Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Conor Coady

23 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

England squad is just very average. Coady can only play in the middle of a 3 and isn’t brilliant then. Wolves fans call him the cheerleader cause all he does is stand and shouts and points

You’re right the England  squad is pretty average but the one thing Gareth  does know about is defenders and defending . 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

England squad is just very average. Coady can only play in the middle of a 3 and isn’t brilliant then. Wolves fans call him the cheerleader cause all he does is stand and shouts and points

Perfect... Him and Faes could have a pointing competition 😂

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I can't find a website that allows me to pick those stats up, however the point I'm making and one Rodgers contradicted himself on a number of times that was a huge chunk of this squad had less experience 3-4 years ago when we then were pound for pound one of the best sides in the country than they did a few years later when the decline came. Funnily Brendan said in the last year or so our team was still inexperienced, despite said achievements.

For me it's not about age or necessarily what they've achieved but more their ability and current motivation and momentum when coming to Leicester. Our decline has largely been because proven players have no longer wanted to be here or fell out of form etc and likely wanted a new challenge. I want players who have a point to prove and/or see Leicester as a step up, not a step down. But equally as importantly we need to get the finances right too, we've overpaid players now for years and it's got to stop.

The average squad age has been pretty consistent. 

19/20:  25.9  9th lowest in PL 

20/21:  26.4 11th 

21/22:  26.3 9th 

22/23: 26.3 9th 

The issue for me is the 19/20 -20/21 squad had bags of experience Morgan, Kasper, Vardy, Evans, Fuchs, and Albrighton. By the time we got to last season, we had only Vardy and Evans. 

I am not convinced we went down due to lack of talent, but lack of leadership which motivates the squad from within and focuses minds. 

Just because you are approaching the later stage of your career doesn't mean you have no point to prove. The likes of Albrighton and Huth could have rightly seen Leicester as a step down in 2015. 

It is a period of readjustment. We have made too many mistakes bringing in players of not the right character or talent, keeping players far too long and paying far too much. 

But this squad rebuild does need some much-needed leadership and character as much as quality/talent. For me, we need a hungry younger talent with some battle-hardened old pros with a point to prove. 

Interestingly looking at the clubs Tielemans and Maddison have signed/signing for we must have drawn a line in the sand on the wages front as I think if we would had been willing to pay them 200k a week a season ago they would both have resigned some time back. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Thanks, we've long had very few options to play the LCB in either a back 3 or back 4 and doesn't look to be immediately changing any time soon. 

Hopefully we sign Callum Doyle from man city

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Disappointed we are having to pay more than what Everton could’ve got him for

Everton had the option to buy at £4.5m I believe, surely as they never took that up then you would think that is the ceiling?

Players who are surplus at PL clubs and have a lack of suitors should be hard to give away let along knocking back £5m bids, I'd be walking away at this point. It's a buyers market for these type of profile players.

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Everton had the option to buy at £4.5m I believe, surely as they never took that up then you would think that is the ceiling?

Players who are surplus at PL clubs and have a lack of suitors should be hard to give away let along knocking back £5m bids, I'd be walking away at this point. It's a buyers market for these type of profile players.

You have to remember Everton paid a loan fee probably around 2 million or even more so option price was lower because of the loan fee

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LVFox said:

Apparently Wolves want 8m.

If true, they can go swivel.

I'm sure it will get negotiated. 

You need him more than we need to sell him for that money. Don't forget Everton paid a loan fee on top of their £4.5m option. That would have been a couple of million no doubt. 

2 hours ago, LVFox said:

Apparently Wolves want 8m.

If true, they can go swivel.

Seems pretty unlikely given he had a widely reported buy clause in his Everton loan deal at £4.5m, and he now has one year less left on his deal.

Edited by FoxesWalk

2 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Seems pretty unlikely given he had a widely reported buy clause in his Everton loan deal at £4.5m, and he now has one year less left on his deal.

£4.5m was always cheap for a PL player who was in the England setup. Add on his loan fee that Everton paid (no idea how much), plus he reportedly had a couple of add-ons to that £4.5m deal if they made it permanent. 

Those will all have been taken into account. If you're paying £10m for Winks then £8m isn't too unreasonable. 

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Disappointed we are having to pay more than what Everton could’ve got him for

Everton had already paid a massive loan fee, the £4.5m was smaller than the loan fee which I think was around £8m. So technically would have cost them £12.5m

• Like 1