie Bennett
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Billy Sharp, bid accepted by Doncaster Rovers! just need to turn up for his medical. Refuses to come claims he's happy at Doncaster.... 48 hours later rocks up at Southampton. Was loyal for about 48 hours! 

Jack Harrison bid accepted, contract accepted, medical all but down. Just needs to sign the dotted line, mucks about answers the phone announces his heading up back up the motorway to Leeds to after accepting a new deal. 

Leeds pulled it, not Harrison 

• Like 1

Ricky Sappleton is one, I remember we signed him and everyone was saying he was going to be a wonderkid. Can't remember him playing for us?

Had to google this one as I couldn't remember his surname but Raul Uche. Think we might have bought him for our youth/U21 team with a view to progressing through but never happened.

Edited by lcfc278
  • Like 2

I'd like to nominate Martin Fox...

I remember he was named on the bench on the last game of the season when we were down to the bare bones of squad availability in the late 90s: I wasn't convinced it was a real player as thought Martin O'Neil had needed to put a name down, so used his first name and added Fox as a surname!

He didn't get on the pitch, and as far as I'm aware, never made the subs bench again either, but googling him shows he ended up at Hinkley United...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Leeds pulled it, not Harrison 

Bit of both really, Leeds finally agreed to throw the money at Harrison, which led to a mutual agreement between the two as there was rumours Harrison wouldn’t agree to a new contract without his demands being met (which we was going to pay him and Leeds considered cashing in).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Ricky Sappleton is one, I remember we signed him and everyone was saying he was going to be a wonderkid. Can't remember him playing for us?

Had to google this one as I couldn't remember his surname but Raul Uche. Think we might have bought him for our youth/U21 team with a view to progressing through but never happened.

Suggested Sappleton earlier, googled it and he played about 25 minutes in one sub appearance under Holloway 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

I'd like to nominate Martin Fox...

I remember he was named on the bench on the last game of the season when we were down to the bare bones of squad availability in the late 90s: I wasn't convinced it was a real player as thought Martin O'Neil had needed to put a name down, so used his first name and added Fox as a surname!

He didn't get on the pitch, and as far as I'm aware, never made the subs bench again either, but googling him shows he ended up at Hinkley United...

Oh yeah, Louis Dodds got named as a sub v Aston Villa in the 2006 League Cup game alongside Eric Odhiambo for a potential debut. Eric got on, he didn't.

4 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

i dont believe either of these actually happened like that

36 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

So Harrison used us to get a pay rise? Fair play I guess

Not really. 

He wanted a new deal at Leeds. We bid. Everyone accepts it. He even poses with the Leicester shirt. But Leeds pull it at the last moment and offer Harrison a new deal. 

That's not that uncommon when players are nearing the end of their contract. 

On 18/06/2023 at 17:45, Rain King said:

Lars Gunnar Carlstrand

I am 90 per cent certain he came on as a sub for about thirty seconds during the last game of the season at Blackburn Rovers (awful 0-0 draw but was the day Coventry went down)

26 minutes ago, jimsmallman said:

I am 90 per cent certain he came on as a sub for about thirty seconds during the last game of the season at Blackburn Rovers (awful 0-0 draw but was the day Coventry went down)

He was on the touchline ready to come on but the whistle blew. It was the 5-3 defeat to Blackburn in February 1998.

1 hour ago, Rain King said:

He was on the touchline ready to come on but the whistle blew. It was the 5-3 defeat to Blackburn in February 1998.

I bow to your superior knowledge! Now you say that I definitely remember watching him on the touchline.

• Like 1

I remember going to a summer soccer school in Beaumont Leys aged about 7. At the end of the week, the trophies were handed out by "Leicester's next superstar and future England International", Ian Thompson*

*That's what we all thought too

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1