Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

We may be in a position of having to sell someone we’d rather not for purely financial reasons, especially with so many contracts running out next summer.  If it’s between Wilf and Iheanacho I’d sell Wilf first every time, unless we had a replacement of similar or better quality lined up for Kel.  

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

Wilf has his limitations, but at least you know his strengths and weaknesses and what he can bring to the team. Unlike Soumare where it’s difficult to identify what he actually does or what sort of midfielder he’s supposed to be 

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Based upon those a that were considering making a move for him, would have seen his assist, general performance and goal yesterday, and pushed the button, to put in a bid

So Bayern were dithering but then heard that he’d played well against a team near the bottom of League Two and thought, “Let’s get this done boys!”…? 

Problem we have is that Forest will see this as an ‘easy’ deal to do. They will have a lot of irons in the fire in the next few days, knowing that if they can’t get their primary targets (Sangare etc), they can just chuck £15m at us, and we’d crumble

Edited by FoxinNotts

2 hours ago, fkas said:

Vestegaard joined the season before Fofana left. You probably missed it because he did sweet FA. Vestegaard, Soumare, Daka and Bertrand what a summer of business that was.

Faes replaced Fofana. 

...true, I was obviously thinking about when Fofana was injured and we hurriedly brought in Vestergaard!!!

• Like 1

It definitely felt like a goodbye last night, his reaction when the fans sang we hate Nottingham, when he scored and also in particular the reaction of his team maté’s especially Vardy suggested to me this was Wilf’s farewell game. 

Wouldn’t be shocked in the slightest if like Castagne, Wilf is announced as leaving to sign for another club by tomorrow. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I hope he stays.  Yes, last season he had some stinkers, but is a valuable team member.  Looking at him last night, he didnt appear to want away, scored and assisted too.  If he has to go in order to balance the books please not those clowns up the road, anyone but.

He has made a far bigger impact in the refresh than i ever thought he would do. He's really surprised me. He's had a far bigger impact than Kels, and its clear from the mangers comments he is offering something in the dressing room too.

Its also been lovely to see him playing with a smile on his face and getting goals and assists. Its not all been top notch, and you are never to cover up his short comings. But its clear to me that Ndidi has really relished the change.

Still expecting him to be off, largely because of the contract situation. Although, following Enzo's comments I wouldn't be surprised if there was a push to try and defer it to the January window. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

It definitely felt like a goodbye last night, his reaction when the fans sang we hate Nottingham, when he scored and also in particular the reaction of his team maté’s especially Vardy suggested to me this was Wilf’s farewell game. 

Wouldn’t be shocked in the slightest if like Castagne, Wilf is announced as leaving to sign for another club by tomorrow. 

Yea I wasn’t sure what to make of all that. It could be as you say, or could be nothing at all. 

20 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Or it could just be that he knows he's been linked to Forest, I'm sure they read twitter, Facebook etc too and that's why he thought it was a bit funny, and his reaction to scoring was based purely on the fact that he blatantly didn't mean to and Vardys subsequent reaction was the same. :dunno:

Not saying he won't go, but if we're reading between the lines then I'd suggest the comments made by the manager means that he doesn't want him to and Wilfs performances far from suggest that he's a player that's unhappy and is pushing for a move 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Or it could just be that he knows he's been linked to Forest, I'm sure they read twitter, Facebook etc too and that's why he thought it was a bit funny, and his reaction to scoring was based purely on the fact that he blatantly didn't mean to and Vardys subsequent reaction was the same. :dunno:

Not saying he won't go, but if we're reading between the lines then I'd suggest the comments made by the manager means that he doesn't want him to and Wilfs performances far from suggest that he's a player that's unhappy and is pushing for a move 

Agree totally, this interaction confirms he didn't mean it...

78DF3E3C-2476-442B-98F9-92551CC5D83C.jpeg

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
1m
EXCL: Nottingham Forest presented an opening proposal to sign Wilfred Ndidi from Leicester 🚨🔴🌳 #NFFC

Personal terms agreed as revealed two days ago, Ndidi wants the move and clubs now starting negotiations.

• Sad 2