Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Fox99

Goal music and clap banners

Goal music and clap banners  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of goal music?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you in favour of clap banners?

• Yes
    • No
    • Prefer to see collection points

This poll is closed to new votes

If clappers bring noise then what is the issue here?  If I recall rightly it was the introduction of clappers that coincided with our miracle escape in 2014/15. We won the Prem with clappers …. And I’m told by my  boss that Arsenal introduced them at the Emirates last season - their best in years. We instead drop the clappers and end up with a library and get relegated !  The atmosphere improved late in the season when they were brought back. The evidence goes one way as far as I can see 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Time to bust this myth. Goal music is effectively crowd control that stifles the natural lift and desire to stand, jump, chant and carry on the general good feeling we all get when our team score. Instead, people sit back down and shut up the moment the music stops.

As for clappers, they drown out any attempt to get songs going for more than a few seconds. They're both atmosphere killers.

I personally don't agree with that. The atmosphere after they stopped the clappers was the worst I've seen/heard in a long time.

I know the performances didn't help either but there was more atmosphere when we got relegated to league one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Swiss Fox said:

If clappers bring noise then what is the issue here?  If I recall rightly it was the introduction of clappers that coincided with our miracle escape in 2014/15. We won the Prem with clappers …. And I’m told by my  boss that Arsenal introduced them at the Emirates last season - their best in years. We instead drop the clappers and end up with a library and get relegated !  The atmosphere improved late in the season when they were brought back. The evidence goes one way as far as I can see 

They were brought in for the great escape but should have been binned after the title win. 

You can fart at Arsenal and everyone would hear it, the place is like a morgue. 

Edited by SK3Blue
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, blue army 1988 said:

I personally don't agree with that. The atmosphere after they stopped the clappers was the worst I've seen/heard in a long time.

I know the performances didn't help either but there was more atmosphere when we got relegated to league one.

There were no clappers when we went down to League One so I'm glad you agree that the atmosphere is worse with them.

• Sad 1

Need s some bright spark to pen a chant ridiculing it once the goal music stops. Not in an aggressive way, just a humorous piss take. Similar to "Who ate  all the pies" or "What the f*****g hell was that", just to show that not everyone loves the moronic nonsense. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Need s some bright spark to pen a chant ridiculing it once the goal music stops. Not in an aggressive way, just a humorous piss take. Similar to "Who ate  all the pies" or "What the f*****g hell was that", just to show that not everyone loves the moronic nonsense. 

Already done

IMG_3284.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Swiss Fox said:

It sounds like rain on a conservatory, not a football match. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Swiss Fox said:

Because it’s plastic annoying noise that absolutely no one can like. It drowns out any chanting and makes us look tinpot as shit! 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Swiss Fox said:

If clappers bring noise then what is the issue here?

They're shit.

If I recall rightly it was the introduction of clappers that coincided with our miracle escape in 2014/15. We won the Prem with clappers[/Swiss Fox]

Correlation is not causation.

I’m told by my  boss that Arsenal introduced them at the Emirates last season - their best in years.[/Swiss Fox]

Well, if we're playing like this, global warming has reached its worst levels since clubs adopted clappers.

We instead drop the clappers and end up with a library and get relegated ![/Swiss Fox]

Because these are the only options on the table?

The atmosphere improved late in the season when they were brought back.[/Swiss Fox]

Ooh, here we go again. Well it was that or the Chinese spy balloons for sure.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, blue army 1988 said:

Really wasn’t 

• Like 1

I've sent an email/letter to the club to ask about the environmental credentials of clappers. If I get a response, I will follow up with an open letter suggesting reducing their provision to fans. 

Will post any updates

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, bmt said:

I've sent an email/letter to the club to ask about the environmental credentials of clappers. If I get a response, I will follow up with an open letter suggesting reducing their provision to fans. 

Will post any updates

Good on you but they aint arsed. Their order for them has gone in.