Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

3 hours ago, Claridge said:

But he has been terrible for years, delighted if he goes to Forest as he weakens them immediately, no where near a prem player now, not seen a worse passer of the ball in the premier league

The thing is that Forest don't want midfielders who are slick on the ball. Cooperball is built on having 20% possession and hitting teams on the counter. Wilf will be expected to break up play and nothing more. 

• Like 1

I see some people compare his regression to Vardy. But it's more like Van Dijk. 

Both were great players but got an injury which took an edge off their athleticism. It's only a small percentage, but in their head they still try to play as they did before. Their athleticism always bailed them out and now they're just slightly late to tackles or situations they never used to be. Then the confidence seems to go as they try to come to terms with it.

For a player with one year left on his contract and no suitable role in the team this seems like a no brainier. Shame it's Forest as he seems like a nice guy and it makes it harder to root for him. When Kante left I never thought we'd get anything close to replacing him but Ndidi really did for a while. The last two years have been painful to watch though. 

Edited by Guesty
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The thing is that Forest don't want midfielders who are slick on the ball. Cooperball is built on having 20% possession and hitting teams on the counter. Wilf will be expected to break up play and nothing more. 

Forest routinely have halves where they have string just 25-50 passes. Worth repeating; in an entire half. As many as we might in 5 or 10 mins. 

Wilf will be a huge asset to them and for that reason alone, it's a no from me. There's more to business than just money.

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Forest routinely have halves where they have string just 25-50 passes. Worth repeating; in an entire half. As many as we might in 5 or 10 mins. 

Wilf will be a huge asset to them and for that reason alone, it's a no from me. There's more to business than just money.

I'd like Forest to stay up purely for selfish reasons.  I love a good East Midlands Derby.

Besides, he'll probably get injured after 3-4 games anyway :D

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

To be honest in todays market, 15-20m is not really great business. It will cost us the same to replace him and chances are we will get someone with the same current ability. The difference with Wilf is that we KNOW he can be a £60m midfielder when things fall into place. I'd rather keep him if he is going to be leaving for £15m. He's been far improved this season albeit in a lower level but playing in a position/role that is completely alien to him. 

We have seen nothing like a £60m player for two years. We could get a player to match his ability in the last couple of years for less than £15m, on lower wages and with hopefully a resale value of at least what we paid for him next summer. 
It’s a no brainier for me, especially with him potentially missing a month through AFCON. 

3 minutes ago, notnow john said:

A discredited test that is no longer used!

But there are replacement tests like the MRI wrist scan that is being  used more and more my football federations in Africa. I don't see a whole lot of reports about players effected by this lining up for the new MRI wrist scan and neither am i reading about decisions being overturned..

Just now, Scotch said:

They DO still use it. A whole bunch of youth players from Cameroon where banned this year using the same test. 

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

They DO still use it. A whole bunch of youth players from Cameroon where banned this year using the same test. 

Different test.

20 minutes ago, notnow john said:

The discredited test that Wilf and his team mates were subjected to were x rays not

MRI scans.

Not it wasn't. It was MRI. MRI scans have been compulsory with the CAF since 2011. The Ndidi incident happened 2 years later. 

7 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I thought the clavicle was also known as the collar bone?

Are you the club doctor?

The Club Doctor has done is ACL and is therefore unavailable for comment.

• Haha 1