Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Roberto Vitiello - new Assistant Manager?

11 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Kolo Toure would suggest that doesn't always help

Yes - but Italian Defences are generally  tighter than a Mosquitoes chuff.  What Kolo actually did, who knows? Rogers coaching back up team were woeful.

• Like 1

What worries me about a guy who seemingly has never ventured outside Italy in his career, might not be a great (or even competent) English speaker. Could be a wonderful Coach, but if he don't speak the lingo, it will be difficult to get ideas over to a mainly English speaking squad.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Guest said:

For five games five years ago, done nothing before or since then and has no club coaching experience whatsoever. He would be a strange one to have on our shortlist is my point.

But..... he's MAGIC!

24 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

What worries me about a guy who seemingly has never ventured outside Italy in his career, might not be a great (or even competent) English speaker. Could be a wonderful Coach, but if he don't speak the lingo, it will be difficult to get ideas over to a mainly English speaking squad.

Do they not teach English in Italy or something lol

Merc

Maresca played alongside Vitiello during both players’ time at Italian club Palmero between 2014 and 2016. Vitiello played his entire career in Italy making a total of 490 professional appearances.

After his retirement in 2020, he started his coaching career with Fiorentina, before leaving to assist Maresca at Parma. Vitiello has been out of work since leaving the Italian club in 2021. Ig his appointment is confirmed, City will be his first club outsider of Italy.

11 minutes ago, davieG said:

Merc

Maresca played alongside Vitiello during both players’ time at Italian club Palmero between 2014 and 2016. Vitiello played his entire career in Italy making a total of 490 professional appearances.

After his retirement in 2020, he started his coaching career with Fiorentina, before leaving to assist Maresca at Parma. Vitiello has been out of work since leaving the Italian club in 2021. Ig his appointment is confirmed, City will be his first club outsider of Italy.

Thanks for clearing it up. I think somebody got Vitiello and Cambiasso mixed up…

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

Merc

hmm... On paper, that doesn't look great tbh. Our No.2 has not worked for 2 years, never played outside Italy and only coached at Fiorentina and Parma briefly. 

I am sure the optimists (I am usually one!) will try to downplay that resume, but that really doesn't fill me with much confidence. 

I guess we just have to hope Maresca is an absolute genius, and none of how these things look on paper, will really matter!

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

If it means it's one step closer to Sadler and Stowell being shown out the door, I'm all for it. 

Oh and obviously hope he does well regardless! 

Nothing wrong with Stowell every club needs someone who knows the club and how it runs day to day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guest said:

For five games five years ago, done nothing before or since then and has no club coaching experience whatsoever. He would be a strange one to have on our shortlist is my point.

You watch your mouth when you’re talking about the bold Argentinian prince like that!