Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Conor Coady

Just now, An Away Move said:

£3m more than Everton’s option on him but happy to see this done early. Leadership and experience. Back to our model of signing experienced CBs like Huth and peak Evans. 

Been touched on a few times, but Everton will have paid a loan fee

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Cost of doing our business early and competing not only with clubs like Leeds and Southampton, but also newly promoted Premier League teams. 

We could play hard ball and wait towards the end of the window, and save ourselves a few million here and there on these types of players, but I actually prefer us doing our business early on and paying a bit more, to a) jump ahead of other clubs and b) have our squad take shape earlier and ready for pre-season

Correct sadly, bit expensive this but at least he's in early and the team is taking shape.

Overpaying by a couple of mill here but he'll be worth it if he helps gets us promoted.

4 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Robert Huth wasn't good enough for a drab Stoke side. But he was exactly what we needed. Steadied the ship, gave Morgan a good partner who was experienced at PL level, settled straight in after we gave him a chance to resurrect his career. One Great Escape, one Premier League title and a Champions League quarter final later and he's a legend in these parts.

I'm not saying we can perform miracles with Coady but just because Wolves and Everton aren't interested, it doesn't necessarily mean he's finished in the Prem.

I agree on principle but hes definitely finished in the Prem. Wolves and Everton finished bottom 6 and neither wanted him. Says a lot.

• Like 1

£18m already spent. I don’t know what other championship  budgets are like but I’d be surprised if anyone gets close to that. Big pressure on Enzo. 

I also wonder who this seasons Dyche and/or Warnock will be. If we do actually piss the league, terms like “market leaders”, “Man City of the championship” and my favourite “cheaters” is going to be said quite often - I’ll love it.

• Like 1

Guest nathan.
4 minutes ago, Koke said:

I agree on principle but hes definitely finished in the Prem. Wolves and Everton finished bottom 6 and neither wanted him. Says a lot.

I think the reason he wasn’t signed by Everton is because gravel has his favourites from his Burnley days in Tarks and Kean.

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Everton are not a great judge of character to be fair, and Wolves would still want him if he was called Conodo Coaderea

• Haha 1

I don't think he's a very good Premier League defender at all but guess what, we're not in the Premier League. He'll probably be fine, especially if we've designs on playing a back three, and the fact that he seems to be universally regarded as a fantastic character to have around the place is a huge bonus.

Wolves fan on Twitter suggesting that Everton paid £8m upfront to loan Coady for a year, the £4.5m option was in addition to that, so £12.5m to make the deal permanent.

£7.5m + £1m add on’s for 3/4 years sounds like a decent deal in comparison, if true.

Edited by stu

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Probably a little bit more than we should have paid, he may not flashy, but he's no nonsense, does his job, enjoys defending, a leader which we've been lacking for years, he could prove to be one of the most important signings in recent years, a breath of fresh air.

Anyone moaning, take a look at yourselves, even i'm happy, buzzing and excited by this one.

And that in itself is a big win! Welcome to the optimistic side 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Faes / Coady v Coventry... 

buster-keaton.gif

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Happy with the signing, the price though is eh, was hoping we’d get him for £4-5 million.

You won’t see many Championship teams paying over £5 million for a player of that age. 

Equally, not many Championship teams will get promoted at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

Yep, last summer was a monumental f’ up, and it’s cost us dearly, £12m for lookman and just saying no to Kasper or Fofana till January could have saved us.

Being wise after the event is easy.  Lookman went off the boil,  Fofana downed tools and didn't want to play for us.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

£18m already spent.

It won't be £18m straight up though, which will get missed in the narrative to be fair. 

The Winks deal I think will total £10m, perhaps £6-7m up front. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It won't be £18m straight up though, which will get missed in the narrative to be fair. 

The Winks deal I think will total £10m, perhaps £6-7m up front. 

Any sensible negotiator would ensure a good chunk of that fee was upon winning promotion.

... So it'll be all up front :ph34r: