Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

We really could have done without Braybrooke and Alves getting crocked.

Both would have seen good game time so far. Hopefully they're back soon.

Literally the worst possible timing for their injuries. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, MPH said:

I think its a great piece of Business for an out of form player on wages  we cant afford who has 1 year left on their contract who players in the championship.. We wont need to directly replace him as he doesn't really suit our style. Even if we do pay 10-15m to replace him, we will be in the championship and his replacement will likely be on half the wages he is on...

A does of reality needed, me thinks.

For all of the above reasons Vardy should be long gone. 
doesn’t suit us, out of form, highest wages at the club. 

What are the chances of replacing wilf with a 15m replacement that is good enough to play in the premier league? 
Wilf was on horrible form for the last 18 months, but he is a hell of a player when he’s on form. 
I’d rather give Maresca time to get form out of him than sell him for £15m. 
If Maresca wants him gone that’s another story. 
If rumours are to be true Wilf would have likely had a wage cut in his contract and I don’t think he was on a huge wage compared to the rest of the squad anyway? 

Either way I respectfully disagree and can fully see him going somewhere else, finding form and becoming a key player for a premier league squad. There’s no reason why he couldn’t do that here unless his relationship with us is just fully poisoned and he needs a fresh environment. 

4 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

doesn’t suit us, out of form, highest wages at the club. 

What are the chances of replacing wilf with a 15m replacement that is good enough to play in the premier league? 
Wilf was on horrible form for the last 18 months, but he is a hell of a player when he’s on form. 
If rumours are to be true Wilf would have likely had a wage cut in his contract and I don’t think he was on a huge wage compared to the rest of the squad anyway? 

Either way I respectfully disagree and can fully see him going somewhere else, finding form and becoming a key player for a premier league squad. There’s no reason why he couldn’t do that here unless his relationship with us is just fully poisoned and he needs a fresh environment. 

He's not going to sign a new contract whilst we are still in this league, so he's likely going to leave in the summer for nothing. So whether he's still good enough for the premier league (debatable) or not, it doesn't matter.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

He has one year left on his deal. His old role doesn’t exist in our team and won’t be the first choice. There is no scenario where we offload Wilf for the sorts of numbers you are thinking. 

It’s exactly that sort of thinking that got us into the mess we had last season. 

I haven’t said anything about a figure that we should be offloading him for. 
If we have to sell him because he doesn’t want to be here and Maresca doesn’t rate him then we have to accept whatever we get offered. 

You’re jumping to conclusions a bit here where you’re assuming I think he should be let go on a free when his deal runs out, or that I think we can get more money for him. 
you’re also assuming he can’t adapt to another role when he’s actually been pretty involved so far in a role that he’s never even come close to playing before. 

In my opinion he needs to improve but he’s actually been quite dynamic in this new role and hasn’t disgraced himself. For £15m I personally believe he’s worth keeping. 
There are plenty of players I’d rather see move on than Wilf if we are going to get that sort of money. 

But if Maresca doesn’t want him, he wants out, won’t sign a new contract or we have a replacement lined up who is guaranteed to be better than sure, it would make sense to get rid. 

Wilf is a player capable of consistently playing in the premier league, for £15m we are highly unlikely to have a replacement with that capability lined up. 

8 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I don't think his relationship has broken down with us, more his particular skill set is not conducive to the style Maresca wants to play. In a team that requires a destroyer sat at the base of a back four, I think he could regain his form and confidence and do a good job as you suggested.

Edited by MGLCFC

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

And why on earth would he do that?

If he’s already said he won’t or he’s rejected us then I would sell him. 

Plenty of unexpected turns in football, how do you know he doesn’t love it here? Out of everyone in the club who should be getting offers left right and centre it’s Iheanacho yet so far he’s barely had a sniff from another club, just rumours. And the most likely destination right now is a relegation club, for a player who has consistently performed for multiple years for us. 

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

I don't think his relationship has broken down with us, more his particular skill set is not conducive to the style Maresca wants to play. In a team that requires a destroyer sat at the base of a back four, I think he could regain his form and confidence and do a good job.

I agree but also I think we are assuming he can’t suit Marescas style, I think given the circumstances that a defensive midfielder is being asked to bomb forward in some strange hybrid box to box midfielder who also drifts into channels near the winger I think he’s done a superb job in that context. 

For the wages we will “save” by getting rid of him, I’d rather just sell Hamza. 

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

If he’s already said he won’t or he’s rejected us then I would sell him. 

Plenty of unexpected turns in football, how do you know he doesn’t love it here? Out of everyone in the club who should be getting offers left right and centre it’s Iheanacho yet so far he’s barely had a sniff from another club, just rumours. And the most likely destination right now is a relegation club, for a player who has consistently performed for multiple years for us. 

Let's be realistic, he can double his money moving. It's unlikely anyone loves it here THAT much. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I don’t think that is likely though do you?

Yeah don’t let him move and then ask him to sign a new deal, probably on a lower amount whilst his agent tells him the clubs are still interested in him and willing to increase terms if the future if there is no fee involved.

Just now, Babylon said:

Let's be realistic, he can double his money moving. It's unlikely anyone loves it here THAT much. 

What are his current wages? Sure he could double them if the right offer comes in, then he can go because that would fall under the criteria that I mentioned above that he would be wanting out for the money. 

But if we are going by the logic of much of this forum, he’s nowhere near good enough for a double in wages so why would anyone offer it? 

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Yeah don’t let him move and then ask him to sign a new deal, probably on a lower amount whilst his agent tells him the clubs are still interested in him and willing to increase terms if the future if there is no fee involved.

Nobody suggested not letting him move on then asking him to sign a deal. 
What is it with this forum of people just not bothering to read replies then strawmanning what someone has said? 

i have clearly stated that if he wants to leave, refuses to sign a new deal or Maresca doesn’t want him then he has to go. 

If however the club have had talks with him and there is an option to extend, or an option to sell, for the sake of the £15m I’d personally want him to extend and try to offload someone like Hamza and offset that money. 
Players like Vardy are a far bigger priority to offload if we are talking about players who don’t suit the style and are on huge wages. 

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

What is it with this forum of people just not bothering to read replies then strawmanning what someone has said? 

i have clearly stated that if he wants to leave, refuses to sign a new deal or Maresca doesn’t want him then he has to go. 

If however the club have had talks with him and there is an option to extend, or an option to sell, for the sake of the £15m I’d personally want him to extend and try to offload someone like Hamza and offset that money. 
Players like Vardy are a far bigger priority to offload if we are talking about players who don’t suit the style and are on huge wages. 

The time is running out, he can talk to clubs in January to sign for free.

So if he hasn’t signed a new contract by now it looks unlikely he will.

Just now, HankMarvin said:

The time is running out, he can talk to clubs in January to sign for free.

So if he hasn’t signed a new contract by now it looks unlikely he will.

Have we offered him one? Would be a very Rudkin thing to do to wait until January. 

If there is a situation where he is stalling or trying to hold out for a better offer then he has to go. 

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Fair post I reckon, I am one who thinks he probably needs to go because he only has a year left and I personally do not feel he has the qualities required to play in a peal Maresca system. However, I recognise only the first of these two points is factual.

22 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

doesn’t suit us, out of form, highest wages at the club

Are you really putting Vardy and  Ndidi in the same boat?  Vardy’s legendary status here is secured. He’s in his mid thirties and his experience to pass on to the younger players is ineasurable. Ndidi is 27 and should be playing like he is in the prime of his career!! Plus Ndidi has sell on value- we could generate some income by selling him that we can reinvest into the team

it is not at all about wether Maresca can get something out of him- he just doesn’t fit our style at all. He is going to get relaxed in the team and then he won’t be playing  and with 1 year left on his contract he will leave for nothing.

why keep someone who won’t play  and let them leave on a free when we can get 15m and reinvest it? 

18 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

What are his current wages? Sure he could double them if the right offer comes in, then he can go because that would fall under the criteria that I mentioned above that he would be wanting out for the money. 

But if we are going by the logic of much of this forum, he’s nowhere near good enough for a double in wages so why would anyone offer it? 

Because they think they can resurrect the player of two years ago. 

Just now, MPH said:

Are you really putting Vardy and  Ndidi in the same boat?  Vardy’s legendary status here is secured. He’s in his mid thirties and his experience to pass on to the younger players is ineasurable. Ndidi is 27 and should be playing like he is in the prime of his career!! Plus Ndidi has sell on value- we could generate some income by selling him that we can reinvest into the team

it is not at all about wether Maresca can get something out of him- he just doesn’t fit our style at all. He is going to get relaxed in the team and then he won’t be playing  and with 1 year left on his contract he will leave for nothing.

why keep someone who won’t play  and let them leave on a free when we can get 15m and reinvest it? 

I’m not comparing the status of the two players. 
I’m comparing the fact Vardy doesn’t suit the system, legs have largely gone and is on the highest wages at the club. 
I love Vardy, legend of the club and I’d give him a statue if it was up to me, but his legendary status means absolutely nothing to me in the context of him taking up a huge wage and IMO not able to contribute to justify those wages. 

Just because he’s a legend of the club I don’t understand why that would logically result in allowing him to financially stifle our opportunity to move forward as a club. 

Regarding the Maresca comment I will agree if Enzo can’t get anything out of him or the only position available doesn’t suit him then he needs to go, I’ve said that multiple times. But so far I think in the context of Ndidi being a fairly rigid defensive midfielder for the last 4 years or whatever it is, for him to be suddenly thrown into a box to box role that requires him to play in the channel between the winger and striker and often finding himself on the edge of the 18 yard line, I think Ndidi has done a great job at adapting to that role. 
Imagine asking Vardy to play as a defensive mid, the position Ndidi is playing is completely alien. Relatively hes been decent imo. 

If he’s not going to play then sell, so far he has played and he’s been alright. Replacing him with a £15m player that can also make the step up to the premier league will be a bigger risk. 
That replacement is going to ask for a decent wage on a 3-4 year contract because of the size of the club in this league. 
We could very easily end up spending £20m on a younger replacement who will be earning £35k a week, who then fails to deliver, or delivers in this league but isn’t good enough for the premier league and we are then having to loan him out for the rest of his contract. 

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because they think they can resurrect the player of two years ago. 

I mean, I get your logic, but at this point your entire argument is based on the assumption he can double his wages, and the assumption the team buying him are happy to double his wages on the basis they can get him back to the £60m midfielder we had before. All speculation.