Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

On 10/08/2023 at 17:39, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Noticeable last night that Enzo labelled KDH, Praet and Ndidi all as “key players”. I think all 3 will be staying.

Unless he drops & loses the key…while the window is still open..These Jackdaws are crafty..

• Like 1

I can see Wilf and Kels signing new contracts, I can also see Wilf having an excellent season and wouldn’t be surprised to see him get into double figures for goals this season. 

It’s early days under Maresca but already there is a missive improvement in Wilfs technique and he looks so much more comfortable on the ball, on Wednesday night be played some lovely 1/2 touch balls. His ability to press and high energy means alongside KDH we have two high 8’s who have the ability to force teams back and win the ball back high up the pitch. 

The addition of Casedei will mean Enzo has the opportunity to rotate and keep his midfielders fresh and manage any injuries or suspensions. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Imagine if he somehow got a move to Bayern lol

https://www.fussballtransfers.com/a2346775659737410314-schnaeppchen-und-zwei-klauseln-bayerns-sechser-kandidaten

Thomas Tuchel would like a new defensive six at Bayern. Ibrahim Sangaré remains the top candidate - but names of possible alternatives are still making the rounds.

A week ago , FT reported that Ibrahim Sangaré (25) from PSV Eindhoven is a hot candidate at FC Bayern . His confidante Kiki Musampa later confirmed: "There are big clubs that are interested, such as Bayern Munich."

According to FT information, the Bavarians are already talking to Sangaré's representatives about the framework conditions for cooperation. If you come to a common denominator, the 37 million euro exit clause of the midfield edge should be drawn. PSV's hands would be tied.

But there are also alternative plans in Munich in search of a new defensive six. The 'kicker' also mentions Sangaré and also refers to the interest in Aurélien Tchouaméni (23), which Real Madrid is unlikely to give up.

And then the trade journal brings two completely new names into the race: Wilfred Ndidi (26) was one of the better six in the Premier League for a long time, but was relegated with Leicester City last season. The Nigerian's contract only expires in 2024. Is there a bargain here?

And on the other hand, the 'kicker' also brings the name Florentino (23) into play. Bayern coach Thomas Tuchel should think a lot of the Portuguese. Problem: The home-grown player still has a contract until Benfica Lisbon 2027. The exit clause it contains is a utopian 120 million euros. Significantly higher than that of Sangaré.

Edited by moore_94

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Imagine if he somehow got a move to Bayern lol

https://www.fussballtransfers.com/a2346775659737410314-schnaeppchen-und-zwei-klauseln-bayerns-sechser-kandidaten

Thomas Tuchel would like a new defensive six at Bayern. Ibrahim Sangaré remains the top candidate - but names of possible alternatives are still making the rounds.

A week ago , FT reported that Ibrahim Sangaré (25) from PSV Eindhoven is a hot candidate at FC Bayern . His confidante Kiki Musampa later confirmed: "There are big clubs that are interested, such as Bayern Munich."

According to FT information, the Bavarians are already talking to Sangaré's representatives about the framework conditions for cooperation. If you come to a common denominator, the 37 million euro exit clause of the midfield edge should be drawn. PSV's hands would be tied.

But there are also alternative plans in Munich in search of a new defensive six. The 'kicker' also mentions Sangaré and also refers to the interest in Aurélien Tchouaméni (23), which Real Madrid is unlikely to give up.

And then the trade journal brings two completely new names into the race: Wilfred Ndidi (26) was one of the better six in the Premier League for a long time, but was relegated with Leicester City last season. The Nigerian's contract only expires in 2024. Is there a bargain here?

And on the other hand, the 'kicker' also brings the name Florentino (23) into play. Bayern coach Thomas Tuchel should think a lot of the Portuguese. Problem: The home-grown player still has a contract until Benfica Lisbon 2027. The exit clause it contains is a utopian 120 million euros. Significantly higher than that of Sangaré.

https://insidefutbol.com/2023/08/17/leicester-city-star-on-radar-of-bundesliga-giants/615915/

According to German magazine Kicker (via Fussball Transfers), Ndidi is still being looked at by Bayern Munich as an option this summer.

Thomas Tuchel wants to sign a defensive midfielder before the end of the window for more balance in his team.

Bayern Munich are looking at several players and are weighing up moves after spending big on signing Harry Kane.

The Leicester star is still on their shortlist as they continue to consider their options in the market.

With only a year left on his contract, Ndidi is also likely to be the cheaper option compared to other targets.

• Haha 1

Would be a good move for him and us. Don't think he has a place in Enzo's system and can't kick a ball right, on Saturday at one point on a counter he just kicked the ball really high into the air while trying to control it? It was pretty funny, wish we could have seen Enzo's reaction.

Edited by lgfualol
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://insidefutbol.com/2023/08/17/leicester-city-star-on-radar-of-bundesliga-giants/615915/

According to German magazine Kicker (via Fussball Transfers), Ndidi is still being looked at by Bayern Munich as an option this summer.

Thomas Tuchel wants to sign a defensive midfielder before the end of the window for more balance in his team.

Bayern Munich are looking at several players and are weighing up moves after spending big on signing Harry Kane.

The Leicester star is still on their shortlist as they continue to consider their options in the market.

With only a year left on his contract, Ndidi is also likely to be the cheaper option compared to other targets.

I mean they did sign Choupo-Moting so they are partial to a bizarre signing from time to time 😂

• Like 1

Not a chance. Firstly because I simply don't think they'd be genuinely interested in him as a player, and secondly if there were any genuine interest, I think the line "Is there a bargain to be had here?" is pretty telling. They'll possibly be interested if he was going to cost a pittance, and given he's going to be used in the squad, we're not giving him away for a price that would be considered a bargain imo.

He wouldn't be the first player who those close to the club he plays for are aware he's declined massively but others assume he's still got what it takes to return to the level he played at for a number of years.

I'm quite shocked he's not been an easy pick up for clubs at £10-15m with a year left on his deal. He was genuinely in the top 10 destroyers in Europe for a few years (admittedly last at that level in 2020/21).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He wouldn't be the first player who those close to the club he plays for are aware he's declined massively but others assume he's still got what it takes to return to the level he played at for a number of years.

I'm quite shocked he's not been an easy pick up for clubs at £10-15m with a year left on his deal. He was genuinely in the top 10 destroyers in Europe for a few years (admittedly last at that level in 2020/21).

He was statistically THE top pure destroyer in Europe for a period about 3-4 years ago, numbers ahead of even Kante. I still don’t understand why United didn’t go for him back then, it was so clear they needed a player exactly like him. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

If some one played a formation that meant he was just breaking up play and and passing sideways, surely he could get his confidence back and deliver. I’m not saying to the levels of Bayern but mid table team playing counter. Despite how everyone has ribbed him this year I thought he still broke up play well playing in number 8 even though it wasn’t really his role. He has been plagued with injuries, I know we are in the championship but it’s the best I have seen him play for a while. Surely someone would see that and take a punt? 

Rodgers ruined him by trying to overcomplicate his game and it looks like Maresca is going even further with it by claiming he's a number 8.

Let him go and do what he does best which is to simply break up attacks and play simple passes to the better players around him.

I'm sure that he's not past it. Just that he needs to go back to basics.

I think it's best he goes, would be very happy for him to get a move to someone like Bayern.

• Like 3

On 12/08/2023 at 07:32, Claudio Fannieri said:

I can see Wilf and Kels signing new contracts, I can also see Wilf having an excellent season and wouldn’t be surprised to see him get into double figures for goals this season. 

It’s early days under Maresca but already there is a missive improvement in Wilfs technique and he looks so much more comfortable on the ball, on Wednesday night be played some lovely 1/2 touch balls. His ability to press and high energy means alongside KDH we have two high 8’s who have the ability to force teams back and win the ball back high up the pitch. 

The addition of Casedei will mean Enzo has the opportunity to rotate and keep his midfielders fresh and manage any injuries or suspensions. 

For me you get 1/2 a like and 1/2 a laugh. There's more chance of Warwick Davis signing for LA Lakers than Iheanacho signing a new contract. This post might not age well.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Rodgers ruined him by trying to overcomplicate his game and it looks like Maresca is going even further with it by claiming he's a number 8.

Is Maresca claiming this?

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Let him go and do what he does best which is to simply break up attacks and play simple passes to the better players around him.

This is exactly what Maresca has him doing, at least from what we've seen so far. It's just that he's breaking up the attacks on the edge of the opposition area instead of on the edge of ours.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

For me you get 1/2 a like and 1/2 a laugh. There's more chance of Warwick Davis signing for LA Lakers than Iheanacho signing a new contract. This post might not age well.

Only my opinion, just like I take it this is yours, if he signs a new contract then great but if he doesn’t and he moves on and we can get a fee before the end of the transfer window to re- invest then I will be equally happy

10 minutes ago, Sparrowhawk said:

Is Maresca claiming this?

This is exactly what Maresca has him doing, at least from what we've seen so far. It's just that he's breaking up the attacks on the edge of the opposition area instead of on the edge of ours.

Maresca has referred to him as an attacking player numerous times.

It's not his position and he looks awful in that role.

He doesn't fit into the current system so needs to go.

• Like 1