Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

9 hours ago, 87fox said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-receive-e8m-bid-player-26-year-old-welcomes-offer-keen-leave-foxes/

Wilfred Ndidi has a year left on his contract and wants to leave Leicester City this summer.

That’s according to Yeni Şafak, who say Fenerbahçe have come forward to sign the 26-year-old.

The Yellow Canaries are looking to strengthen their No.6 position and have identified the Leicester man as a target. The Turkish club have taken further steps as the report states they have sent an offer worth €8m, plus bonuses, to the Foxes. It’s claimed new Fenerbahçe sporting director Mário Branco has held talks with both the Nigeria international and his agent.

This seems to have convinced the defensive midfielder as Yeni Şafak state he ‘welcomes [the] offer’ made by the Istanbul club. He’s also keen to leave Leicester following their relegation from the Premier League last season.

There’s no mention whether Enzo Maresca’s side have accepted or rejected Fenerbahçe’s bid for the player.

Ndidi has received positive updates about Fenerbahçe from his compatriots, Joseph Yobo and Emmanuel Emenike, who had spells Turkey.

The Nigerian made 30 appearances for Leicester last season and also started in their 2-1 league win over Coventry City.

to be fair he’ll be ready to start collecting his Pension soon so can’t deny him one last  big contract…

Curious why he featured so much in pre-season and started the game at the weekend, if it was always likely he would indeed be sold. 

I am actually happy his time here has come to an end. It has been painful to watch him compared to what he used to be for us. 

Hope he manages to reset his career and form somewhere else, because he has shown zero signs of doing that here. 

Great player and not so long ago, one of the best in the Premier League, but he leaves us as not the same player he once was.

Doubt we will ever figure out why at 26 he has declined so rapidly. Most likely a combination of many things. Good luck to him!  

9 minutes ago, DionDublinsThirdLeg said:

I don't understand it when a new manager comes in, that we're expected to give him time, but the same doesn't apply to players.

When Maresca was appointed, as far as I'm concerned, the Footballing side of the Club resets. I couldn't care less about how anyone played under Rodgers, its all about how they perform going forward. Is £8 million worth it, to lose one of the most versatile players in our squad? Not for me.

He looks fit, as does Ricardo, so I'm looking forward to seeing what Maresca can do with them.

Totally agree…but all F.forums will try their punditry skills at others ( club players) cost. Without knowing background, a pertaining to be informed on the back of a lot of partially informed,or fishing type & plus click bait platforms

plus the various Nigerian so called interfaces

I would be the last to push him out, If our manager sees a way to integrate him,to his own ideology & tactics,why not.

All players have got Carte Blanche for me…They really want to go…OK.      Like to stay & give it a go, also ok.

Players who Have had offers  & are not sure…decide to go or stay. 

Last 2 seasons for some have been abysmal under Rodgers,I threw in on  his side of doing things,until November,but he lacked any flexability or given skill to re-address both his own egoistic ways,to clubs needs..It whatever Rodgers-ideas“ went out of skelter..So any player from the last 2 years, have that new start opportunity…

Eager to get rid from some fans..not so from my side.

Enzo /club  has only a short time to reshuffle put in his ideas & get them across,he might see something in Ndidi that he can nurture over the season,but not immediately…This will be happening also to new investments..

One other reason I find a willing to stay Souttar a bit confusing…His pace is immaterial..often a CBs problem, only maybe 15-20% have a decent pace,so no solid argument there,either from media,wanting & forcing a story, manager just wanting to get rid,or Fans want to use a lazy drop off statement, which to them explains the world…

Whatever !! the logical & confusing nature of Football will sort it out…

5 hours ago, MPH said:

4.4 million followers. From 5th August..

Some of the Nigerian accounts are where we actually get decent info on our players 

I’ve no idea if this is one of those 

I still think enzo sees value in wilf being more advanced than winks because he can disrupt any transitions and regain possession . Whilst praet offers more creativity, there are some games where you’d perhaps plump for a little more security. 

it wouldn’t shock me if we didn’t go go another midfielder if casadei falls through and wilf has decided he doesn’t want to move 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It all depends what the plan is. We have 10 players out or contract next summer and the wages a lot of them are on this season if you couple that all together is an insane amount of potential money we could save/raise by attempting to move them on.

This notion that its better they stay and spearhead us to promotion is all well and good but if it doesn't happen we are in a situation that could have been better served.

We still need to lower the wage bill, these players who have been here years like Ndidi and Iheanacho aren't going to sign new deals on £30k a week, so sell them for £5-10m each, save another £5-6m in wages and reinvest that on players on less wages with potential.

Protect our future and squad value.

Perfectly put, it’s as simple as that and it applies to the 10 or so players who are out of contract next summer (if we get one) :appl:

44 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Some of the Nigerian accounts are where we actually get decent info on our players 

I still think enzo sees value in wilf being more advanced than winks because he can disrupt any transitions and regain possession . Whilst praet offers more creativity, there are some games where you’d perhaps plump for a little more security. 

it wouldn’t shock me if we didn’t go go another midfielder if casadei falls through and wilf has decided he doesn’t want to move 

Doubt he will see it for very long

Nacho, Ndiddi and Preat are the players who are out of contract who have some resale value

Hamza, Vesty and Luke Thomas less so but it all adds up.

With all the players out of contract this year plus the loans our team next will look very different again regardless of which league we are in

2 hours ago, DionDublinsThirdLeg said:

I don't understand it when a new manager comes in, that we're expected to give him time, but the same doesn't apply to players.

When Maresca was appointed, as far as I'm concerned, the Footballing side of the Club resets. I couldn't care less about how anyone played under Rodgers, its all about how they perform going forward. Is £8 million worth it, to lose one of the most versatile players in our squad? Not for me.

He looks fit, as does Ricardo, so I'm looking forward to seeing what Maresca can do with them.

So Ward should get another 10+ games in goal? 

2 hours ago, DionDublinsThirdLeg said:

Nah.

Certain players have had enough time now. 

Ndidi has been shocking for two years now and only has a year left on his deal - We simply have to get rid of him.

Plus he's not very versatile at all is he.

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

it’s certainly a tactic I can see us employing in some away games but only 

assume he’s doing it home because we have very limited options atm with limited creativity 

9 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Curious why he featured so much in pre-season and started the game at the weekend, if it was always likely he would indeed be sold. 

I am actually happy his time here has come to an end. It has been painful to watch him compared to what he used to be for us. 

Hope he manages to reset his career and form somewhere else, because he has shown zero signs of doing that here. 

Great player and not so long ago, one of the best in the Premier League, but he leaves us as not the same player he once was.

Doubt we will ever figure out why at 26 he has declined so rapidly. Most likely a combination of many things. Good luck to him!  

Probably Maresca needing a placeholder 8 until our targets came in, and Ndidi wanting to prove to other clubs that he can be more than a CDM. Not convinced he succeeded in that but the chance to play in a new system for a couple of months while jobhunting was probably a good challenge for him. 

• Like 1

For whatever reason (injury I suppose) he's never quite recaptured his form. He's been fantastic for us but seemingly he'll never be the same so we'd be better off selling. £5m+ and his wages off the books is more useful for us under Maresca. If he carries on his current trajectory we'll be cursing ourselves for not selling.

Hard to see him getting any worthwhile minutes if we do land Casadei.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Verumex said:

Probably Maresca needing a placeholder 8 until our targets came in, and Ndidi wanting to prove to other clubs that he can be more than a CDM. Not convinced he succeeded in that but the chance to play in a new system for a couple of months while jobhunting was probably a good challenge for him. 

An injury would have meant he is stuck here and walks for free in 1 year though and we are also left with a player not wanting to be here. 

It's certainly not the norm to play a player who is up for sale. See Iverson, Ward, Soumare, Castagne etc. 

You are probably right though, and just shows how we are still lacking a handful of signings. 

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

An injury would have meant he is stuck here and walks for free in 1 year though and we are also left with a player not wanting to be here. 

It's certainly not the norm to play a player who is up for sale. See Iverson, Ward, Soumare, Castagne etc. 

You are probably right though, and just shows how we are still lacking a handful of signings. 

Not the norm no, but that doesn't mean that every player has to cover themselves in bubblewrap. 

Ndidi has a reputable for being a 1 dimensional player, which wasn't really an issue when he was the best in the country at what he did, but if he wants to find a suiter, he'll have to prove to other clubs that he can do more that just defend well.

That's my guess anyway, I could be off the mark and he's always intended to stay. Maybe he was one of the 6?

3 hours ago, Danno said:

He should have been replaced under Rodgers the first season we missed out on top 4, we needed someone better with the ball to progress. 

One of the main reasons we missed out on top4 in 19/20 was Ndidi's injuries. Before that he was one of our 3 best players alongside ricardo and vardy.

15 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Maybe we just make him a Ricardo backup.

That means he plays right back when we’re defending  and you’re also expecting him to recycle the ball and play back and forth with winks (or whoever is in that role) and others as the extra man in midfield .  He can’t do it