Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

Ndidi is the kind of player we need since we are going to be opened up on the counter quite frequently with our aggressive possession style under Maresca. We will need his range and work rate to win the ball back. I also think he can chip in a few goals on set pieces. 

If he's healthy and motivated, I think he is going to be a big part of our success.

• Like 1

If Maresca wants a defensive shield in some games, then great, but I don't think we will. One of the reasons we might get opened up on the counter is because the ball bounces off him when he gets in advanced positions and he's no longer in the defensive spot in the midfield to win it back. So he's as much the cause rather than the effect!*

*(that sounds clever but doesn't actually mean anything does it?)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stopharage said:

So Ward should get another 10+ games in goal? 

If Maresca believed that he was our best keeper then he should be playing. Given it seems as though Maresca has him as 4th choice, that doesn't seem something we have to worry about does it?

7 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

Nah.

Certain players have had enough time now. 

Ndidi has been shocking for two years now and only has a year left on his deal - We simply have to get rid of him.

Plus he's not very versatile at all is he.

Everyone was shocking under Rodgers in those two years, I don't understand the insistence on picking on individual players, because we'd have nobody here otherwise.

Castagne won POTS, yet he put in the worst defensive performances over a season I've seen since Ryan Mcgivern was torn apart by Jimmy Kebe, it was like watching that every week.

Justin/Ricardo/Ndidi never looked fit and were poor when played, Soumare and Daka looked clueless, Barnes couldn't pass the ball 3 yards, Tielemans was like watching Kevin Pressman play in central midfield. The one player who Rodgers got something out of, Iheanacho, he hated.

We've kept hold of Albrighton, who has been out of his depth for 4/5 years at least, yet he's a fan favourite. Quite rightly, there are reports that Marseca doesn't rate him. No surprise, he's slow, technically poor and tactically naive. This is the sort of player that should be going before Ndidi does.

As for him not being versatile, Maresca thinks he can get something out of him as an 8, and we all know he can play as a 6, or even as a CB. He's a versatile player, who looks sharper than he has since he way an exceptional player in the League above. I'm all for keeping him unless Maresca doesn't want him.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DionDublinsThirdLeg said:

If Maresca believed that he was our best keeper then he should be playing. Given it seems as though Maresca has him as 4th choice, that doesn't seem something we have to worry about does it?

Everyone was shocking under Rodgers in those two years, I don't understand the insistence on picking on individual players, because we'd have nobody here otherwise.

Castagne won POTS, yet he put in the worst defensive performances over a season I've seen since Ryan Mcgivern was torn apart by Jimmy Kebe, it was like watching that every week.

Justin/Ricardo/Ndidi never looked fit and were poor when played, Soumare and Daka looked clueless, Barnes couldn't pass the ball 3 yards, Tielemans was like watching Kevin Pressman play in central midfield. The one player who Rodgers got something out of, Iheanacho, he hated.

We've kept hold of Albrighton, who has been out of his depth for 4/5 years at least, yet he's a fan favourite. Quite rightly, there are reports that Marseca doesn't rate him. No surprise, he's slow, technically poor and tactically naive. This is the sort of player that should be going before Ndidi does.

As for him not being versatile, Maresca thinks he can get something out of him as an 8, and we all know he can play as a 6, or even as a CB. He's a versatile player, who looks sharper than he has since he way an exceptional player in the League above. I'm all for keeping him unless Maresca doesn't want him.

I enjoyed this reference. Memories.

Don't disagree with any of your post apart from the last sentence(s). I don't think he looks sharper at all, just totally lost before he was hauled off on Sunday...as he has for the last two years. I honestly think the game has moved on from players like Ndidi, which is why you will see very few clubs interested in signing him, even on the cheap. 

Players stagnate at clubs, it happens all the time.

I think hanging onto players for sentiment, or the desperate hope that they'll improve is one of the reasons we are where we are now. 

31 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

I enjoyed this reference. Memories.

Don't disagree with any of your post apart from the last sentence(s). I don't think he looks sharper at all, just totally lost before he was hauled off on Sunday...as he has for the last two years. I honestly think the game has moved on from players like Ndidi, which is why you will see very few clubs interested in signing him, even on the cheap. 

Players stagnate at clubs, it happens all the time.

I think hanging onto players for sentiment, or the desperate hope that they'll improve is one of the reasons we are where we are now. 

I'm not talking about sentiment as a reason to keep Ndidi, that would be more of an argument for keeping Albrighton/Vardy.

I think he can offer something, if fully fit. I think he's coachable, I'm not suggesting he's going to become Yaya Toure, but you only have to see what was done with Stones, who stagnated, and is now arguably the most important player in Man City's treble winning side last year.

Plus according to Rodgers, Soyuncu stagnated here, and we visually saw Tielemans and Maddison do the same. Yet they've got moves to Clubs in better positions than us. In comes down to the simple fact that for £8 million, Ndidi offers us something I don't think we can replace for that price. There's rumours that Cov want at least £15 million for Hamer, that tells us that even selling Ndidi means suitable replacements are going to be costly. Even then, Hamer doesn't offer you the CB cover and number 6 cover that Ndidi does.

He doesn't fit it in anymore. He stood out so badly on Sunday. He has limited pace, no technique, no passing range, and is extremely clumsy and cumbersome. He literally has one skill which is out muscling people and winning the ball back. In our new system he is useless, which is why Enzo wants Casadei. Hamza and even Soumare would be better than Ndidi in my opinion because they have more strings to their bow.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I get the feeling N'didi is staying. Makes no sense to be playing him in these games if he wants to leave. 

Shop window? If the right offer comes in surely he is surplus to requirements with a contract expiring and little reason to negotiate a lesser contract. 
Plus the loan signing incoming 

20 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Shop window? If the right offer comes in surely he is surplus to requirements with a contract expiring and little reason to negotiate a lesser contract. 
Plus the loan signing incoming 

could easily be a bit of both, Castagne hasnt played in either, neither has daka, and you get the feeling they are likely to leave, 

feel Ndidi has more chance of staying that Daka atm

• Like 2

I would imagine a bit of both. He had a good game tonight, I know it’s Burton but played well as a number 8  this evening despite everyone seeing him as a bit of scape goat now. IMO I think he was better than Praet the saviour. 😂

Not going anywhere according to his agent

I spoke to Ndidi's representative. He said Leicester City had no plans to sell the player.

He also stated that no official attempt was made by Fenerbahçe to them or the club and that he found this transfer difficult in terms of financial conditions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Not going anywhere according to his agent

I spoke to Ndidi's representative. He said Leicester City had no plans to sell the player.

He also stated that no official attempt was made by Fenerbahçe to them or the club and that he found this transfer difficult in terms of financial conditions.

Nobody will pay him what we do - forget it.

If we go into the season with Ndidi in the squad I'll be more than happy. He's showed he can play (just about) a couple of midfield positions and can also cover CB when needed which will probably allow us to move Souttar on. I'd definitely keep him over Soumare and maybe even Praet who is probably a better player but never really turned it on here.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

I still think he’s a centre half being played out of position.

Not sure I’d wasn’t him played there under Enzo though - imagine him being last man under pressure finding passes out…. The stress!!!! 

I think his best position is the bench.

On 09/08/2023 at 17:38, JimJams said:

If Maresca wants a defensive shield in some games, then great, but I don't think we will. One of the reasons we might get opened up on the counter is because the ball bounces off him when he gets in advanced positions and he's no longer in the defensive spot in the midfield to win it back. So he's as much the cause rather than the effect!*

*(that sounds clever but doesn't actually mean anything does it?)

Were you a Boy Scout…In this case Already prepared..!!

Ndidi went on an intensive course for DMs in advanced position,

plus we have super youth to protect us..Master Doyle..

So you see,those real bad days are gone.

Enzoball has looked at all possibilities, even got @StriderHiryu to cover all angles.

Ndidi will be our goto goat,and will turn out POS…
The bouncing ball will now be in front of him & not behind him..so he will effect the outcome,more than let anybody behind him cause it…

( Amartey is now a Turkish-delight).

Yes he will score countless goals from those deep runs..