Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Fox99

Goal music and clap banners

Goal music and clap banners  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of goal music?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you in favour of clap banners?

• Yes
    • No
    • Prefer to see collection points

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah likewise. Football community work is criminally underpaid and usually sadly undervalued. I would be shocked if we are paying that team those sorts of wages.

We're not.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We're not.

Yep, we’re not. 

The blokes son trains in the same team as my lad. He’s defo not on nearly 40 bags. 

• Like 2

On 20/06/2023 at 10:14, BenTheFox said:

I hate both of these things but fan cam and t-shirts cannons are even worse in my opinion. I really hope they stop that now we're in the championship. I would also bin off the montage before the game. I really don't want us to become what we accused Forest and Leeds of being for all those years. 

I said it at least two years ago now. The montage is well put together, and fine, but it’s the clapping from all the ground that is embarrassing.

Forest/Leeds/most clubs with a screen play their history and success but their fans don’t clap to it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I always thought it was the newest employee in the club shop who had to grudgingly dress up as filbert while the rest of the staff took the piss, reminiscing about all the farts they let loose in the suit when they had to do it.  All for free. lol 

Though it reminds me of the offensive (podcast) when the chairman mistakenly gave their mascot a 40k a week contract lol 

55 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Nah you got it twisted I'm 40 and I love the goal music clappers and Filbert.

It's the young uns who have watched green street etc, they want to sound like traditionalists by slagging off the family friendly stuff I reckon. 

Wait, you think people are anti-clapper because they've watched a two-decade-old film about Frodo Baggins slapping a Millwall fan? lol

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Haha 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
23 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yep, we’re not. 

The blokes son trains in the same team as my lad. He’s defo not on nearly 40 bags. 

And if we did considering the work they do in the community I wouldn't mind. A competition of under paying people who do work in the community isn't really for me.

There’s an easy fix to all of this.

Bin the goal music - if you must have it, go for a Kasabian song.

Give the clappers to seats in the family stand and at collection points around the stadium, bar the kop.

Oh and stop the Filbert hate.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

And if we did considering the work they do in the community I wouldn't mind. A competition of under paying people who do work in the community isn't really for me.

Exactly my thoughts - one of the most misplaced arguments in criticism I’ve seen aimed at the club this summer. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

Nah you got it twisted I'm 40 and I love the goal music clappers and Filbert.

It's the young uns who have watched green street etc, they want to sound like traditionalists by slagging off the family friendly stuff I reckon. 

I'm a 31 year old who couldn't disassociate with green street more if I tried.

It's just sh*t.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

You don’t have to care about what other fans think to know that goal music and clappers are pathetic.

Equally I am amazed that other clubs can create something for families not involving clappers and goal music yet not alienate another section of their support 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

other clubs

Arsenal fans were fuming after they got clappers for their game against MU earlier this year. Why can’t we have that sort of reaction to them?

We honestly have the most relaxed, quite fanbase and it annoys me.

• Like 2

I would go one step further and ban the use of mobile phones during a game. The amount of phones that get pulled out when a corner happens is just pathetic. 

I wish more people would live in the moment, then you would actually get some noise when we score a goal instead of a bunch of half arsed cheers whilst protecting their phones in hand, all to have a video on their phones which will never get watched and is lost in the storage of the device.

If you are that bothered about a video im sure there will be a better highlight on Youtube anyway

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

A Kasabian song would be just as bad. The whole point is that goal music is truly awful whatever it is. It really does grind on my nerves and spoil the spontaneous crowd reaction to a goal. It's amateur, pathetic and very embarrassing. BTW, I'm 64 and haven't seen Green Street. Is it any good? 

Agree that no goal music is the ideal, but disagree that any song would be as bad as the next. What we currently have is worst case scenario. Completely at odds tempo-wise in the context of a goal having just been scored. 

Funnily enough, our current goal music song came on at a wedding I was at on Friday and it didn't irritate me at all. 

It's not necessarily that it's an annoying song in its own right, it's just irritatingly used out of context. 

The Bob the Builder song doesn't annoy me on the rare occasion I hear it, but I reckon it'd soon grate if we started using it as our goal music.

I know some people didn't like Fire either, but there was never this level of dislike for it. The chorus felt appropriate for the elation felt after a goal. It was euphoric and fast-paced, not to mention relevant to the City. It also sort of faded out for crowd noise to take over, so it felt like celebrations could continue after the music and we could build an atmosphere following a goal. 

I'll be so, so pleased if we bin it. Enzo, have a word.

Why are people so obsessed with the goal music and clappers, use them if you want, dance to the music if you want. If you don't don't. 

The clappers allow people who don't want to join in with the chanting a way to be part of the atmosphere. 

As we found out earlier this season taking them away dosent encourage more people to join in with the chanting it just makes them do nothing at all and I don't see how that is preferable. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Why are people so obsessed with the goal music and clappers, use them if you want, dance to the music if you want. If you don't don't. 

The clappers allow people who don't want to join in with the chanting a way to be part of the atmosphere. 

As we found out earlier this season taking them away dosent encourage more people to join in with the chanting it just makes them do nothing at all and I don't see how that is preferable. 

Because clappers drown out any signing. It just sounds like plastic noise. Which in turn is really embarrassing 

• Like 2

Clappers just sound like a heavy downpour and stop anything decent actually catching on. I just think when you watch the odd game, and go to the odd away ground you can occasionally hear a song catch on that sounds genuinely impressive. That is eliminated at our ground by the existence of clappers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Because clappers drown out any signing. It just sounds like plastic noise. Which in turn is really embarrassing. 

They don't though most of our best atmospheres of recent have been when we have had the clappers. 

Also I don't get the it's embarrassing argument enjoy yourself create an atmosphere in which people are enjoying themselves and it will be loud. 

F*** what fans of other teams say you think they are suddenly going to be more respectful / laugh less because we don't have clappers of course they won't they will just pick on something else

1 hour ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

They don't though most of our best atmospheres of recent have been when we have had the clappers. 

Also I don't get the it's embarrassing argument enjoy yourself create an atmosphere in which people are enjoying themselves and it will be loud. 

F*** what fans of other teams say you think they are suddenly going to be more respectful / laugh less because we don't have clappers of course they won't they will just pick on something else

I want us to eventually have a reputation that the king power is genuinely a really tough place to go. Whenever we go Leeds or villa or whoever, we know their crowd will be difficult for our players. I want that type of atmosphere. Not this generic, soft plastic noice crap and I think I speak for a lot of fans when I say this. 

yes I do think that fans will take the piss regardless but why do we have to be different? No other clubs needs these bastard things, we don’t either. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

If your neighbours were partying til 5am with loud music, would "just don't dance to it if you don't like it" be a justified response to your complaint? lol

36 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I want us to eventually have a reputation that the king power is genuinely a really tough place to go. Whenever we go Leeds or villa or whoever, we know their crowd will be difficult for our players. I want that type of atmosphere. Not this generic, soft plastic noice crap and I think I speak for a lot of fans when I say this. 

yes I do think that fans will take the piss regardless but why do we have to be different? No other clubs needs these bastard things, we don’t either. 

In that case you need a drum that leads the rounds in chants at least until you have the base of people that know the chants otherwise it's just a disorganised mess. 

But people seem to be against that as well. The clappers are just a mass drum that everyone can get involved in. 

I agree it would be better for it to come organically but when it dosent you can't just remove one of the tools that help it and expect it to improve without putting mesures in place to replace them. 

E.g. The singing section. I have nothing against the singing section and think in principle it's a good idea, however the stadium is quite big and often even where I sit in J3 it's hard to hear and coordinate songs with at the same time so you get two different sections singing rwo different songs and they both die out. 

If you have a loud drum with someone confident enough to lead and direct the chants in the crowd it could get the whole stadium singing the same song at the same time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Agree that no goal music is the ideal, but disagree that any song would be as bad as the next. What we currently have is worst case scenario. Completely at odds tempo-wise in the context of a goal having just been scored. 

Funnily enough, our current goal music song came on at a wedding I was at on Friday and it didn't irritate me at all. 

It's not necessarily that it's an annoying song in its own right, it's just irritatingly used out of context. 

The Bob the Builder song doesn't annoy me on the rare occasion I hear it, but I reckon it'd soon grate if we started using it as our goal music.

I know some people didn't like Fire either, but there was never this level of dislike for it. The chorus felt appropriate for the elation felt after a goal. It was euphoric and fast-paced, not to mention relevant to the City. It also sort of faded out for crowd noise to take over, so it felt like celebrations could continue after the music and we could build an atmosphere following a goal. 

I'll be so, so pleased if we bin it. Enzo, have a word.

Fire is not appropriate and never will be.