Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Conor Coady

1 minute ago, scinnell said:

Some right melts on this forum moaning about fees. Experience and Leadership of Winks and Coady for an initial fee of 13.5 million is very good going. 

Agree with this. Its all about the blend and also getting these deals over the line quickly. 

A couple of experienced pros, throw in a few young, excellent Champs players like Piroe and a few quality loans and we will be laughing.

I swear that there are some peeps on this forum who (a) wouldn't be happy with anyone we buy and (b) don't realise we've been relegated.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Cost of doing our business early and competing not only with clubs like Leeds and Southampton, but also newly promoted Premier League teams. 

We could play hard ball and wait towards the end of the window, and save ourselves a few million here and there on these types of players, but I actually prefer us doing our business early on and paying a bit more, to a) jump ahead of other clubs and b) have our squad take shape earlier and ready for pre-season

Also, the later on in the summer we get, the more desperate we appear. Therefore clubs might hold out on higher fees knowing how desperate we are... 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

All burnt out and massively negative. 

Maybe it's time for people to relax and snap out of the mire they find themselves in. Can't exactly be healthy to carry on finding a negative in everything, surely? 

It's hardly earth-shattering to spend £7.5m on a very experienced defender who's probably not even that close to the end of his career (perhaps 4/5 years left, most of which we'll benefit from?). Some people always bang on about - resale value. Not every signing will give us that. But what they will give is some talent, experience, leadership and organisation. Much needed in this squad. We can't just sign players in their early 20s and hope for the Moneyball style. There needs to be some shrewdness and reliability. Players like Winks and Coady offer that, no? 

Agreed, but maybe it is reflection of individuals situations. :dunno:

Anyhow, I said in another thread, strong experienced spine with so many leaving is of critical importance this window and should come first before bringing in the flashy resale folks

• Like 1

Just now, Fox 4 Life said:

Great signing this, him and Souttar please, sack Faes off.

I imagine it'll be back 3 containing all of them. Unless we sign another CB. 

Bit worried that there's very few links to Vestergaard... 

3 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Agree with this. Its all about the blend and also getting these deals over the line quickly. 

A couple of experienced pros, throw in a few young, excellent Champs players like Piroe and a few quality loans and we will be laughing.

I swear that there are some peeps on this forum who (a) wouldn't be happy with anyone we buy and (b) don't realise we've been relegated.

I wonder what a lot of fans thought about the 2013 14 squad at the time

Is Coady even good in a back 4??

Also, I don't remember him being that impressive on the ball. Like Evans was.

Edited by Koke

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

I didn't realise the scale of the amount of absolute melts on this website until the last couple of days.  Coady is a solid signing, in an area we've been absolutely dogshit for years.

Jesus Christ I'd of have been happy with this signing last season when we were in the prem.  He will absolutely shine at this level.

Did you only join in the last couple of days? 

Just now, breadandcheese said:

It does feel like we're overpaying for players, although I like the signing of Coady and Winks.

Didn't Everton have an option to buy him for 4.5m. I'm not sure he's appreciated by 3m in the space of a few weeks.

Don't forget they will have paid a loan fee for him as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Koke said:

Also, I don't remember him being that impressive on the ball. Like Evava was.

I think he's okay. But Everton and Wolves fans definitely rate him in a back 5.

Just now, kristianity77 said:

I didn't realise the scale of the amount of absolute melts on this website until the last couple of days.  Coady is a solid signing, in an area we've been absolutely dogshit for years.

Jesus Christ I'd of have been happy with this signing last season when we were in the prem.  He will absolutely shine at this level.

Faes is a player I can see doing well at this level. Combative and physical, not terrible on the ball and his mistakes will be less likely to be punished as he gets them out of his game. 

Souttar already knows the level and was quality at Stoke and Coady is outstanding for a Championship side.

I suspect we'll be good at the back and the signing of Piroe excites me too. The midfield is key though.

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Also, I don't remember him being that impressive on the ball. Like Evans was.

I think we are going to be playing a back 5 anyway

From our resident Wolves fan @The Bear, he is really good at starting attacks with long diagonal balls as well

• Like 1

I can't see any negatives in this signing at all 

Folk may question the fee and potentially wages, but to be in the position we are, yet somehow signing 2 England internationals in the space of a week, is quite frankly astonishing

If it's true that himself and Winks totally buy into the rebuild and want to be a major force in what's hopefully going to be a successful next chapter, then you can't put a price on that 

Cracking business 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Maybe it's time for people to relax and snap out of the mire they find themselves in. Can't exactly be healthy to carry on finding a negative in everything, surely? 

It's hardly earth-shattering to spend £7.5m on a very experienced defender who's probably not even that close to the end of his career (perhaps 4/5 years left, most of which we'll benefit from?). Some people always bang on about - resale value. Not every signing will give us that. But what they will give is some talent, experience, leadership and organisation. Much needed in this squad. We can't just sign players in their early 20s and hope for the Moneyball style. There needs to be some shrewdness and reliability. Players like Winks and Coady offer that, no? 

Even the moneyball method (which I hope the club are restructuring towards) takes a look at any player, the idea being that we'd find value in players that nobody else can see, like a lot of our fans 😉. We all overlook players for a variety of biased reasons and perceived flaws: age; appearance; personality etc but that seems a bit short sighted. 

I think the likes of Coady and Winks will bring something we've been missing and ultimately want to be here and buy into the project - which is important when we've watched a squad of players lacking any commitment to the team and now leaving for free. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Some people take comfort in being able to moan about things, more so finding even the smallest thing to moan about when in reality, there isn't really anything to moan about 

• Like 3