Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

4 players up for sale from the Club..

Just now, Haywood_6 said:

No chance we get 50 million for Maddison when he's in the last year of his contract. I bet he goes for about 30 million sadly.

You honestly think the club will sell for half the price they are asking for? What message does that send as a club moving forward? That would be negotiation suicide. 

At the bare minimum I think we get £45m for Maddison, people are forgetting the additional value homegrown players add to a players value.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I hear you, but isn`t the logic that meant Youri amongst other left for free? Obviously not the promotion aspect, but the striving element, as people will be screaming next year if he leaves for free.   :dunno:

Definitely the case with Youri. There’s a few reasons, in my mind at least, that this is a bit of a different scenario;

- We will be bringing in other funds of serious note to mean it is more financially viable to keep Nacho.

- Nacho seems like the kind to give his all until his last game whereas Youri was shocking (by his previously set standards) and seemed to be coasting. If Youri had had a great season and bowed out on a high by dragging us through, we may not point out the failure to bring in a few for him.

- Nacho may have been clear he will want to stay and there could be an understanding that he would extend should we go up so it’s a risk and reward. Whereas Youri seemed very clear for a couple of years that he would not be.

7 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

The difference is this time we need to sell him.

'We' definitely dont 'need' to sell him at all- he wants to leave - it will be better for everyone if he leaves and we get the right money- not a chance we let him go on the cheap- where is this narrative that we need to sell him coming from - nonsense

2 hours ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

There is no ****ing way Madders goes for less than 45-50

couldnt agree more- dropping a division doesnt massively make a difference with the maddison situation- he was always leaving this summer - if he has more than 1yr left it would be 70m - because its 1yr it will be 50m

3 hours ago, Marmite said:

Ward should be treated like an old washing machine you no longer want. He should be put at the entrance of Seagrave and just hope that someone comes along and takes him! 

Uncanny you should say that... 

A week or so ago I passed Seagrave and there was a big, industrial type washing machine dumped outside!!!.. 

I emailed and asked why as it was an eyesore!! 

The club investigated and the lady in charge of washing the players kit explained what had happened... 

Basically, the old machine broke down after a couple of years and the problem was put down to coping with the washing of Soyuncus' extra large shorts and undershorts!! 

She's now confident that washing machines will live longer with Cags gone. 

• Haha 3

Lots of optimism in this thread for how much we are going to get for players. With how skint we were before relegation and how widely known it was we are in an even worse position now.

We won't be able to dictate the fees we would normally like and will be relying on bidding wars. We need the money and we need the wages off the books theres no two ways about this and we are going to be exploited. 

We have / had a big wage bill but with the out of contract players, the likely sells (Maddison / Barnes / Castagne), and the wage reduction post relegation - it’ll be considerably better.

More to do but I don’t think we are quite at a fire-sale yet.  Rudkin et al need to hold their nerves during negotiations and hold out for decent money,

Get the side playing to anywhere near their potential and we will have a good season.   Albrighton, KDH, Vardy, Soultar, Iverson, Hamza,  Justin, Thomas

We will have a few from Preat, Soumane, Daka, Nacho, Ricardo, Faes also

Add in some Man City Starlets to the mix also

Couple of things with this..

1) The wage bill - Vardy is taking home circa 140k a week at 36, and if you listen to certain voices he's "finished". In which case, wouldn't it make more sense (and it breaks my heart typing this) to try and get him off the wage bill and keep Harvey Barnes and Seniorman Kel at the club for the upcoming season? You lose a prospective fee for Barnes but realistically, he's likely to be more crucial to a promotion push than JV week in, week out?

2) Hamza and potential.. at 61k a week he has never demonstrated what he has done to deserve that money in a Leicester shirt. Earning it as a home grown backup option for a side with ambitions of participating in European competition is one this. Earning it in the Championship as not even a guaranteed starter (we sign someone far superior in the window IMO) is quite another. And unfortunately, we aren't a side harbouring European ambitions anymore. SELL.

5 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Couple of things with this..

1) The wage bill - Vardy is taking home circa 140k a week at 36, and if you listen to certain voices he's "finished". In which case, wouldn't it make more sense (and it breaks my heart typing this) to try and get him off the wage bill and keep Harvey Barnes and Seniorman Kel at the club for the upcoming season? You lose a prospective fee for Barnes but realistically, he's likely to be more crucial to a promotion push than JV week in, week out?

2) Hamza and potential.. at 61k a week he has never demonstrated what he has done to deserve that money in a Leicester shirt. Earning it as a home grown backup option for a side with ambitions of participating in European competition is one this. Earning it in the Championship as not even a guaranteed starter (we sign someone far superior in the window IMO) is quite another. And unfortunately, we aren't a side harbouring European ambitions anymore. SELL.

Due to relegation contract clauses many,  if not all won't be earning what they previously did. Part of the reason for the exodus by some perhaps?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Due to relegation contract clauses many,  if not all won't be earning what they previously did. Part of the reason for the exodus by some perhaps?

I'd love to have the confidence in the heirarchy to say that the club is run in such an efficient manner that we had relegation clauses in contracts of high earners. Unfortunately, if the manner we slept-walked into relegation whilst categorically denying it was even a possibilty is anything to go by.... we didn't. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jv1 said:

'We' definitely dont 'need' to sell him at all- he wants to leave - it will be better for everyone if he leaves and we get the right money- not a chance we let him go on the cheap- where is this narrative that we need to sell him coming from - nonsense

I see you have your fingers in your ears on the finances then?

100% we need to sell him, even if top wanted to put in 70 million he couldnt due to FFP.