Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Fox99

Goal music and clap banners

Goal music and clap banners  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of goal music?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you in favour of clap banners?

• Yes
    • No
    • Prefer to see collection points

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Ohh no really did it make us feel bad?  Jesus wept. Why are westhams fans actions interesting to us? This right here is what embarrassing, if a west ham fan saw this, FT wanting to stop goal music because 500 westham fans said something. IT SHOULD BE THE OTHER WAY ROUND, (shouting) play it twice next time we score against them.

Also we won't play them for ages so no chance they'll get to embarrass you anytime soon with their devastating "cockney wit"

I'm not embarrassed about West ham fans taking the pish. 

You hear so often that VAR kills the excitement of a goal celebration and whilst that's true, goal music finally slam dunks it. To see the ball crash into the opponents net is the greatest moment in football, isn't it? And then we get that appalling racket. 

It's like sex. You can be living in that climatic moment and then you get ear piercing monkey dancing music played at you. It's a passion killer and the game is all about passion. It ruins it. 

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I'm not embarrassed about West ham fans taking the pish. 

It's not just West Ham is it though? From my observations it's every bloody visiting team and rightly so. It this was Watford or Fulham, you'd never hear the last of it on here. The first time I noticed the derision - and actually, the hilarity - was in the Europa home tie against Napoli in which the 300 or so that made the trip started sarcastically mimicking it. When Osimhen scored his second to equalise, they started parodying it. 

It's shit, very, very shit and even more embarrassing as that rubbish Vichai's dream dross. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

It's like sex. You can be living in that climatic moment and then you get ear piercing monkey dancing music played at you. 

I’d have a word with your wife about this tbh

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Ohh no really did it make us feel bad?  Jesus wept. Why are westhams fans actions interesting to us? This right here is what embarrassing, if a west ham fan saw this, FT wanting to stop goal music because 500 westham fans said something. IT SHOULD BE THE OTHER WAY ROUND, (shouting) play it twice next time we score against them.

Also we won't play them for ages so no chance they'll get to embarrass you anytime soon with their devastating "cockney wit"

What you on about? It’s embarrassing and shit anyway. You asked a question which was answered 

1 hour ago, Heskey2011 said:

Doesn't matter who it is who's taking the piss, it's about our dignity as a fanbase.

We're all proud of our club but the people who run it just want to reduce us to performing seals who dance when they tell us and clap with what they tell us to clap with - even when we're being relegated. Frankly, it's fvcking disgusting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Only took them 4 years after saying to us they were going to be collection only. People only used these because they were there, they'll be forgotten about pretty quickly if people actually have to make the effort to go collect them.

Exactly. For some reason they have been portrayed as a traditional piece of our existence. There was no clamour before they arrived in 2015 and nobody near me last season before April said their matchday experience has worsened without them.

Fvck knows where to even start with this. Just clap man. 

2 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

Clappers are useful when you're holding a tea or other drink, you can hit your leg with the clapper quite hard and generate more noise than with one hand onto the thigh, you can do this at the same time as vaping, have you thought of that? 

I'm not opposed to using both my hands to clap, even on a cold nigh ill go skin on skin no gloves, no problem, but not everyone/thing deserves both hands.

I'd always clap vardy with both hands clapper between my knees 100%

But like for clapping off someone who's been a bit sh1t, I don't want to put my drink down to use both hands for clapping like some chump, I just give the shin, lower leg a few taps with the old clappo, easy. 

That's how I do it, and i like it.  

• Like 1

My 9 year olds likes the goal music and clappers.

I’m more traditional and I can live without it.

Neither really offend me though.

I could see what they club were / are doing to entice a younger generation. 

It’s a bit like asking West Ham why they still use a bloody bubble machine I suppose. 

7 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

Such a shocking take.

What is so difficult to understand about the idea that giving opposition fans an open goal to take the p*ss out of us is a bad thing?

If nothing else it points to the popular belief held within football that the thing in question is objectively sh!t. Supporting the argument that it is. And no it wasn't just West Ham. Objectively I couldn't give a flying fvck what any individual West Ham fan thinks or collectively for that matter, but that very much isn't the point. 

Let's put it another way to see if I can make this make sense for you. If you shared a popular belief that something another team did was tinpot, and that team stopped doing that thing, would you;

A) Be pleased, you took the micky and they listened to you
B) Be disappointed, they regrettably took the right decision and you can no longer mock them

Obviously B), which of itself is evidence enough that the correct course of action is to, where possible, not come across like an embarrassing club/business that doesn't listen to its industry or its own fans/customers. Please do give me the business case for being wilfully cringeworthy.

You just appear vexed because you've realised that you're the only person on the forum that enjoys his little dance along to some music in the moment we score a goal. How can you possibly enjoy it to such an extent that you vigorously defend it? You make no sense, because it doesn't. Because you're on the wind up, obviously.

Edited by Nod.E

I know winning always helps, but hearing 30,000+ voices celebrating and cheering the side on is so much better than goal music and clap banners.

The crowd needed to find its voice again after many years of artificial background noise, today proved just that. I mean, they couldn't help but still have the full-time music but it's a start.

• Like 1

Not sure if there is certain regulations that the club must adhere to under the Premier League, but it just felt more like being back at a football match rather than some franchise manufactured show. This could be that the club has taken advice on board, but it felt so much better than having the premier league forced on your face.

• Like 3