Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

4 players up for sale from the Club..

Fans always overvalue their players but unless they are desperate interested clubs are not likely to overpay. There has been some shocking mistakes made in recent years , Sancho, Maguire , Fofana ,Pepe but I can see clubs being much more careful now. I think we may have to accept offers below expectations if we need to sell.

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wouldn't pay much attention to that article anyway. Praet and Vestergaard for example will be being pushed to look for new clubs. There'll be others too, I don't see us letting Iheanacho go for free next summer.

These are the ones we'll probably get the most money for. Get these out then focus on others.

7 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

the real question is, why isnt Ward on there

all 4 i understand tbf, Ndidi since hes coming into the last year of his deal

Because the article is totally fabricated arse. We don't have to put players up for sale, especially the likes of Barnes.

I'd imagine the club would much rather sell Vestergaard, Praet, etc

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ramaiya2 said:

Why is Ward not for sale?

Presumably the 'list' is of the players we believe we'll actually be able to get money for. If it included all players we'd like to move on, I'm sure Ward and Vestergaard, among others, would be on it too.

However, like others, I'm sceptical about the article. I can see Maresca wanting to keep Barnes, for example.

Edited by ClaphamFox

Just now, Babylon said:

Because the article is totally fabricated arse. We don't have to put players up for sale, especially the likes of Barnes.

I'd images the club would much rather sell Vestergaard, Praet, etc

Honestly, I don't understand how people take these things as gospel.

The amount of people who get stuck in amazes me. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

the real question is, why isnt Ward on there

all 4 i understand tbf, Ndidi since hes coming into the last year of his deal

Because we could pay for someone to take him off our hands and they'd still be no takers, he's that shit

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wouldn't pay much attention to that article anyway. Praet and Vestergaard for example will be being pushed to look for new clubs. There'll be others too, I don't see us letting Iheanacho go for free next summer.

This, the article is nonsense, I can't really think of a single player in the squad that the club wouldn't at least entertain offers for (other than maybe the Jan arrivals)

Edited by Les-TA-Jon

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'd images the club would much rather sell Vestergaard, Praet, etc

I agree the article is bull and that we will want to sell the names you list.

But, players for sale doesn’t just mean unwanted players. I saw Peterborough had put a few up including top score Clarke-Harris and it was to do with contracts running down. So teams will put players for sale who they probably would keep.

I’m not sure on this system mentality wise though so whatever the reason (contract running down, relegation etc), surely it can’t help with valuations as far as being the selling club is concerned!

8 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I agree the article is bull and that we will want to sell the names you list.

But, players for sale doesn’t just mean unwanted players. I saw Peterborough had put a few up including top score Clarke-Harris and it was to do with contracts running down. So teams will put players for sale who they probably would keep.

I’m not sure on this system mentality wise though so whatever the reason (contract running down, relegation etc), surely it can’t help with valuations as far as being the selling club is concerned!

I know, I'm sure every single player if up for sale to a point. The notion they've been added to some fictional "for sale" list is just garbage. 

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I know, I'm sure every single player if up for sale to a point. The notion they've been added to some fictional "for sale" list is just garbage. 

Yeah! Plus agents and clubs will be aware of everything now. If not for that I’d wonder if it was to prompt a bidding war maybe (thinking Barnes).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

You honestly think he will sign a new contact after the way he's been treated here? 

It will depend on Maresca's powers of persuasion (assuming, of course, Maresca wants to keep him). It's possible that some players who wanted to leave might be open to staying if they feel things are going to be different from now on...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

You honestly think he will sign a new contact after the way he's been treated here? 

I hope if he holds any grievances, it’s with Rodger’s and not the club. I’d like to think he knows many of us fans rate him.

4 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I hope if he holds any grievances, it’s with Rodger’s and not the club. I’d like to think he knows many of us fans rate him.

Yes, I hope with a new manager and coaching staff he will be happy to see how it goes, I’m sure he will be our number one choice upfront. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

Castagne worth more than the quotes there and want him cheaper!! 

Only to us. To others he's a half decent mostly back up player, nothing more,  and I tend to agree with them.

We're in a buyer's market and he's not anyone who another club would lose sleep over not getting.