Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

21 minutes ago, majaco said:

Not signing Lookman was, imo, one of the fine margins that got us relegated.   On a similar level to Faes sometimes not being able to read the flight of the ball; or  not recognising the importance of starting KDH because of his winning mentality.

Of course not as big as starting Ward for so long.  Or sticking with Rodgers.

Don’t mean to take this thread off topic, but my reaction/ranting this time last year was stemmed from my memories of lookmans contributions to us getting vital points, the same for kasper where he’d make a series of amazing saves to keep us in the game. I knew without these players or replacements as good we’d drop many points as imo our league position prior had flattered us, and then seeing how strong the clubs were that had come up was a real worry, then we sell fofana so late in window just seemed like an act of self harm. I still find it difficult to believe that we couldn’t have done things differently. Refusing kaspers move till January if we were informed late on, same with fofana, both couldn’t afford to go mardy as a World Cup was approaching, and could we not have worked something out to pay the £12m for lookman? Easy in hindsight I suppose but I could see where we were heading this time last year and I don’t think last season would have been nowhere near as bad if the club had taken care of business, Rodger’s contributed but imo it all stemmed from our 2022 summer transfer window and taking the eye off the ball with players contracts.

51 minutes ago, majaco said:

Not signing Lookman was, imo, one of the fine margins that got us relegated.   On a similar level to Faes sometimes not being able to read the flight of the ball; or  not recognising the importance of starting KDH because of his winning mentality.

Scoring wasn't the issue, defending was, so unless he was going to turn himself into Roberto Carlos it really wasn't.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Scoring wasn't the issue, defending was, so unless he was going to turn himself into Roberto Carlos it really wasn't.

You state that so factually.  Glad that you contributed superior knowledge.

We often played with an unbalanced side.   

4 minutes ago, majaco said:

You state that so factually.  Glad that you contributed superior knowledge.

We often played with an unbalanced side.   

So buying a player who best position was left wing, a position which we had covered with Barnes was going to make us more balanced lol.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

Thanks again, Chris Sutton.  Once again your superior knowledge is appreciated.   

Lookman could play on the right.  If you cecall, Maddison often ended up there.   This did not help the  balance of the team.   

1 hour ago, majaco said:

Thanks again, Chris Sutton.  Once again your superior knowledge is appreciated.   

Lookman could play on the right.  If you cecall, Maddison often ended up there.   This did not help the  balance of the team.   

Is that the link to why Lookman is being mentioned in the Ndidi thread? Right player wrong coach, if Enzo can turn Ndidi into a player who can cross the ball from the deadball line, I'm sure he could of done something with Lookman.

Edited by Beachyboy

3 hours ago, majaco said:

...Lookman was pretty average at best on the right, he was never going to oust Barnes on our left-hand side!!!

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Pretty sure he’s not close to leaving if he’s playing 48 hours before the window closes. 

If anything, that performance might increase his chances. I don't think he'll be here come saturday

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...Lookman was pretty average at best on the right, he was never going to oust Barnes on our left-hand side!!!

Lookman was playing better than Barnes on the left, but he also was affective enough to come on and change the game when we were struggling. Lookmans record after that season tells you he was a decent player we should have signed. 13 Goals and 6 assists in Serie A

27 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Pretty sure he’s not close to leaving if he’s playing 48 hours before the window closes. 

I know it's not unheard of to play players who are close to a deal, but to play N'didi in a game like Tranmere with 48 hours of the window left? 

That would be a very bizarre decision indeed. I'd say a strong chance he will stay now. 

• Like 1