Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

It’s funny how players hit certain heights then go downhill, I recall a certain Julian Joachim, burst on the scene( Leicester fans around them times will tell you) fantastic player and to this day his goal at Barnsley is my all time favourite Leicester goal , but his career went in free fall around 26/27 yrs of age 

24 minutes ago, dayday said:

It’s funny how players hit certain heights then go downhill, I recall a certain Julian Joachim, burst on the scene( Leicester fans around them times will tell you) fantastic player and to this day his goal at Barnsley is my all time favourite Leicester goal , but his career went in free fall around 26/27 yrs of age 

Was that not due to the fact he had a bad injury? Broken leg I think it was

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dayday said:

His goal against Portsmouth was pretty impressive and made their fans stfu.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, dayday said:

He left Leicester in 1996 and was signed for Coalville town in 2011. 
Amazing player though and was destined for great things until he went to Villa which seemed to be the graveyard of players and managers at the time for some reason. 
as for Nididi I hope he stays and gets back his form , he looks like he wants to. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

People really saying Ndidi is rubbish?  OMG. This place. 

He’s not been great for 18 months or so. It’s just whether that’s down to Brendan destroying him or his own regression/confidence. But we’re 100% better off selling

8 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

His goal against Portsmouth was pretty impressive and made their fans stfu.

Was there, dire game, was Joachim on the bench that day? , then come on and scored that worldie 

I thought we was done but the lads did us proud down there, happy days 

20 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

He’s regressed so much, but don’t understand why 

I would still defo keep him this season, as I’m still in the camp that maybe kept fit and is over his family troubles he will bounce back 

1 hour ago, grth2004 said:

He left Leicester in 1996 and was signed for Coalville town in 2011. 
Amazing player though and was destined for great things until he went to Villa which seemed to be the graveyard of players and managers at the time for some reason. 
as for Nididi I hope he stays and gets back his form , he looks like he wants to. 

...it seems the ability to be proficient on the ball is going to be his downfall!!!

With our style of play, he is pretty much handicapped by his inability to pass the ball consistently for 10 metres.

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Rubbish would be kind for the absolute shit show of the last 18 months. 

Having said that at this level i'd keep him vs any nominal fee we might get. 

I also don't want to see more than 1 or 2 of the players Maresca are so clearly envisaging in this new system leaving. 

Edited by Gamble92

Ndidi , was class untill Rodgers decided he was no longer interested at been with us , the way he wanted us to play didn’t suit the players we had . I say give him a chance with our new manager. He will kill this division 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Curious one on Ndidi, there's absolutely no reason to demand an unreasonable fee for him if he's leaving on a free next summer. He'll be on big wages, has been here so long that anything we get for him is pure profit, as there's no amortisation remaining.

But us asking for £20m for a player who's form has fell off a cliff is pretty crazy. I think he's a £12m punt max.

Supposedly one of the players earning £70k-£80k a week. Big chunk of change.

10 hours ago, dayday said:

Couldn’t agree more, he was electric. Every time he got the ball you could feel the excitement in the stadium. My favorite goal was the one he scored to beat Portsmouth 1-0 in the 1993 play off final 2nd leg at the City ground.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, dayday said:

He’s regressed so much, but don’t understand why 

I would still defo keep him this season, as I’m still in the camp that maybe kept fit and is over his family troubles he will bounce back 

Don't know anything about his family troubles but I do know he suffered 2 or 3 bouts of covid and had and continued to have quite a lot of medical care. 

Long term effects to a professional sportsman could be quite severe even if it drops your performance by a few % that could make all the difference.

One of my favourite players but I must admit it was painful to watch him sometimes last season. 

Let's hope we see him return to the player he was because a fully fit Wilf is way to good at this level.

Early signs look good for me giving him a more advanced role. 

Edited by Foreverfox
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

For the last two years he has been. Alongside Tielemans and Soumare, it was such a weakness in our team. 

We all know what he used to be capable of, but unless he starts to show an improvement I’d rather not pay his high wages and let him leave for free next summer.