Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Conor Coady

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

As per, any supposed negative Nellies are being shouted down by the happy clappers. 

I'm not against Coady per se, but I think it is correct to question

1. He's not as good as Evans. And Evans is available for free. There's an 8m savi g right there

2. The 3 or 4 year contract we are offering Coady could be condensed to a 2 year deal for Evans - shortening our commitment 

Apart from the huge question marks over Evans' fitness, i think it fair to question the financial (and footballing) logic of this deal. Somebody has to. Foxes Trust won't. The club admin won't talk to the media. And most supporters see what they want to see, rather than have a inquisitive mind

Evans is made of biscuits 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

everyone is so concerned about the money but the truth is not a single one of us know how much money we have available to spend, everyone knows we need a lot of new players coming in so if they're spending the money they clearly have it and i'm not going to be too concerned with "overpaying" for people.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

As per, any supposed negative Nellies are being shouted down by the happy clappers. 

1. He's not as good as Evans. And Evans is available for free. There's an 8m savi g right there

2. The 3 or 4 year contract we are offering Coady could be condensed to a 2 year deal for Evans - shortening our commitment 

Apart from the huge question marks over Evans' fitness, i think it fair to question the financial (and footballing) logic of this deal. Somebody has to. Foxes Trust won't. The club admin won't talk to the media. And most supporters see what they want to see, rather than have a inquisitive mind

Evans is what 5 years older than Coady. Even if only offering 2 years takes him to 37 and as you say hardly plays now

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

This is where I guess others opinions and Perspectives vary.  I see Evans a being “past it” and not what we do for the slog of championship football. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Not sure if we’ve been mugged and there may have been other clubs sniffing around. The Coady deal has been in the works from well before Maresca was announced.

Yes. But with a new manager in place you would hope he would have influence in transfer decisions. Maybe he has but I think unlikely. This has Rudkin written all over it. 

Just now, Jjridgewell said:

everyone is so concerned about the money but the truth is not a single one of us know how much money we have available to spend, everyone knows we need a lot of new players coming in so if they're spending the money they clearly have it and i'm not going to be too concerned with "overpaying" for people.

Can you not see why some of us are concerned though? We've gotten relegated because we seemingly couldn't move on dross last summer in order to bring new players in and that's been a consequence of overpaying for players in the last, oh and the relentless injuries we have had. Winks ticks all those boxes unless there's a huge change to the way his career has gone.

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Coady is far, far better than Evans. Evans is done, he may as well retire. And anyway, I lost any shred of respect for the guy following his absolutely embarrassing interview after the West Ham game. He can do one, he’s not a captain at all, I’ll be glad to see the back of him. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No way, was a very negative pre-season after the debacle of 2012/13.

So although we should not live in a fools paradise no immediate need to get into a black dog because we buy players that are not Man City treble winners

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Can you not see why some of us are concerned though? We've gotten relegated because we seemingly couldn't move on dross last summer in order to bring new players in and that's been a consequence of overpaying for players in the last, oh and the relentless injuries we have had. Winks ticks all those boxes unless there's a huge change to the way his career has gone.

I get it. We supporters all want us to succeed. 

But there's a lack of critical thinking amongst the fan base. Coady or Winks in isolation are perhaps doable. But we have a sample size of 2 incoming players - currently 100% of our activity -  both on monster wages, both fairly predictable (suggesting a lack of invention and innovation in the scouting) and both with zero resale value. 

The Swansea lad. The PSG lad both suggest a more progressive approach. But until Winks and Coady are counter balanced with those kinda signings, I'll remain highly concerned 

• Like 3

Let’s be honest after the last season, it will be nice having some new faces to get encouraged by. Look at the tune O’Neil got from some players that were hardly on a upward trajectory when purchased. 
With a forward thinking manager maybe players who careers have appeared to plateau will be utilised in such a way that they become the player that was hoped of years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

£18m already spent. I don’t know what other championship  budgets are like but I’d be surprised if anyone gets close to that. Big pressure on Enzo. 

I also wonder who this seasons Dyche and/or Warnock will be. If we do actually piss the league, terms like “market leaders”, “Man City of the championship” and my favourite “cheaters” is going to be said quite often - I’ll love it.

According to a random website I looked at; last year the spending went:

Burnley - £38.20M

Watford - £18.56M

Norwich - £14.4M

Hull - £11.5M

Middlesborough - £10.23M

The rest spent below £10M

So we’re already 3rd last year with plenty more to go! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This places makes me laugh. About four people make a totally valid point and a far greater number fill the thread with their own moaning about supposed moaning. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Stop being so negative.

I can only have an opinion based on what I’ve seen

on that basis, Bertrand was a low risk purchase which I approved of. Could we have anticipated the injury woes which befell him ? 

I can’t give you an opinion on all the foreign buys because I hadn’t seen them play live 

I have seen winks a few times and I like him - I hear ric’s concerns about possible injury issues 

I don’t see much of a downside with coady - especially in the championship. And if we get back up then he’ll be a decent squad CB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1