Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Conor Coady

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Is that the case? I was always under the impression that part of the issue with moving players on on a whack is the shortfall in wages being possibly topped up by the selling club. I hope that's the case because Coady must be a philanthropist if he's walking away from 2 more years on 65k a week (if reports are to be believed) to come to us for half that. 

I might be out of touch with the Championship but I don't see how sustainable it is to pay a wage of north of £35k a week unless only residing in the Championship for one season? So I hope to god we have some get out clauses if it doesn't go to plan. Its not as if we bank the parachute payments to cover our likely obscene wage bill and all outgoings is pure bonus money to rebuild. We owe a large amount to that Australian bank.

Compliments to the club for the pace at which Maddison has been moved on though and incomings being readied l, even if I don't necessarily agree with the game plan.

Well, FWIW, according to salarysport.com the third highest player in the championship last year, on 61k, was.... Hamza Choudhury!

And Liam moore was on 30k...

41 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

And that’s why we are favourites for the league. We’ll spend more on one player than 10-12 teams combined. After years of being the underdog, we are well and truly the villains this time round!

Personally, I am very ready for our villain origin story and revenge arc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Neither is constantly restating your original opinion, as that too is not debate. :dunno:

Posters with a negative opinion on the signing have been called a ‘melt’ or should be banned from the board. 

People are continually losing the nuance in many peoples criticism of the transfers hence it’s a lot is getting repeated and repeated. 

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

Thing with Coady is he's a slow bastard, and Souttar isn't exactly speedy. That's all that worries me

Speed can sometimes be overrated as a CB. 

Evans is a sloth but reads the game so well and was fantastic for us pre injuries! 

If we do indeed play a back 3, as some are suggesting, then that should also help mitigate the lack of speed.

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Is that the case? I was always under the impression that part of the issue with moving players on on a whack is the shortfall in wages being possibly topped up by the selling club. I hope that's the case because Coady must be a philanthropist if he's walking away from 2 more years on 65k a week (if reports are to be believed) to come to us for half that. 

I might be out of touch with the Championship but I don't see how sustainable it is to pay a wage of north of £35k a week unless only residing in the Championship for one season? So I hope to god we have some get out clauses if it doesn't go to plan. Its not as if we bank the parachute payments to cover our likely obscene wage bill and all outgoings is pure bonus money to rebuild. We owe a large amount to that Australian bank.

Compliments to the club for the pace at which Maddison has been moved on though and incomings being readied l, even if I don't necessarily agree with the game plan.

That’s exactly what I mean, if Praet goes we have to pay him the wages the other club won’t. So why is it we don’t think that wouldn’t work the other way around and Spurs and wolves cover the shortfall?

8 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Posters with a negative opinion on the signing have been called a ‘melt’ or should be banned from the board. 

People are continually losing the nuance in many peoples criticism of the transfers hence it’s a lot is getting repeated and repeated. 

Its a two way street, negative=melt, not negative (Maybe cautiously optimistic?)=happy clapper, but I do agree that nuance when considering the potential outcomes should be up for debate, and along side that history is fine to reference, but it is not a certainty of repetition.

The negative outlook I do get after the  last few years (Who wouldn`t), but I just don`t want it, and I hope (And not without basis I like to think) that the required reboot, mostly of our mentality, is now seemingly underway

So back to  :scarf: soon

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

That’s exactly what I mean, if Praet goes we have to pay him the wages the other club won’t. So why is it we don’t think that wouldn’t work the other way around and Spurs and wolves cover the shortfall?

My understanding is that Coady has chosen us over other options (possibly PL clubs) because we are offering him a 4 year deal.

1 hour ago, jonny_wright said:

We won the league with Morgan and Huth- and we are now in the championship…. Other clubs will be looking at our back 4 saying wow! That in the championship is unreal 

They knew not to hang around with the ball longer than needed and knew when to just boot it clear not pass back. 

Hopefully we don’t see Evans again.  For a so called leader and senior player the mistakes happened every week by the same players.  You would think he would have worked to fix them.  We have Morgan and Huth working at the club, they should be the defensive coaches not visiting local schools and sorting out loan players packed lunches. 

Coady will be a solid cb, Soutter can make decent passes and Faes can make runs forward.

Edited by Richmondfox

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Thing with Coady is he's a slow bastard, and Souttar isn't exactly speedy. That's all that worries me

The idea is you defend as a unit. If we defend properly this won’t be an issue. Huth was a slow bastard, and Morgan wasn’t much quicker…. And we won the league with that pair. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

Slightly more than I thought we'd pay if the £7.5mil price tag is true

Could rise to £8.5m which is insane. I think Coady will be a good addition but it's a nice bit of business for Wolves.

18 minutes ago, Flannel_Fox said:

Faes has all the attributes to be a good defender but ultimately just lacks the composure and know how a bit. I can see Coady having a huge positive influence of Faes game. We'll worth the fee when we sell Faes for 60mil + 

It’s too early to drink pal

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Flannel_Fox said:

Faes has all the attributes to be a good defender but ultimately just lacks the composure and know how a bit. I can see Coady having a huge positive influence of Faes game. We'll worth the fee when we sell Faes for 60mil + 

Or was that because we just rarely ever set the team up competently? It can't be coincidence that basically our entire back line always looked like it had no idea what it was doing and couldn't stay composed... it's hard to, when players are all over the place and the opposite just walk through your midfield and wide players time and time again. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Flannel_Fox said:

Faes is a complete liability and cost us loads more goals than Amartey did last season, he is unbelieveably slow, useless in the air and far too rash for a center back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Or was that because we just rarely ever set the team up competently? It can't be coincidence that basically our entire back line always looked like it had no idea what it was doing and couldn't stay composed... it's hard to, when players are all over the place and the opposite just walk through your midfield and wide players time and time again. 

It certainly didn't help any individual player the way the team was set up, but Faes for me stick out as one of those players who would be having a solid game, and then just make a couple of horrible mistakes. The Liverpool own goals for example 

2 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

We won the league with Morgan and Huth- and we are now in the championship…. Other clubs will be looking at our back 4 saying wow! That in the championship is unreal 

Also had Schmeical in goal but very valid point.

44 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm willing to give everyone we've signed in the last two seasons a complete clean slate under Maresca, especially the guys we just signed last year. Faes, Souttar and Kristiansen in particular, just let's see how they actually properly settle under better leadership (hoping that's what Enzo is.)

• Like 2