Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

You cannot carry that much risk, it would bre proliferating the same mistakes. Same with Kel, same with anyone who won`t sign an extension.

They have to go as we cannot be so moronic to be carrying such financial risk - yes he may make the difference but recent history dictates otherwise, its just too uncertain  :(

How do you know he won’t? Is that public knowledge?  It might be. If it is I’ve missed it. 

Just now, ARM1968 said:

How do you know he won’t? Is that public knowledge?  It might be. If it is I’ve missed it. 

That's why I said its too uncertain. You cannot carry that uncertainty as a club that has such a shocking recent history of being so negligent with its finances

I don`t know, but its likely he would not sign a new contract as he is in the Championship now and I am sure he imagines he is a level beyond that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

That's why I said its too uncertain. You cannot carry that uncertainty as a club that has such a shocking recent history of being so negligent with its finances

I don`t know, but its likely he would not sign a new contract as he is in the Championship now and I am sure he imagines he is a level beyond that

To be fair I agree with you up to a point, but we cannot replace him for the money being touted.  Nowhere near. So isn’t it still a risk to take that money and weaken the team overall?

You take risks in business. It’s just balancing that risk. 

13 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

To be fair I agree with you up to a point, but we cannot replace him for the money being touted.  Nowhere near. So isn’t it still a risk to take that money and weaken the team overall?

You take risks in business. It’s just balancing that risk. 

If he gets anywhere near his best, then maybe but even then I am not convinced we weaken this Enzo team as I do not feel Wilf is a natural fit for what Enzo wants. (Could be wrong)

Its an untenable situation I agree, but we have to start acting in this manner, where we do not allow contracts to run down, as it played its part in our recent mismanagement

(Along with poor management obviously)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Only if he has no sense of self-awareness, fairly sure that he knows that he has dropped off a cliff recently.

44 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Hasn’t he been used in a number of games?

Yes. Because there is litteraly no one else for the #8 role he's been playing but he's not an #8 and even peak Ndidi wouldn't be suited there. 

I'm not really understanding your argument here. Because he was great at DM 3/4 seasons ago, we shouldn't sell him and use him in a system that doesn't suit him, playing a role that doesn't benefit him or us until his contract runs out and we lose him for nothing next year? 

2 hours ago, Scotch said:

Yes. Because there is litteraly no one else for the #8 role he's been playing but he's not an #8 and even peak Ndidi wouldn't be suited there. 

I'm not really understanding your argument here. Because he was great at DM 3/4 seasons ago, we shouldn't sell him and use him in a system that doesn't suit him, playing a role that doesn't benefit him or us until his contract runs out and we lose him for nothing next year? 

I’ll leave the judgement to our manager I think. None of us really know what he has in mind or if Ndidi fits. Seems quite a few people are dead against the lad. Yes, he has dropped off a cliff, but there are reasons for that which appear to be behind him. If he doesn’t want to sign a new contract then fair enough, I imagine we might sell. If he does sign one then I would rather keep him. I’d rather not lose him for peanuts. Seems to be quite an emotive one this. 

8 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I’ll leave the judgement to our manager I think. None of us really know what he has in mind or if Ndidi fits. Seems quite a few people are dead against the lad. Yes, he has dropped off a cliff, but there are reasons for that which appear to be behind him. If he doesn’t want to sign a new contract then fair enough, I imagine we might sell. If he does sign one then I would rather keep him. I’d rather not lose him for peanuts. Seems to be quite an emotive one this. 

I mean, a defensive midfielder goes 5 (maybe 6, I didn't watch the Newcastle game) without making a single tackle, you can't really blame folk for writing him off. 

6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I mean, a defensive midfielder goes 5 (maybe 6, I didn't watch the Newcastle game) without making a single tackle, you can't really blame folk for writing him off. 

Like I said, there were mitigating circumstances. Just don’t think it’s at all wise to write him off. My opinion. There are others. Good job really. 

16 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

What are those out of interest?

I watched him closely last year and he put in some of the worst individual performances I’ve ever seen for us, genuinely.

Not even Danny Ward was as bad as Wilf was at times last season!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Health issues. Multiple bouts of Covid and suspected long Covid. Family issue which I’m not discussing here but very tough to deal with. On top of that, Brendan. 

Fair enough, wasn’t aware of any of that.

Aside from Brendan, obviously. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Health issues. Multiple bouts of Covid and suspected long Covid. Family issue which I’m not discussing here but very tough to deal with. On top of that, Brendan. 

As someone who suffers from Long COVID, it’s horrible. Body inflammation for anything past a certain level- rehab theory is to build up slowly- but easily set back and chronic pain over a long time - horrid but not visible when you’re infront of people for an event - if he’s got this, I totally understand the drop in speed and stamina 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

I’d heard bits of that - the family part also.  It’s one of the reasons why I think we may be the beast club for him.  With all of that does he want the pressure of a move to a ‘big club’

Get him back to 80%-90% of what he was and he’s the best defensive midfielder in the championship.  

if he does stay we need to extend his contract

• Like 1