Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Fox99

Goal music and clap banners

Goal music and clap banners  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of goal music?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you in favour of clap banners?

• Yes
    • No
    • Prefer to see collection points

This poll is closed to new votes

Goal music, clappers and the American style fan cam/t-shirt canon nonsense is absolute cringe, but it isn't going anywhere as long as KP are here, they have clearly decided to exclusively cater the matchday experience towards families with young kids with a totally artificial atmosphere and have tried to cut down on all forms of authentic support. Telling us to sit down over the tannoy when we were getting passionate during that massive Everton game sums it up.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Patrick said:

Goal music, clappers and the American style fan cam/t-shirt canon nonsense is absolute cringe, but it isn't going anywhere as long as KP are here, they have clearly decided to exclusively cater the matchday experience towards families with young kids with a totally artificial atmosphere and have tried to cut down on all forms of authentic support. Telling us to sit down over the tannoy when we were getting passionate during that massive Everton game sums it up.

Thing is it’s completely misplaced. 

If they want to cash in, you have to target the people who have the money in their pocket. If you disenchanted them, it works against you.

There’s a reason films aimed at kids started to make subtle nods more towards adults. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Waste of time.

Club doesn't listen to fans and too many people will clap and sing to whatever they play. 

A few moaning they don't like it won't change anything. 

21 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Much bigger things to worry about in life 

You could apply to anything that’s annoying.

I’ve just moved away from L1 and one of the reasons was that drum does my ****ing head in. 

It’s not the end of the world, but there are several things about matchdays that are so irritating, games are infinitely less enjoyable now. 

• Like 1

Now I like Goal Music... and I like clappers.

But which one is better?

There's only one way to find out...

fight-only-one-way-to-find-out.gif

See you after the summer break! (when nothing will have changed because the club don't have a clue)

Go on, Clap banner! :chant:

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Have you sent it to the Foxes Trust as well? :rolleyes:

Where are we with the foxes trust?  I thought some wanted to make it more representative?

How many members does foxes talk have?  We could form a fan group and then sit down and bicker with each other in front of club representatives

On 20/06/2023 at 10:14, BenTheFox said:

I would also bin off the montage before the game. I really don't want us to become what we accused Forest and Leeds of being for all those years. 

Absolutely right, this sums up the general attitude within the club. Looking backwards and not working hard enough now and toward the future. This is where it all went wrong and will continue to do so as long as those in charge think there is some magic dust sprinkled over LCFC. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 19/06/2023 at 13:16, AlexFT said:

It's clear to me and a sizeable amount of the fanbase that the current goal music and use of clap banners has negatively impacted the reputation of LCFC. This is why I recently sent an email to the club with detailed feedback on these two subjects, in which I urged them to reconsider their current matchday experience offering. I also suggested a survey on goal music, which is an effective way of gauging the overall opinion of the fans and is something other clubs have done in the past.

Like many others, I'm of the opinion there needs to be a reset off the pitch especially as we head into next season in the league below. It goes without saying that for the best chance of any changes being made on home match days, there has to be enough people lobbying the club who strongly oppose goal music and clappers like myself. As I understand it, there hasn't been a definite decision on the latter going into the next campaign but the close season provides an ideal time for the club to make adjustments.

Where's the evidence for negative impact towards our reputation??? Reputation to f'ing who?  

There's how many members online, (checked) 500ish right now; @12:00 on a Saturday. Only 260 people since Monday care enough to vote, for or against.

Who's actually lobbying the club over clappers and goal music? Really now when we've so much to do, imagine the "to do" list before season starts. Try and imagine a meeting on Monday where the agenda is set and at the end is...."300 people on foxes talk voted about clappers and most voted against them but the vast majority (couple thousand) didn't vote"

Whoever put that on the agenda would be criticised for wasting time for bringing up something so trivial.  

I'm not calling all your opinions trivial, I'm sure it really annoys some of us, I'm just pointing out most people don't care and from the clubs perspective until there is actual appetite for change we probably shouldn't assume that the other 29k people not voting, who do attend games, agree with the 200 FT members who voted to scrap goal music and clappers.

• Like 2

I've emailed the club. West Ham fans jumping up and down to our goal music as we were being relegated unfortunately  sums us up both on and off the pitch. It'd be funny if it wasn't so painful.

It's unlikely the clowns will listen but the more that go against this absolute b******t nonsense, the better chance we've got.

COME ON!

2 minutes ago, Frost said:

I've emailed the club. West Ham fans jumping up and down to our goal music as we were being relegated unfortunately  sums us up both on and off the pitch. It'd be funny if it wasn't so painful.

It's unlikely the clowns will listen but the more that go against this absolute b******t nonsense, the better chance we've got.

COME ON!

The West Ham fans really have you rattled

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Death by Football said:

I genuinely can’t believe we pay Filbert nearly forty grand a year for one afternoon a week and a couple of community visits. 

Yeah likewise. Football community work is criminally underpaid and usually sadly undervalued. I would be shocked if we are paying that team those sorts of wages.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Haha 1

On 24/06/2023 at 12:15, Heskey2011 said:

Where's the evidence for negative impact towards our reputation??? Reputation to f'ing who?  

There's how many members online, (checked) 500ish right now; @12:00 on a Saturday. Only 260 people since Monday care enough to vote, for or against.

Who's actually lobbying the club over clappers and goal music? Really now when we've so much to do, imagine the "to do" list before season starts. Try and imagine a meeting on Monday where the agenda is set and at the end is...."300 people on foxes talk voted about clappers and most voted against them but the vast majority (couple thousand) didn't vote"

Whoever put that on the agenda would be criticised for wasting time for bringing up something so trivial.  

I'm not calling all your opinions trivial, I'm sure it really annoys some of us, I'm just pointing out most people don't care and from the clubs perspective until there is actual appetite for change we probably shouldn't assume that the other 29k people not voting, who do attend games, agree with the 200 FT members who voted to scrap goal music and clappers.

I like to think that my friends , family and associated supporters  don't 

Give a shit about goal music or clappers. 

It has no real  bearing on the team or running if the club.

Let's get a decent manager in place with good squad and get back to the premier  league and let the clappers clap till their   hearts  content!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

There’s a very long list of things wrong with the club currently - I didn’t necessarily have moaning about how much Filbert Fox is on there though 😂😂

Its amazing that mascots are even 'a thing' in the UK, its amazing we waste money on this no-one cares, no kid goes to watch the football to see a mascot.

Now if our mascot had skills like this he would earn his money.

• Haha 1

On 19/06/2023 at 18:59, Wymsey said:

My Mother uses the clappers to get her dog to come back to her when the latter has run off in the fields..

I'm guessing it's because he hates them too and wants to destroy it?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

This is the FT equivalent of culture wars. Old gits over a certain age things it’s all mad, kids love it.

Nah you got it twisted I'm 40 and I love the goal music clappers and Filbert.

It's the young uns who have watched green street etc, they want to sound like traditionalists by slagging off the family friendly stuff I reckon. 

• Like 1