Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Conor Coady

6 minutes ago, PaulW said:

Being wise after the event is easy.  Lookman went off the boil,  Fofana downed tools and didn't want to play for us.

Lookman did not go off the boil, he was our best Left winger and came off the bench on the right to save us, he went on to score 15 goals and 6 assists, he’d be worth £50m right now, as for fofana, he’d have played with the promise of a move after the World Cup, it could have been sorted with the will to do it, you didn’t need foresight 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

All these deals will still be paid in instalments, it’s how all deals are done nowadays, so it’s not like that’s £18m just gone out of our budget already. 

Not necessarily, we may insist on a loan being paid off plus the interest by the buying club, as with fofana I believe 

8 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

Can he fill big Dan’s boots?  

Soultar, Coady possibly Faes with Justin and maybe Evans not to mention Vestegard.  Covered for CBs 

Mr Blobby could do that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Knew we'd end up waving a 4 year contract at him, for someone who is 31 in January its too much.

My main problem is we'd never get this sort of fee if we were the selling club, where it our £7 million fee (or even just a few million) for Vestergaard? He's also 30 with a year left, and yet we are seemingly stuck with him.

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Knew we'd end up waving a 4 year contract at him, for someone who is 31 in January its too much.

My main problem is we'd never get this sort of fee if we were the selling club, where it our £7 million fee (or even just a few million) for Vestergaard? He's also 30 with a year left, and yet we are seemingly stuck with him.

Rudkin 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

And theres a year less on his deal and he’s surplus to requirements.. 

For once we’re not fannying around.  We wanted him and we’ve paid the money to get him.  We had a player who didn’t want to be here and we’ve got shot quick.

This is literally how we should have been operating since 2016.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dames said:

Everton had a 4.5m option in place and somehow we’ve paid nearly double that. It’ll be a good signing but it really worries me how badly the club is still being run. 

They probably paid about 3 million to Wolves to take him for the season

Guest nathan.
6 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Vestergaard has turned down moves away.

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

There's not a chance Everton paid £8m for one season. 12 month loan fees are often around £2-3m.

It wasn't intended to be a loan though was it.

It would have meant £12.5m total fee for a current England international.

The loan fee seems excessive only because they didn't take up the option.

I may be wrong saying £8m and can't find the source right now but it certainly wasn't £2m for a current England international.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

I wonder what a lot of fans thought about the 2013 14 squad at the time

...one of the best teams ever...we built our Premiership Team on these players!!!

Pearson said when they came back after Deeney Day, the only thing that the club is focusing on is promotion and nothing else. We behaved like a top Premiership club then and we had a swagger in the way we rolled up to games, different class.

1 hour ago, nathan. said:

Apparently he turned down prem offers.

He is still a quality defender at prem level.

If you're turning down PL offers to come here, we're wedging him up. He's not walking away from £65k a week for another 2 years aged 30. So be prepared for us to once again be pushing things to the maximum and if it doesn't come off, we are done for.

The EFL will serve us our harris on a plate.

Praying we come up first time of asking. 

Welcome Conor, our new captain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This could turn out to be a masterstroke of a signing. He's been there done it, brings leadership and a great club man from what ive seen and read in the media. Still more than good enough for PL as well so will be a great asset in the Championship. 

Add in Winks, Steffan, Piroe and a couple of loanees from man City, we're starting to look like a formidable outfit. 

Edited by superfox1980

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

I wonder what a lot of fans thought about the 2013 14 squad at the time

Pearson was a master of adding experience very cheaply and investing transfer fees in young talent who's value and potential could increase vastly. 

• Like 3