Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Conor Coady

3 minutes ago, Iran said:

A bit interested to know what those Premier League offers were for them, especially for Winks.

Sheff Utd have been the strongest link for Coady from the Prem

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Iran said:

A bit interested to know what those Premier League offers were for them, especially for Winks.

Would it be that surprising for forest or a newly promoted team to try and sign Winks? 

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We used to be positive. There was a time when we all though Ryan Bertrand and Jannik Vestergaard were sensible signings.

At one point we were 2-0 up against Napoli, an electric team that went on to win Serie A and get to the Quarter Finals of the Champions League. It has literally all been downhill since then. That's why we are all burnt out and massively negative. 

I think we are over paying for players, but we are doing it to get it done quickly so Maresca can get to work with the team ASAP. We have learned from last year where we took too long to ship out Fofana and couldn't rejuvenate the squad. Of course this has different types of problems. It's probably the way to go for now though.

Yep, last summer was a monumental f’ up, and it’s cost us dearly, £12m for lookman and just saying no to Kasper or Fofana till January could have saved us.

• Like 1

Having looked around re his performances, lots of Everton fans can't see why they didn't sign him. The suggestion is Dyche preferred his Burnley home boys as starters (Keane & tarkowski) and they're probably looking for a cheap back up as you know we could very well be suing them for FFP breaches, so assuming they'll have Dyche working with next to nothing, like he always has. 

I think it's pointless getting worked up over price, I don't think £8m for him is too high, I liken him to Wes Morgan. 

£18.5m (AFTER add ons) for two players is a LOT for a championship club, no doubt but how often does a championship club sign TWO England internationals? That's equally mental. 

It's obvious that we are sorting out the spine of our team by adding experienced, leaders and then we will add the exciting, exotic names around them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lesta Legend said:

Having looked around re his performances, lots of Everton fans can't see why they didn't sign him. The suggestion is Dyche preferred his Burnley home boys as starters (Keane & tarkowski) and they're probably looking for a cheap back up as you know we could very well be suing them for FFP breaches, so assuming they'll have Dyche working with next to nothing, like he always has. 

I think it's pointless getting worked up over price, I don't think £8m for him is too high, I liken him to Wes Morgan. 

I think Everton looked at it and thought they could be more ambitious by signing a player with a resale value 

Potentially give a young English centre back who’d been on loan at PSV a chance too. 

It represented a bad deal to Everton at the time 

47 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

That's too expensive again. I think it's a knock on effect from desperation. We were always going to cut a corner or ten.

Cost of doing our business early and competing not only with clubs like Leeds and Southampton, but also newly promoted Premier League teams. 

We could play hard ball and wait towards the end of the window, and save ourselves a few million here and there on these types of players, but I actually prefer us doing our business early on and paying a bit more, to a) jump ahead of other clubs and b) have our squad take shape earlier and ready for pre-season

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

All burnt out and massively negative. 

Maybe it's time for people to relax and snap out of the mire they find themselves in. Can't exactly be healthy to carry on finding a negative in everything, surely? 

It's hardly earth-shattering to spend £7.5m on a very experienced defender who's probably not even that close to the end of his career (perhaps 4/5 years left, most of which we'll benefit from?). Some people always bang on about - resale value. Not every signing will give us that. But what they will give is some talent, experience, leadership and organisation. Much needed in this squad. We can't just sign players in their early 20s and hope for the Moneyball style. There needs to be some shrewdness and reliability. Players like Winks and Coady offer that, no? 

Clearly never seen me work my magic on Football Manager :thumbup:

But yes I do agree, we can't just sign a load of players who are 23 or younger and thats it, need to have a good amount of experience and older heads throughout the squad during what will be a long season, especially when you look at how much we lacked any form of actual leadership last season

Both our Championship and Premier League title winning squads had no end of these kind of players through out them and are vital to sides trying to win this league and then also staying up

• Like 1