Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

Looked a lost soul on Sunday even at championship level, should be snapping their arm off.

Forget the money and what he was worth once upon a time, he’s a core member of the hero to zero club that needs to be distanced from any of our future plans.

2 hours ago, 87fox said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-receive-e8m-bid-player-26-year-old-welcomes-offer-keen-leave-foxes/

Wilfred Ndidi has a year left on his contract and wants to leave Leicester City this summer.

That’s according to Yeni Şafak, who say Fenerbahçe have come forward to sign the 26-year-old.

The Yellow Canaries are looking to strengthen their No.6 position and have identified the Leicester man as a target. The Turkish club have taken further steps as the report states they have sent an offer worth €8m, plus bonuses, to the Foxes. It’s claimed new Fenerbahçe sporting director Mário Branco has held talks with both the Nigeria international and his agent.

This seems to have convinced the defensive midfielder as Yeni Şafak state he ‘welcomes [the] offer’ made by the Istanbul club. He’s also keen to leave Leicester following their relegation from the Premier League last season.

There’s no mention whether Enzo Maresca’s side have accepted or rejected Fenerbahçe’s bid for the player.

Ndidi has received positive updates about Fenerbahçe from his compatriots, Joseph Yobo and Emmanuel Emenike, who had spells Turkey.

The Nigerian made 30 appearances for Leicester last season and also started in their 2-1 league win over Coventry City.

This is a Turkish offer.

Whilst it's surprisingly to purchase and not to loan, surely it should read €8 including bonuses! 

• Haha 1

£6.5m is a joke, but it's hardly like people are beating down the door to sign him is it? If we manage to sell him for £6.5m, then get maybe £8m for Daka, £10m for Iheanacho, £7m for Castagne, £5m for Thomas etc - straightaway you can fund the signings of Hamer and Piroe, and probably 1 or 2 more on top of that. Think the club need to stop bean-counting.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Well Wilf isn't playing that role anymore, Harry Winks is. In pre-season, Hamza has been used as the replacement there. Sammy Braybrooke might end up there too when he comes back from injury. The role isn't about destroying anymore, it's about building.

Having cover in Wink's position might be needed, but Ndidi isn't that option.

Wilf's historically best role is not required by Enzo's brave new world, and that coupled with him being in the last year of his contract means he needs to be sold. We have allowed his value to lapse for various reasons, so best to clear the wages* and sell.

* as much as possible, although it may still leave us paying some portion if his wages remain comparatively high

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

£6.5m is a joke, but it's hardly like people are beating down the door to sign him is it? If we manage to sell him for £6.5m, then get maybe £8m for Daka, £10m for Iheanacho, £7m for Castagne, £5m for Thomas etc - straightaway you can fund the signings of Hamer and Piroe, and probably 1 or 2 more on top of that. Think the club need to stop bean-counting.

Screenshot_20230808_140033_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_195301867141552.jpg

1 hour ago, LFEFox23 said:

Wilf goes that means were left with Hamza and Soumare in the holding midfielder role.:blink:

Winks is playing the holding role. Enzo thinks the same as Pep. A player running around tackling as his only attribute isn’t enough for him. He wants a footballer there. Same as Man City always do.

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Winks is playing the holding role. Enzo thinks the same as Pep. A player running around tackling as his only attribute isn’t enough for him. He wants a footballer there. Same as Man City always do.

Surely playing him in a supporting attack role mean Enzo thinks he can play football?

Sell. 

I would love for him to suddenly rediscover his past form, but it has been 2 years now and he has looked a shadow of himself for far too long. 

I have no bad feelings towards him at all though, and hope a new club will be able to get more out of him. 

I would be much more excited and positive with a new signing in his position. 

29 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Wilf's historically best role is not required by Enzo's brave new world, and that coupled with him being in the last year of his contract means he needs to be sold. We have allowed his value to lapse for various reasons, so best to clear the wages* and sell.

* as much as possible, although it may still leave us paying some portion if his wages remain comparatively high

The fact he's been used makes me think he doesn't have to be sold. Compare him to Soumare who was not used at all through preseason nor selected for the squad.

People knocked his performance on Sunday but there were aspects of his game that he did well in, and he gives us aerial superiority in the middle of the park against physical and direct teams. Those are important attributes in a season like this. The thing that counts against him is that Casadei is 6"1 so would surely be ahead in a system like this.

If a decent offer comes in I think we will sell him though because he's in the last year. I just don't think we are desperate to do so.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Well Wilf isn't playing that role anymore, Harry Winks is. In pre-season, Hamza has been used as the replacement there. Sammy Braybrooke might end up there too when he comes back from injury. The role isn't about destroying anymore, it's about building.

Having cover in Wink's position might be needed, but Ndidi isn't that option.

I don't think Hamza is either. I think he wants to be played as one of the 8s. In fact the current system suggests we can't afford for Ricardo or winks to get injured as we don't have any kind of replacement.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The fact he's been used makes me think he doesn't have to be sold. Compare him to Soumare who was not used at all through preseason nor selected for the squad.

People knocked his performance on Sunday but there were aspects of his game that he did well in, and he gives us aerial superiority in the middle of the park against physical and direct teams. Those are important attributes in a season like this. The thing that counts against him is that Casadei is 6"1 so would surely be ahead in a system like this.

If a decent offer comes in I think we will sell him though because he's in the last year. I just don't think we are desperate to do so.

Perhaps just very unsure on Wilf these days but I do recognise he has had some struggles of his own to deal with.

Agree that we could (and should) do better than Wilf for the role he is being shoe horned into, do wonder If Wilf and Soumare leave would we expect two more midfielders, although perhaps not dedicated one, to arrive? Unless we think Hamza can cover until u21 lads are fit.  :dunno:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LFEFox23 said:

Wilf goes that means were left with Hamza and Soumare in the holding midfielder role.:blink:

I'm fine with that, Winks + KDH + Mavididi + Casadei + Another

Hamza, Bouba, Praet and Sharky

Doesn't seem too bad to me

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Perhaps just very unsure on Wilf these days but I do recognise he has had some struggles of his own to deal with.

Agree that we could (and should) do better than Wilf for the role he is being shoe horned into, do wonder If Wilf and Soumare leave would we expect two more midfielders, although perhaps not dedicated one, to arrive? Unless we think Hamza can cover until u21 lads are fit.  :dunno:

Hamza's going to be dynamite this year, mark my words