Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Fox99

Goal music and clap banners

Goal music and clap banners  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of goal music?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you in favour of clap banners?

• Yes
    • No
    • Prefer to see collection points

This poll is closed to new votes

I know it's subjective and some people will have no issue with goal music while hating clappers, but the numbers in the poll show that most people hate goal music. Clappers is more divisive and is probably why there's more debate on that filling this thread.

Personally I'd get rid of the clappers if given the choice, but they don't really bother me.

Can we focus on the thing that the vast majority of people hate, though? Maybe a separate thread? Any creative ideas for finding a way to make the club take notice? 'My little lad's ear drum burst because of that music' sort of an idea. I don't know.

There's 1% of me that hopes they've canned it after the West Ham embarrassment, but 99% of me thinks it's just another opportunity for the club to demonstrate how detached they still are from the reality of everything that goes on inside that stadium.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

I know it's subjective and some people will have no issue with goal music while hating clappers, but the numbers in the poll show that most people hate goal music. Clappers is more divisive and is probably why there's more debate on that filling this thread.

Personally I'd get rid of the clappers if given the choice, but they don't really bother me.

Can we focus on the thing that the vast majority of people hate, though? Maybe a separate thread? Any creative ideas for finding a way to make the club take notice? 'My little lad's ear drum burst because of that music' sort of an idea. I don't know.

There's 1% of me that hopes they've canned it after the West Ham embarrassment, but 99% of me thinks it's just another opportunity for the club to demonstrate how detached they still are from the reality of everything that goes on inside that stadium.

I can almost guarantee you that the club will double down on goal music because they genuinely think canning it is a reason people might stop coming now the football's shit.

I never notice the goal music, so I don't really have an opinion. 

Clappers also don't bother me much, it's a nice memento to take home from the game

I wouldn't be bothered if they got rid of them and they do seem like a waste, I hope they are made from recycled material. 

Now VAR, VAR is the absolute worst for killing enjoyment of the game. Every goal scored is tainted with the possibility of it being ruled out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Anyone know who actually makes the final decision on clappers/goal music? 

I’ve asked this many times and not seen an answer.

It actually baffles me that we got rid of goal music - all be it under tragic circumstances and they found a way to bring it back post pandemic with a song that is 10 times worse. 

Watching highlights of our goals really highlights how bad it is. No other PL club had goal music.

• Like 2

I absolutely detest the goal music, you have to consciously stop your self from becoming one of the many trained seals clapping along with the shit, clappers wise the racket they make is irritating and doesn`t resemble real applause but as the Captain says they are a decent souvenir of games, being a sad old git that takes them home I quite like them, have every single one (bar one) anyone got the one from last seasons Liverpool game available ? :-)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Clappers also don't bother me much, it's a nice memento to take home from the game

I wouldn't be bothered if they got rid of them and they do seem like a waste, I hope they are made from recycled material. 

Now VAR, VAR is the absolute worst for killing enjoyment of the game. Every goal scored is tainted with the possibility of it being ruled out.

You’ve never noticed it? lol surely you’re joking? You can’t get away from it in the ground and it’s noticeable on every highlights on TV. 

44 minutes ago, Captain... said:

No VAR in the Championship is there?

Anyone that says we need the clappers for atmosphere needs a reality check.

The reason people like the clappers is because they can’t be arsed to listen and learn the chant so instead will just follow the rhythm of the beat and subsequently drown out the chant. 

Plus they just rip apart and get all over your clothes which does my head in lol 

6 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Anyone that says we need the clappers for atmosphere needs a reality check.

The reason people like the clappers is because they can’t be arsed to listen and learn the chant so instead will just follow the rhythm of the beat and subsequently drown out the chant. 

Plus they just rip apart and get all over your clothes which does my head in lol 

Badly too. Chants go out of time so quickly because of the noise they make.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Really hope no goal music. Optional clappers aren’t ideal but better than them on all seats.

I'm at the point where I just hope the song has changed, its almost unbearable now but they're not going to remove it completely. I bet the discussion hasn't even been had though.