Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

6 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

So no bids has been received!!!

Those emojis are code for it's happening I believe.

It's good business to sell a high value player with one year left on his contract, if we can use that money to get someone in like James McAtee that's excellent long term business.

• Like 1

It may be a 30%-40% pay cut but at the end of that he is a free agent and can demand a massive signing on fee and higher wages because there is no transfer fee involved.

i can see why we would shift him on but if Wilf (or Nacho) take a longer view a wage cut for a year may actually work out to their advantage come next season.

Just now, Reg Vardy said:

He will be missed.......and will be hard to get better.......so many other Premier league clubs think our players are good for them.....yet we still criticize our own players.......

Absolutely and rightly so............................ They were bloody awful last season.............................

Just now, Hales said:

I just don't see Wilf going?  He looks the happiest he has in a long time and seems to be enjoying his football again.  I think he probably wanted out but is one that changed his mind? We will see I guess! 

Would be surprised if the rumours are that far off, so I expect him to go if Forest hit our number, probably £12-15m with add-ons

Just now, Hales said:

I just don't see Wilf going?  He looks the happiest he has in a long time and seems to be enjoying his football again.  I think he probably wanted out but is one that changed his mind? We will see I guess! 

He might be happy because he thinks he's off! And Kelechi, if people are right and he looks a bit sorry for himself, the opposite. Who knows?

Just now, STUHILL said:

Absolutely and rightly so............................ They were bloody awful last season.............................

Exactly this. You look at our old team sheet and those names sound amazing - thats a top 6 (Prem) challenging side. But they were (almost to a man) awful for us last season, and much of season before. Tielemans for Winks, for example, appears a massive downgrade, but Mr T was utter gash for us for ages !

Feels strange to argue that we are a better side for losing all those "greats".

Anyway - so long Wilf, good luck !

I'm happy with him going and not because I don't like Wilf, I do. Regardless of his poor form the last couple of seasons. 

More so that despite his application this season, I just don't see him being suited to our system and replacing him with someone who is, not only makes sense in that regard but if it's someone who also offers depth in that LW position like Nanasi or Chair then I feel we've massively improved our squad over-all.

There is also his contract situation. 

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

I don't think Enzo is that dumb. He's been the best backed manager in the division, with us even shipping out January signings who don't fit his system. 

This notion that he wouldn't be happy with the transfer dealings is mad. 

I think i was being overly flippant. I don't think Enzo is going to be an idiot and do something silly. Just i think Ndidi is someone he clearly has depended on a bit and might be a transfer that he's rather not happen.  I now he's not dumb and will be fine about it afterwards.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I don't think Enzo is that dumb. He's been the best backed manager in the division, with us even shipping out January signings who don't fit his system. 

This notion that he wouldn't be happy with the transfer dealings is mad. 

The negative types in the fan base need something to gravitate towards. 

We are winning and have made some decent transfers, so they must find some angle to get those negative juices flowing..... 

• Like 2