Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

9 hours ago, Turtle27 said:

Not sad to see him go but disappointed he decided to join probably our biggest rivals. Says a lot about him as a person 

Weird take given that Wes did the same. 

Also seems like he’s settled in this area, does a part time course at DMU, so if he didn’t want to uproot his family it makes perfect sense. 

• Like 2

A couple of Forest fans putting our negative assessment of his last two seasons for us down to sour grapes.

Should I tell them or enjoy them finding out for themselves? 😂

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

I wouldn't sell anyone who I think has a chance of improving Notts Forest  at any price!

Danny Ward though, i would give them on a free, and offer to pay his wages, so long as they agreed that they would play him every week.

we wouldn’t be that stupid. He’s even worse than our 3rd choice Hennessey.

Ndidi might work for us. If anyone can get him back to where he was it’s Cooper.  I know Iheanacho and Taiwo are big mates; Ndidi might be good friends with them both by the sound of it.

Seems worth a punt 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bilo said:

A couple of Forest fans putting our negative assessment of his last two seasons for us down to sour grapes.

Nah. Make up some sh1t about him being really well suited to their, err, ‘system’. 

15 minutes ago, Bilo said:

To be fair to Wilf over the last 2 years he's had a few injuries that have kept him out of the side and when fully fit Rodgers still picked Soumare over him at times and then he was part of a side that was poor all over the park last season.

Doing what he's best at, he's still one of the best around I'm just not sure where a good old fashioned "destroyer" fits into most systems in the top leagues anymore. Sit him in front of a back 4 in a 4141 and he's excellent and will continue to be so. Ask him to pass the ball more than 10 yards and then you start to come unstuck. Certainly in our current set up, and is most teams that will look to dominate possession, he seems to be a waste of a pick in the 11. 

Opposition teams that like to pass their opponents to death will just pass around him so he only ever really becomes effective against teams that like to try and dictate play through a No10, where he can pick the player up, disrupt runs and nick the ball of a players toe.

It'll be sad to see him go, forgetting the last couple of seasons, we'll have fondish memories of him, but he's just not technically good enough to fit anymore

• Like 1

Would be a great bonus if we can get some good money for him. He won’t be a starter in our team for long anyway with Casadei waiting to take his place. 
Would allow us to buy another good player or two that would be far better suited to us that won’t leave for free next summer. 

• Like 1

Nice bloke. Will reminiscent over his old habit of shooting to the stands, being first in the league in tackles/interceptions, conceding an own goal and then scoring a goal in 1-1 draw against Chelsea. It's a bit strange committing to tactics where we can let go of our experienced DM. Like many other players and the club itself, didn't meet his previously set lofty standards but he has pretty much been a model professional. Good luck to him but not too much since he's going to you know who. I will remember him fondly but will miss his presence in and around the team.

Edited by MickeyMouse
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Excited for him to leave purely so I don’t have to read this shit every time his name comes up… 

Obviously the original poster exaggerated, but Ndidi has failed an age test before so it’s not totally without validation. 

Have always really liked Wilf and during his first 3 or 4 years with us he was one of the top 3 CDMs in the PL. Indeed, he was arguably our most important player in what was a very good side challenging for CL places. But he has dropped off a cliff in the last 2 years with a combination of loss of form, injuries, alleged personal issues, etc -  plus he simply doesn't fit into our system any more. Sad to see him to go, though,  especially to that lot. Another of our players who has ended up with a crap move, having been destined for one of the big clubs a few years back.