Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Fox99

Goal music and clap banners

Goal music and clap banners  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of goal music?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you in favour of clap banners?

• Yes
    • No
    • Prefer to see collection points

This poll is closed to new votes

Puck this pusay footing, they both need to be binned, absolutely embarrassing for a working class city  The club have santized the **** out of us. Need to March down their and tell em where to shove them clappers

ps Switch the family stand and the Kop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Goal music is subjective, whatever the song it’s good sign the team has scored! the club has a decent balance with the pre match ..Kasabian songs, Post horn gallop and When your smiling etc.. the goal music is what it is.

Banners .. if it gets people to participate as opposed to doing nothing then ok.. there is nothing stopping anyone singing or clapping. 

2 minutes ago, Pinfox said:

Goal music is subjective, whatever the song it’s good sign the team has scored! the club has a decent balance with the pre match ..Kasabian songs, Post horn gallop and When your smiling etc.. the goal music is what it is.

Banners .. if it gets people to participate as opposed to doing nothing then ok.. there is nothing stopping anyone singing or clapping. 

Bizarre, you need the music as a pointer to indicate we've scored?

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Much bigger things to worry about in life 

Obvious, but it doesn't mean you can't have strong opinions on the not so big things in life. 

I'm astounded the club still continue with the goal music. It's embarrassing, 3rd rate, and juvenile. If the penny didn't  drop during the West Ham match then it never will. 

Do the club even bother to get a consensus on what we think about these things?

I remember Union FS saying they got shut down by the club when they suggested no one wants the goal music. They said something like it's had a positive response?

Kasabian was fine and was mainly in the Championship when quite a few teams had some form of goal music. It went for obvious reasons but it's shocking that we thought the current shit show would be okay. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bmt said:

Which by the way is the argument against them they may actually pay attention to. Someone should write a sting article on the environmental impact of clappers.

You're talking about the club that went with NFT ticketing to save paper waste, then brought back 30,000 bits of cardboard per match in a futile attempt to help with atmosphere, rather than invest in a winning football team, which helps even more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I remember Union FS saying they got shut down by the club when they suggested no one wants the goal music. They said something like it's had a positive response?

Kasabian was fine and was mainly in the Championship when quite a few teams had some form of goal music. It went for obvious reasons but it's shocking that we thought the current shit show would be okay. 

I believe the clubs response is something like that yes. They see people engaging with it. 

• Sad 1

West Ham fans taking the p1ss was one thing, we'll have a lot more p1sstaking next season, Blues, Cov, Sheffield Weds, Millwall. 

I still can't get my head around why anyone would want to celebrate a goal with the same dirge blaring out each time. I personally find it difficult as I've often had people around me doing this stupid dance or arm wave to the music, I actually sit down because I feel out of place. Totally kills it for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

The problem is, the majority of fans do like it and have no problem with it. But if we were to take away clappers and goal music and then win a game, those same fans are not going to be writing to the club demanding it comes back. 

I just don’t get the stubbornness or desire to be different to every other club. Clappers served a purpose, now let’s move on. Goal music, I’m almost certain will continue. I find it really embarrassing as a fan I have to say. 

9 hours ago, bmt said:

Which by the way is the argument against them they may actually pay attention to. Someone should write a sting article on the environmental impact of clappers.

You'd imagine (or at least hope....!) that they're made out of recycled material in the first place - but maybe not.....

4 hours ago, bovril said:

The goal music is clearly unpopular. There has to be a way to get the club to sit up and notice.

Start enthusiastically breaking seats to the beat and claim we just love it so much that we can't help it

5 minutes ago, Sudjambon said:

The goal music just saps the atmosphere every time a goal is scored. Just another indication of how we lost our way and ended up where we are now. 

For all the stuff about it being embarrassing, this is actually the real core issue with it. It instantly stunts any momentum in the crowd and is therefore a disadvantage on the pitch too because the players don't benefit from that sustained boost in atmosphere. In short, it's probably ended up actually costing us the odd goal over the years.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

For all the stuff about it being embarrassing, this is actually the real core issue with it. It instantly stunts any momentum in the crowd and is therefore a disadvantage on the pitch too because the players don't benefit from that sustained boost in atmosphere. In short, it's probably ended up actually costing us the odd goal over the years.

Club don’t care. They see 5 year olds dancing and therefore it must stay