Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

29 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I mean, I get your logic, but at this point your entire argument is based on the assumption he can double his wages, and the assumption the team buying him are happy to double his wages on the basis they can get him back to the £60m midfielder we had before. All speculation. 

I think you are taking things far too literally. Doesn't matter if it's 20% more or 50% more, the point is a premier league team is going to pay him more than he's paid here. He's been here ages, it's gone stale and he's done all he can do here. Staying makes little sense career wise at this point.

34 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Our third choice right back is now Fulham's first choice, our reject defensive midfielder is off to save Forest and Bournemouth and Burnley are pinning their survival hopes on our striker that can't get a kick. 

What the fvck are we doing in the Championship, man?

Because we kept some muppet in charge too long

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I’m not comparing the status of the two players. 
I’m comparing the fact Vardy doesn’t suit the system, legs have largely gone and is on the highest wages at the club. 
I love Vardy, legend of the club and I’d give him a statue if it was up to me, but his legendary status means absolutely nothing to me in the context of him taking up a huge wage and IMO not able to contribute to justify those wages. 

Just because he’s a legend of the club I don’t understand why that would logically result in allowing him to financially stifle our opportunity to move forward as a club. 

Regarding the Maresca comment I will agree if Enzo can’t get anything out of him or the only position available doesn’t suit him then he needs to go, I’ve said that multiple times. But so far I think in the context of Ndidi being a fairly rigid defensive midfielder for the last 4 years or whatever it is, for him to be suddenly thrown into a box to box role that requires him to play in the channel between the winger and striker and often finding himself on the edge of the 18 yard line, I think Ndidi has done a great job at adapting to that role. 
Imagine asking Vardy to play as a defensive mid, the position Ndidi is playing is completely alien. Relatively hes been decent imo. 

If he’s not going to play then sell, so far he has played and he’s been alright. Replacing him with a £15m player that can also make the step up to the premier league will be a bigger risk. 
That replacement is going to ask for a decent wage on a 3-4 year contract because of the size of the club in this league. 
We could very easily end up spending £20m on a younger replacement who will be earning £35k a week, who then fails to deliver, or delivers in this league but isn’t good enough for the premier league and we are then having to loan him out for the rest of his contract. 

he’s got a year left on his contract and we are not going to Risk  losing him for nothing so he will be gone. He’s only playing beacause we have already lost 2 players who could play in his position  and we are going to be getting a creative midfield in and he will be relegated to the bench.  He’s playing at the moment as we are very limited with our options

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Nobody suggested not letting him move on then asking him to sign a deal. 
What is it with this forum of people just not bothering to read replies then strawmanning what someone has said? 

i have clearly stated that if he wants to leave, refuses to sign a new deal or Maresca doesn’t want him then he has to go. 

If however the club have had talks with him and there is an option to extend, or an option to sell, for the sake of the £15m I’d personally want him to extend and try to offload someone like Hamza and offset that money. 
Players like Vardy are a far bigger priority to offload if we are talking about players who don’t suit the style and are on huge wages. 

It's likely to be one of those 3 reasons that you've stated.

£15m for a player with 1 year left isn't bad business. He doesn't fit the current system either and whilst not embarrassing himself in the more advanced role, we can use the money to fund somebody more suited.

Ndidi has gone from a player who we all thought was destined for greater things, to somebody who could potentially sign for Forest. That's how far he's fallen. He's also not even guaranteed a first team place with us, a Championship club. Taking the money would make perfect sense on that basis alone.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Our third choice right back is now Fulham's first choice, our reject defensive midfielder is off to save Forest and Bournemouth and Burnley are pinning their survival hopes on our striker that can't get a kick. 

What the fvck are we doing in the Championship, man?

Goes to show you've got to freshen things up every year to keep the hunger in the squad, whether that be new manager or new players

2 hours ago, MPH said:

he’s got a year left on his contract and we are not going to Risk  losing him for nothing so he will be gone. He’s only playing beacause we have already lost 2 players who could play in his position  and we are going to be getting a creative midfield in and he will be relegated to the bench.  He’s playing at the moment as we are very limited with our options

You could easily be right. The current position Ndidi is filling definitely doesn’t play to his strengths. But I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how he has adapted. 
I assumed Casadei was going to come in to fill that role since he considers himself a BTB midfielder 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Honestly Ndidi under Klopp I think gets his form back.

I know I’m banging the drum a bit here but I genuinely think he just needs a fresh approach and he becomes a very very good premier league player again. 

Go look at the highlights of when we played Man City and he was at fault for all their goals, what fresh approach are you thinking? 

Trying to look at this dispassionately. 

N’didi was very good for us for a while and we always looked better when he played. He helped the post Kante evolution and many of us thought he was destined for bigger and better things. 

He’s now had a year or two of pretty poor form. I can’t remember his last great game for us. I actually thought that as we tried to evolve ourselves into a higher end PL club his limitations became more and more exposed. He’s great (or was) at breaking up play and ideal for the role of a CDM sitting in front of the back four, but he just doesn’t progress the ball well enough to be a great CDM. His passing is poor and he doesn’t carry the ball particularly well and his shooting is more likely to trouble a low flying aircraft than the the goal.

If he went to somewhere like Forest he’d be ideal if their aspiration is to try and stay in the league. I’m not sure how Forest play, but he’d be good in a low possession side trying to compete with sides technically better in possession.

The trouble will come if Forest stay up and try and evolve, like we did, to compete mid table and for the European places. His limitations will be cruelly exposed as they were with us. That’s all assuming, of course, he shows his best form. His worst form is a player we’d be very grateful to have off our books