Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Roberto Vitiello - new Assistant Manager?

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Maybe we can point a gun to Maddison’s head, put new five-year deal in front of him and tell him either his brains or his signature will go on the contract…

I expect you to sign Mr Maddison...

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, StanSP said:

If it means it's one step closer to Sadler and Stowell being shown out the door, I'm all for it. 

Oh and obviously hope he does well regardless! 

Don't mind Stowell but will never forget Sadler for that week, Villa & Bournemouth, Me and my lad could have got points, that would have kept us up!!!  That was the week, where it could have been rescued along with beating Everton instead of missing from 12 yds.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Molson Canadian said:

Gary Payne is the 1st team executive chef.  Been with the club just over 25 years now. 

Gary Payne - 1st team executive chef - Leicester City Football Club |  LinkedIn

The power of google.

The club parted company with him in that role when they moved to Seagrave. He stayed on as an assistant in the kit department I believe

He took another U turn and returned to Belvoir Drive in the same chef role but for the Ladies team

Levy/ Compass look after the food at Seagrave, sizable turnover of staff recently

• Like 1

On 19/06/2023 at 10:08, Guest said:

For five games five years ago, done nothing before or since then and has no club coaching experience whatsoever. He would be a strange one to have on our shortlist is my point.

Was effectively one of our coaches during the 2nd half of the 2014/15 season. He’d be great to have around the squad in any capacity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, weller54 said:

No EC

No PL trophy the following season. 

No EC.

No PL trophy.

No trophy no raised expectations.

No raised expectations, no scattergun transfer policy and no Raneiri sacking.

No sacking, no Puel.

No Puel no Rodgers. 
No Rodgers no relega….. hang on?!?! No EC no relegation!!!! Bald cvnt sent us down?!?!? Burn him!!!!!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, The_77 said:

Was effectively one of our coaches during the 2nd half of the 2014/15 season. He’d be great to have around the squad in any capacity. 

Maybe he would but since there is very little evidence he has either the ability or inclination to be a coach I strongly suspect we will never find out either way

15 hours ago, The_77 said:

I’m not exaggerating anything or trying to make his tenure anything more than it was. Here’s a direct quote from Kasper about Cambiasso: 

“He was basically a manager already. Even on the pitch, he was changing tactics and things like that, he was class.“

Thanks, wasn't aware of that quote. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

So Kasper is also saying that Cambiasso saved us and not NFP? 😏

Conflicting evidence but it seemed that Pearson had run out of ideas and didn't know how, or couldn't, turn it around. He'd lost the plot (Ostrichgate etc) but something was the catalyst for those last 9 games. It does seem that senior players took matters into their own hands and Cambiasso was a leading voice. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Have to give credit to the players as a collective they probably put their heads together and said let’s get ourselves out of this. Whatever drove their belief it was strong stuff! Goes to show how different it was last season with this lot of players. I’m sure the will was there but the desire and mental steel non existent. Not until the final 2 games we saw something that looked like real resolve.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Guest said:

Maybe he would but since there is very little evidence he has either the ability or inclination to be a coach I strongly suspect we will never find out either way

He got his UEFA coaching badges and even did the whole Shakey bit with the Colombia national team

IMG_5511.jpeg

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Conflicting evidence but it seemed that Pearson had run out of ideas and didn't know how, or couldn't, turn it around. He'd lost the plot (Ostrichgate etc) but something was the catalyst for those last 9 games. It does seem that senior players took matters into their own hands and Cambiasso was a leading voice. 

Well it plays into what Mahrez said about the 15/16 season - that we had "11 captains on the field"....  It certainly feels like the team at the point were a lot more clued up than the current batch.