Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

19 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Regarding loss of form, I believe his partner suffered a miscarriage around the time he was missing games for “personal reasons”. I think this hit him pretty badly mentally. 

Unsurprising really, awful thing for anyone to go through. 

58 minutes ago, Claridge said:

But he has been terrible for years, delighted if he goes to Forest as he weakens them immediately, no where near a prem player now, not seen a worse passer of the ball in the premier league

Not sure it goes back that long - there was a period, i'm sure the season before last, where we never won when he didn't play.

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Haven't Forest got about 6 defensive midfielders already?

Oh, they don't need him, they just haven't bought anyone today so they need to hit their daily quota ;)

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Product of 84 said:

I don't want him to go.

I think playing higher up the pitch means his flaw, passing on the turn, is negated somewhat. Plus there is less pressure on him to get it right every time. I also think we need his physical presence and his skills of retrieving the ball is great when we are pressing high up the pitch.

He is unfortunate in his old role of tidying up and passing sideways or back just doesn't exist anymore. 

I personally think he could have a great confidence growing season with us this year and then be ready for a Prem battle the following. 

At first i thought we should be patient and give him a chance to develop into the role, if he was staying - but realistically, there are far better options at that position, on much less money - as others have pointed out, he's gone next summer regardless, let's use the money to bring in an actual #8.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I know we all joke about his 'real' age. But if his birth cert don't lie. He's only bloody 26. So talk of him being over the hill and on the decline is nonsense. Vards is 36. Wilf should be in his prime. He's just lost form and perhaps hunger. I wonder why!??

well i think it’s because he was never technically a good player, he was all about acceleration and excellent judgement to win the ball. After his injury he lost that acceleration, it happens to a lot of players but that is never coming back and it basically removed the part of his game that made him one of the best at his role. 

Vardy has more to his game than just speed  which is why he can adapt to play at a higher level for longer. 

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

Anyone in/from the academy who can cover that right-sided #8 position if Wilf does leave?

Can Wanya or McAteer play that role, perhaps? Or anyone else that any dedicated viewer of the youth teams has seen who might be able come in and play backup to Casadei and Praet?

Seems there's a lot of business to do in the remaining few days of the window and we may not be able to make all the transfers we want this time, and may have to wait until Jan, especially if deals like this happen really late on.

Praet ?

3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

That’s fair enough. But from my position it’s mad to hold on to someone on inflated wages with one year left when they aren’t going to be first choice. The old Ndidi role doesn’t exist anymore in this team. We don’t even know if he want to do this new role long term, especially as he won’t play that much. 

I get why holding on to key players might be a necessity, and although I’m massively on the fence about Nacho I’m willing to accept we currently have no other viable options. That’s not the case for Ndidi. 

If I could liked that post more than once I would have.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hinckleyfox said:

I find the whole “not to forest” thing a bit immature to be honest. Their money is as good as anybody else’s. This is a player that everyone has said should probably be moved on, he’s not one we’re begrudgingly letting go. So to say “yeah we want you to go, but only to a team of our choosing” is barmy. Wilf has been a fantastic servant, he’s had a rough couple of seasons and by the sounds of it an even rougher couple of years on a personal level, but he has NEVER downed tools, and as far as I’m aware he has never sulked. So if he gets a move that involves not uprooting his family, gets us a half decent fee and a chunky wage off the books then I struggle to see why we should start putting up obstacles because its Forest. 

Good luck to him and I for one don’t wish him to fail, wherever he goes. Anyone that does ought to grow up. 

Agreed, we're selling a player who has one year left on his deal, doesn't fit the new manager's system and has been well off the boil for a couple of years. It's not a 18yo generational talent.

I could name about half a dozen players that I'd be happy to get a good fee for and I don't care where they go only the fee. This isn't Barcelona selling a 21yo Messi to Real Madrid.

To be honest in todays market, 15-20m is not really great business. It will cost us the same to replace him and chances are we will get someone with the same current ability. The difference with Wilf is that we KNOW he can be a £60m midfielder when things fall into place. I'd rather keep him if he is going to be leaving for £15m. He's been far improved this season albeit in a lower level but playing in a position/role that is completely alien to him. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

To be honest in todays market, 15-20m is not really great business. It will cost us the same to replace him and chances are we will get someone with the same current ability. The difference with Wilf is that we KNOW he can be a £60m midfielder when things fall into place. I'd rather keep him if he is going to be leaving for £15m. He's been far improved this season albeit in a lower level but playing in a position/role that is completely alien to him. 

So keep and lose for nothing in the summer is your solution? 

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 1

Playing him in the position he's playing in now is a waste of time, how many goals or assists will he get in an important position zero probably. Get a good fee for him and invest it wisely. It's shame really because in his pomp he was one of the best holding midfielders in the premier league.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Excited for him to leave purely so I don’t have to read this shit every time his name comes up… 

I mean he did get expelled from the youth championships for failing the wrist scans. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I mean he did get expelled from the youth championships for failing the wrist scans. 

I am well aware of the story. 

“he was excluded along with two other players from the competition as a precaution, following an MRI age test that suggested he was just slightly above the threshold.” 

He was excluded as a “precaution” as he and multiple others were found “just slightly” above the MRI threshold. I.e. he was either at or extremely close to the age he claimed but the results were borderline. He is not in his mid 30s or even 40s as people regularly post on here. He is very likely the age on his birth certificate. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1