Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Fox99

Goal music and clap banners

Goal music and clap banners  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of goal music?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you in favour of clap banners?

• Yes
    • No
    • Prefer to see collection points

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Fox99

It's clear to me and a sizeable amount of the fanbase that the current goal music and use of clap banners has negatively impacted the reputation of LCFC. This is why I recently sent an email to the club with detailed feedback on these two subjects, in which I urged them to reconsider their current matchday experience offering. I also suggested a survey on goal music, which is an effective way of gauging the overall opinion of the fans and is something other clubs have done in the past.

Like many others, I'm of the opinion there needs to be a reset off the pitch especially as we head into next season in the league below. It goes without saying that for the best chance of any changes being made on home match days, there has to be enough people lobbying the club who strongly oppose goal music and clappers like myself. As I understand it, there hasn't been a definite decision on the latter going into the next campaign but the close season provides an ideal time for the club to make adjustments.

Just now, bmt said:

Against both but if they insist on clappers they should have collect your own, if only because of the ridiculous amount of waste.

Which by the way is the argument against them they may actually pay attention to. Someone should write a sting article on the environmental impact of clappers.

6 minutes ago, Tomek said:

Just another example of how far out of touch the club has drifted from the fans. Can only hope someone at the club stubbles across these sort of poles. 

More likely to have a large 'pole' stuck up their arris than stubble across these polls.

In recent times I've become a lot more in favour of whatever winds up the most people at the same time, however in this case I've always really hated goal music (except for maybe the Radio Leicester siren I grew up with, I can cope with that) and am not a fan of the clappers.

Time for the club to stop them both IMO.

15 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I don’t really care. It’s just people getting annoyed because of how they think it makes us look. It’s just music at the end of the day.

The fact it makes us look idiotic is an afterthought. It is thoroughly painful to endure, and that's the primary motivation for wanting it stopped.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I don’t really care. It’s just people getting annoyed because of how they think it makes us look. It’s just music at the end of the day.

So you won't mind if I pipe Benny Hill into your room every time you and Mrs Dusty get it on, then? It's just music.

• Haha 2

I ****ing HATE the music. its beyond cringe and i bet it was some millenial with a top knot that came up with this idea behind the scenes in the comms department. stop drowning out the roar of the fanssss!!!!! Next theyl prob think of AI clappers

k thanks

Edited by Simoken

Get rid of goal music. 

If we're gonna have anything (apart from natural raw fan celebrations), have the announcer say the first name and the crowd say the surname of the goalscorer. Happens naturally sometimes with Vardy but that's about it. 

Hear it all the time in European grounds. Would be much better than music. 

As for clappers, meh. I don't use them and would rather they give them out to those that actually want them at specific points in the ground. 

• Like 1

Nothing saps the energy from a goal celebration like the looming threat of VAR or goal music, or both as a duo. (Oddly I didn't feel as much this way when we had "Fire", maybe it just seemed less opposed to the flow of a goal celebration). 

Also while I was "meh" regarding other fans having clappers so long as they're kept out of the singing section, the amount they drowned out the singing towards the tail end of this season really started to grate on me.

So yeah I'd get rid of both tomorrow now.

• Like 1