Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Fox99

Goal music and clap banners

Goal music and clap banners  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of goal music?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you in favour of clap banners?

• Yes
    • No
    • Prefer to see collection points

This poll is closed to new votes

23 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

Nah you got it twisted I'm 40 and I love the goal music clappers and Filbert.

It's the young uns who have watched green street etc, they want to sound like traditionalists by slagging off the family friendly stuff I reckon. 

Well I admit that is also possible 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Guest Fox99

Building up to the Cov game this week, wanted to bump this thread on the off-chance those at the club want to gauge feelings/views on these two topics. I realise FT cannot fully represent the overall fanbase (the club could have of course consulted fans on these two subject points) and I don't feel particularly optimistic we will see changes to the matchday experience this season. Ultimately for myself and others it's about the club restoring a credible reputation, in line with the reset which has been required on the pitch.

5 hours ago, FoxnNorfolk said:

Maybe go really Old Skool and we can have a bit of Showaddywaddy. ?

Oh I can just see it now, Winksy hammers home from 25 yards, and the pandemonium is ended within 3 seconds with an ear splitting screech of 'hey rock n roll' or 'three steps to heaven'

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Patrick said:

Don't get your hopes up, all the cringe nonsense will be here to stay, fan cam and t-shirt canons included. 

It's all a very American way of doing it.

Not my personal taste but I don't get all the hate of the clappers and music. Yes it might be cringe and cheesy but at the end of the day it does help what little atmosphere is generated inside the stadium. (Puts tin hat on and awaits replies)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

No one who runs the club should forget the West Ham fans singing the goal music every time one of their players skied it over the bar. It should have been the moment that broke their resolve when it came to the goal music. They literally took the pi55 out of it for most the match, which made us playing it again when Faes scored even weirder.  

You are bothered about fans whose club have a massive bubble machine at home games, couldn’t care less what other fans think personally

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blue army 1988 said:

It's all a very American way of doing it.

Not my personal taste but I don't get all the hate of the clappers and music. Yes it might be cringe and cheesy but at the end of the day it does help what little atmosphere is generated inside the stadium. (Puts tin hat on and awaits replies)

There's been a lot of cringe down the years, I suppose some fans saw the foxy lady cheerleaders as that, I think what gets to fans about the goal music is the fact that it's a way of controlling what most fans goto Football matches for, being able to celebrate a goal in whatever way you want. 

West Ham fans gave it what it deserved.

Edited by SK3Blue
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Claridge said:

You are bothered about fans whose club have a massive bubble machine at home games, couldn’t care less what other fans think personally

I’m referring to the fact it happened. Couldn’t give a monkeys about your feelings towards their fans. I hope they keep their stupid bubble machine. It’s lovely seeing bubbles around the stadium when goals are disallowed through var. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

No one who runs the club should forget the West Ham fans singing the goal music every time one of their players skied it over the bar. It should have been the moment that broke their resolve when it came to the goal music. They literally took the pi55 out of it for most the match, which made us playing it again when Faes scored even weirder.  

Although I agree, West ham can hardly take the p1ss when they have a bubble machine can they?