Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Well, the report suggests that this isn't yet a done deal. I'm naively hoping it isn't a fait accompli

It only takes a 'no' from Maresca or Dof and forest can go whistle.  

Why do we want to keep a player who doesn’t really fit the way we play, is in his last year of his contract and potentially is interesting a club rumoured to be willing to spaff £15-20m on him. I love Wilf he seems a genuinely great human being but his time with us has come to an end for the best of both parties, when he goes he will leave with my best wishes and no hard feelings, the fact he is going to Forest doesn’t faze me in the slightest, all I am

Interested in is how we can use this sale to help bring in better quality players capable of playing Enzo’s style and pushing us to become stronger and better for what could and should be a very exciting period for our club. 

We need this rebuild and that means saying goodbye to the past and embracing the future. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Strokes said:

If they can return him to the player he was 2-3 years ago, they’ve got a bargain.

He will never be that player again for us, so it’s a great deal.

Good luck to him, he has his flaws but I don’t think he ever downed tools. Will remember his and kelechi’s videos fondly.

I think it's just decline tbh.

Vardy has gone from a Golden Boot winner to someone who barely looks effective coming off the bench at Championship level in the same period.

Plus Ndidi will be useless against teams who keep the ball, which is the bulk of the Prem these days.

If we instantly go up, I don't think he'd get a new contract as he doesn't fit into Enzo's style one iota so we'd lose him for free under any circumstances. 

£15m is a cracking deal for us and it'll be fun to watch him bollocks up Forest. We should christen him Agent Wilf if he does.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I think it's just decline tbh.

Vardy has gone from a Golden Boot winner to someone who barely looks effective coming off the bench at Championship level in the same period.

Plus Ndidi will be useless against teams who keep the ball, which is the bulk of the Prem these days.

If we instantly go up, I don't think he'd get a new contract as he doesn't fit into Enzo's style one iota so we'd lose him for free under any circumstances. 

£15m is a cracking deal for us and it'll be fun to watch him bollocks up Forest. We should christen him Agent Wilf if he does.

Yeah it’s a fair point, the game seems to have evolved beyond needing someone in the middle to solely break up play and let’s be honest he offers little else.

If it helps us find another player Maresca does want, it’s a big win for us.

I’d imagine he is on fairly big wages too?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah it’s a fair point, the game seems to have evolved beyond needing someone in the middle to solely break up play and let’s be honest he offers little else.

If it helps us find another player Maresca does want, it’s a big win for us.

I’d imagine he is on fairly big wages too?

£80k a week apparently. 

We could go out and buy someone like Chair from QPR for £10m and less than half the wage packet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brucey said:

I do wonder if/how this will affect Nacho..

I think Nacho is a good enough professional, to deal with this. Anyway, if it is Forest, Ndidi will still be living in Leicestershire and still be 'away from work' mates with Nacho.

I think his best years are long gone now, seeing him struggle in the more forward role that he is being asked to play, at times, is not a pretty sight. One year left on his contract and the right price for us, then I would be happy to see him move on to new challenges. I would prefer it not to be those tossers  up the M1, but so be it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ForestAreMagic said:

we wouldn’t be that stupid. He’s even worse than our 3rd choice Hennessey.

Ndidi might work for us. If anyone can get him back to where he was it’s Cooper.  I know Iheanacho and Taiwo are big mates; Ndidi might be good friends with them both by the sound of it.

Seems worth a punt 

You'll be very lucky to have ward. He's a number 1 you know, his shirt says so. And a great manager (cough) said so....

Edited by fox_favourite

Not nice to see him go but it’s refreshing to see a gaffer come in and say to tye players you don’t fit our style of play so you can leave if you wish. Nice to have a good clear out. He’s not been the same for about 3 seasons his best days are behind him.

40 minutes ago, Strokes said:

If they can return him to the player he was 2-3 years ago, they’ve got a bargain.

He will never be that player again for us, so it’s a great deal.

Good luck to him, he has his flaws but I don’t think he ever downed tools. Will remember his and kelechi’s videos fondly.

absolutely right. it’s not one where we will be kicking ourselves even if he does do well, partly because it won’t happen for him with us and partly because his contract is up next year anyway. 

If he magically turned back into his old self we’d be loosing him for nothing next year anyway. 

anything over 5m is genuinely good business imo 

• Like 1

If we are selling him for £15,ooo,ooo then I'm very happy, was a great player for us after Kante left but the past two seasons he has been atrocious, getting roughly the same for Castagne, that's some good business right there for two players that are well past their best.

11 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

1. I think he's been excellent for large parts of this season. He's far too physically strong for this level. He'll be sorely missed.

2. Many happy memories of him being an elite level player for us. Him in that red excrement will make me physically sick. 

3. Never, ever do business with Forest. Ever. 

:wes:Come again?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I know we all joke about his 'real' age. But if his birth cert don't lie. He's only bloody 26. So talk of him being over the hill and on the decline is nonsense. Vards is 36. Wilf should be in his prime. He's just lost form and perhaps hunger. I wonder why!??

He got worked out too. Once the top PL found out how to deal with him he had nothing in his back pocket to adapt. Watch the Liverpool game towards the end of last season. The moment he has the ball they swarm around him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

He got worked out too. Once the top PL found out how to deal with him he had nothing in his back pocket to adapt. Watch the Liverpool game towards the end of last season. The moment he has the ball they swarm around him.

But I don't think his head / bodies been right for a while. So whilst his limitations might have been exposed. He's been also playing well within his capabilities i.e. 65%

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Being consistently awful for two years isn't just 'form,' it's decline or what you've cited - being found out.

2 minutes ago, HoChiMinhFOX said:

Almost 200 league appearances and close 250 in all comps. Nothing but respect for Ndidi, sad to see him go and his decline has been a sad sight to see. Wild to think he was being touted at £60m only a couple seasons ago. Times are a-changing rapidly...

He was placed as our most valuable asset, above Mahrez at one point…

Just now, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I pray to god he doesn't regain his old form for that lot

Agh don’t say that…. I’d love him to regain his form for his sake, just not at bloody Forest 

Worst conundrum ever!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

A brilliant player for us during a very successful time for the club.

Love him to bits ,and would rather he went anywhere else, but it sounds like a good deal for us and him

But he has been terrible for years, delighted if he goes to Forest as he weakens them immediately, no where near a prem player now, not seen a worse passer of the ball in the premier league