Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

11 hours ago, Turtle27 said:

Not sad to see him go but disappointed he decided to join probably our biggest rivals. Says a lot about him as a person 

Yes, it says he’s settled in the area, his kids and wife are happy and they don’t want to move. 

The ndidi of 3 seasons ago.was a monster. The current is sad to see, continually sloppy in possession as was evident against Rotherham again. 

The constant hamstring injuries he gets have declined him I feel and we had his bedt years.  15 mill seems tremendous money.

Good luck to wilf

I remember the days when there would be huge panic on here if he was unexpectedly missing from the line up. Sad to see. Disappointing it’s to Forest, but at the end of the day if it’s been made clear to him he is welcome to leave, we can’t blame him for putting himself and his family first when choosing his next destination. 

This sounds like hyperbole, but it’s genuinely not;

He has put in some of the best AND worst performances in a Leicester shirt I’ve seen in my lifetime.

I remember him absolutely dominating in a game against Liverpool in (I think) the 20/21 season and thinking we had one of the best CM’s in the league. Thought he’d be the next one we sold for silly money.

But some of the performances he put in last year were up there if not worse than any I saw during even the Levein years - Got to the point where he didn’t look like a footballer anymore.

This deal would be fantastic for both parties though it seems, so hopefully it can get done!

• Like 2

Anyone in/from the academy who can cover that right-sided #8 position if Wilf does leave?

Can Wanya or McAteer play that role, perhaps? Or anyone else that any dedicated viewer of the youth teams has seen who might be able come in and play backup to Casadei and Praet?

Seems there's a lot of business to do in the remaining few days of the window and we may not be able to make all the transfers we want this time, and may have to wait until Jan, especially if deals like this happen really late on.

Just now, Hinckleyfox said:

I find the whole “not to forest” thing a bit immature to be honest. Their money is as good as anybody else’s. This is a player that everyone has said should probably be moved on, he’s not one we’re begrudgingly letting go. So to say “yeah we want you to go, but only to a team of our choosing” is barmy. Wilf has been a fantastic servant, he’s had a rough couple of seasons and by the sounds of it an even rougher couple of years on a personal level, but he has NEVER downed tools, and as far as I’m aware he has never sulked. So if he gets a move that involves not uprooting his family, gets us a half decent fee and a chunky wage off the books then I struggle to see why we should start putting up obstacles because its Forest. 

Good luck to him and I for one don’t wish him to fail, wherever he goes. Anyone that does ought to grow up. 

I find you lack of deep understanding of the tribalism within football disturbing, ‘immature’ as it is

• Like 1

I don't want him to go.

I think playing higher up the pitch means his flaw, passing on the turn, is negated somewhat. Plus there is less pressure on him to get it right every time. I also think we need his physical presence and his skills of retrieving the ball is great when we are pressing high up the pitch.

He is unfortunate in his old role of tidying up and passing sideways or back just doesn't exist anymore. 

I personally think he could have a great confidence growing season with us this year and then be ready for a Prem battle the following. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hinckleyfox said:

I find the whole “not to forest” thing a bit immature to be honest. Their money is as good as anybody else’s. This is a player that everyone has said should probably be moved on, he’s not one we’re begrudgingly letting go. So to say “yeah we want you to go, but only to a team of our choosing” is barmy. Wilf has been a fantastic servant, he’s had a rough couple of seasons and by the sounds of it an even rougher couple of years on a personal level, but he has NEVER downed tools, and as far as I’m aware he has never sulked. So if he gets a move that involves not uprooting his family, gets us a half decent fee and a chunky wage off the books then I struggle to see why we should start putting up obstacles because its Forest. 

Good luck to him and I for one don’t wish him to fail, wherever he goes. Anyone that does ought to grow up. 

No, you're being immature! Oh my days, this is soooooo unfair! Like, so unfair I'm not bothered! Whatever. 

Sorry, too much sleep last night 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Product of 84 said:

I don't want him to go.

I think playing higher up the pitch means his flaw, passing on the turn, is negated somewhat. Plus there is less pressure on him to get it right every time. I also think we need his physical presence and his skills of retrieving the ball is great when we are pressing high up the pitch.

He is unfortunate in his old role of tidying up and passing sideways or back just doesn't exist anymore. 

I personally think he could have a great confidence growing season with us this year and then be ready for a Prem battle the following. 

He’s unlikely to get many goals or assists playing higher up the pitch. It’s just not his game. His game is DM and being a destroyer. That isn’t going to be needed under enzo because we have to ball so much. He’s not technically good enough to be box to box, so I think the move is right for all parties. 

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Haven't Forest got about 6 defensive midfielders already?

Just went on Forest's website (shudder) and they currently have 33 players on their squad page, not sure how many are U21 but surely they need to ship some out before they sign anyone? Crazy

Edit - they've not even added Montiel on there either yet so make that 34

Edited by lcfc278

8 minutes ago, Product of 84 said:

I don't want him to go.

Hallelujah! Great post. Somebody gets it.