Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I know it's not unheard of to play players who are close to a deal, but to play N'didi in a game like Tranmere with 48 hours of the window left? 

That would be a very bizarre decision indeed. I'd say a strong chance he will stay now. 

Suggests an offer hasn’t been received yet, at the start of the game. But, I guarantee they’ll be one in the inbox now. We’ll have to see if it’s acceptable or not. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I know it's not unheard of to play players who are close to a deal, but to play N'didi in a game like Tranmere with 48 hours of the window left? 

That would be a very bizarre decision indeed. I'd say a strong chance he will stay now. 

Ward Prowse was playing for Southampton the other week after he’d agreed to join West Ham. Managers decision at the end of the day. Hopefully the goal and assist will have stuck an extra few million on the fee

Edited by South Shire Fox

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Ward Prowse was playing for Southampton the other week after he’d agreed to join West Ham. Managers decision at the end of the day. Hopefully the goal and assist will have stuck an extra few million on the fee

Was that in a cup game against a lower league team?  You might be right, but 48 hours to go and Tranmere? Seems weird to me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Maresca doesn't want to sell him I suspect.

Also a big risk for N'didi and his agent to take if they thought he was close to signing a 3-4 year contract with a Premier League club on big wages. 

I've been wrong before, but I think we may hold on to him unless a silly offer comes in, similar to Nacho. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

Lookman was playing better than Barnes on the left, but he also was affective enough to come on and change the game when we were struggling. Lookmans record after that season tells you he was a decent player we should have signed. 13 Goals and 6 assists in Serie A

...he played predominantly as a second striker at Atalanta!!!

22 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

What a difference 6 games makes! From a clapped out 36 year old in terminal decline to a softly 26 year old driving force in the midfield.

keep 

Yep, almost like he's playing for a new 4 year contract in The Premier League.........

Sell and continue the rebuild.

• Like 1

Just now, Dirkster the Fox said:

Yep, almost like he's playing for a new 4 year contract in The Premier League.........

Sell and continue the rebuild.

This last 2 years he's had dustbin lid feet and the control of passing most 3 year old's display at our local leisure center mini dribblers.

Just because he's woken up for a few games against semi-average teams doesn't mean he's back........

Sell whilst his stock is as high as it will get.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he played predominantly as a second striker at Atalanta!!!

if you're trying to argue Lookman wasn't worth signing for £12m you aren't doing a good job of it. Lookman was and is a top talent and we should have signed him, and it's my belief we should have said no to Kasper and Fofana until we could be sure we had adequate cover, with that i think we'd still be premier league

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The club would be stupid to let yet more players run their contracts down and leave for nothing. If Ndidi and Iheanacho are willing to sign new deals on the same terms but with promotion bonuses then fine, if not then we have to consider bids.

Tielemens, Soyuncu yes I agree it was stupid. But to sell players who are much better than this level and should get us promoted at the first time of asking would be worth keeping IMO, assuming we achieve a relatively straight forward promotion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Tielemens, Soyuncu yes I agree it was stupid. But to sell players who are much better than this level and should get us promoted at the first time of asking would be worth keeping IMO, assuming we achieve a relatively straight forward promotion.

Has Ndidi shown that in our league matches?

11 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

if you're trying to argue Lookman wasn't worth signing for £12m you aren't doing a good job of it. Lookman was and is a top talent and we should have signed him, and it's my belief we should have said no to Kasper and Fofana until we could be sure we had adequate cover, with that i think we'd still be premier league

...I have to disagree with this, at the time spending the money on Lookman required a major gamble or another player going out!!!

He was ineffective on the right and excelled on the left, but Barnes held that position and was one of the first names on the team sheet. I do not believe anything could have stopped Kasper from leaving and no doubt Khun Top probably sanctioned it due to his service to the club. Selling Fofana when we did was the right thing to do, the fact that we brought in Vestergaard having been scouted by Rodgers was a poor decision on our part.

Rodgers being the manager was the reason why we found ourselves fighting relegation, Khun Top ultimately had the power to halt the slide and go in another direction and for me, the person to blame for us going down..

I seem to remember Fofana being played in ‘ needless’ cup games before we signed him. They later admitted it was all kidology and they were trying to rinse us for every penny they could.

it’s very possible we have received an offer for Ndidi and we have deemed it not good enough. Playing him last night is one way  of showing that..

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MPH said:

I seem to remember Fofana being played in ‘ needless’ cup games before we signed him. They later admitted it was all kidology and they were trying to rinse us for every penny they could.

it’s very possible we have received an offer for Ndidi and we have deemed it not good enough. Playing him last night is one way  of showing that..

Galatassary likely did the same thing with Yunus.  

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I have to disagree with this, at the time spending the money on Lookman required a major gamble or another player going out!!!

He was ineffective on the right and excelled on the left, but Barnes held that position and was one of the first names on the team sheet. I do not believe anything could have stopped Kasper from leaving and no doubt Khun Top probably sanctioned it due to his service to the club. Selling Fofana when we did was the right thing to do, the fact that we brought in Vestergaard having been scouted by Rodgers was a poor decision on our part.

Rodgers being the manager was the reason why we found ourselves fighting relegation, Khun Top ultimately had the power to halt the slide and go in another direction and for me, the person to blame for us going down..

Vestegaard joined the season before Fofana left. You probably missed it because he did sweet FA. Vestegaard, Soumare, Daka and Bertrand what a summer of business that was.

Faes replaced Fofana.