Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Conor Coady

13 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

For once we’re not fannying around.  We wanted him and we’ve paid the money to get him.  We had a player who didn’t want to be here and we’ve got shot quick.

This is literally how we should have been operating since 2016.

Paying over the odds and handing out big long contracts to players with no resale value? It seems like we are operating as we always have.

Coady will be a good signing at this level but if we stay down we wont be able to afford his wages and no one will want to take him off our hands. If we go up he wont be good enough and no one will want to take him off our hands because of his wages. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, EnderbyFox said:

Why won't he be good enough if we go up? He was in the england squad less than a year ago, its hardly like he's became garbage over night.

a 35 year old Tim Ream has done a decent job in the Prem this year, hardly think a 31 year old Coady will be past it

He wasnt good enough for Wolves who were in a scrap most the season and he wasnt good enough for Everton who barely scraped by. 

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...one of the best teams ever...we built our Premiership Team on these players!!!

Pearson said when they came back after Deeney Day, the only thing that the club is focusing on is promotion and nothing else. We behaved like a top Premiership club then and we had a swagger in the way we rolled up to games, different class.

And quite a few were not stars but good solid pros

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

He wasnt good enough for Wolves who were in a scrap most the season and he wasnt good enough for Everton who barely scraped by. 

Rodgers has gone and we got relegated, we are now in the championship with a new manager.

FFS give your head a wobble and get out of the spiral of misery you were in last season.

Time to start expecting things to improve and be positive.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Dames said:

Paying over the odds and handing out big long contracts to players with no resale value? It seems like we are operating as we always have.

Coady will be a good signing at this level but if we stay down we wont be able to afford his wages and no one will want to take him off our hands. If we go up he wont be good enough and no one will want to take him off our hands because of his wages. 

Do you know what we’re paying him?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Did I miss something? Coady is a good player, I expected more positivity.

High wages, long deal and feels like we’ll be stuck with him beyond his use for us taking up wages etc. Would have been an excellent deal if we got him at half the price but taking into account our recent financial situations its hard not to be skeptical. 

5 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Rodgers has gone and we got relegated, we are now in the championship with a new manager.

FFS give your head a wobble and get out of the spiral of misery you were in last season.

Time to start expecting things to improve and be positive.

Maybe when the club start making more sensible decisions. So far 18m on Winks and Coady on high wages and long contracts are not sensible decisions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

I wonder what a lot of fans thought about the 2013 14 squad at the time

If I remember correctly the opening day match thread was as full of the moaning about team selection and players being picked over other players as your most negative match threads from last season. A win changed the tune of some but we weren’t all dancing hand in hand from the first kick of the season. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Did I miss something? Coady is a good player, I expected more positivity.

A few weeks ago we had people saying that Evans was a must keep, even though he played about 6 games and was 'good' in about 2 of them, and offer fek all leadership even though he was captain on silly money. Coady is the best possible replacement for that experienced head and could still offer something if we go up. Still think people don't know were we are at right now. I'm happy with this one.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

Just now, Vlad the Fox said:

If I remember correctly the opening day match thread was as full of the moaning about team selection and players being picked over other players as your most negative match threads from last season. A win changed the tune of some but we weren’t all dancing hand in hand from the first kick of the season. 

I thought as much

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

High wages, long deal and feels like we’ll be stuck with him beyond his use for us taking up wages etc. Would have been an excellent deal if we got him at half the price but taking into account our recent financial situations its hard not to be skeptical. 

Maybe when the club start making more sensible decisions. So far 18m on Winks and Coady on high wages and long contracts are not sensible decisions. 

It’s up to £18m and you have no idea of salary or length of contract but typically assume the worst. Do you even own a glass?

As per, any supposed negative Nellies are being shouted down by the happy clappers. 

I'm not against Coady per se, but I think it is correct to question

1. He's not as good as Evans. And Evans is available for free. There's an 8m savi g right there

2. The 3 or 4 year contract we are offering Coady could be condensed to a 2 year deal for Evans - shortening our commitment 

Apart from the huge question marks over Evans' fitness, i think it fair to question the financial (and footballing) logic of this deal. Somebody has to. Foxes Trust won't. The club admin won't talk to the media. And most supporters see what they want to see, rather than have a inquisitive mind

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dames said:

Same old same old. Do they ever learn. Winks should at least be an asset at 27. Coady, poor imo. 

2 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Rudkin mugged again. This isn't a Maresca signing, surely. 

Not sure if we’ve been mugged and there may have been other clubs sniffing around. The Coady deal has been in the works from well before Maresca was announced.

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

As per, any supposed negative Nellies are being shouted down by the happy clappers. 

1. He's not as good as Evans. And Evans is available for free. There's an 8m savi g right there

2. The 3 or 4 year contract we are offering Coady could be condensed to a 2 year deal for Evans - shortening our commitment 

Apart from the huge question marks over Evans' fitness, i think it fair to question the financial (and footballing) logic of this deal. Somebody has to. Foxes Trust won't. The club admin won't talk to the media. And most supporters see what they want to see, rather than have a inquisitive mind

ffs, Evans is capable of a HANDFUL of games each season. He is the biggest sicknote going. Evans does not deserve to be used as the barometer of any signing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Apart from the huge question mark over Evan’s fitness??????????
FFS are you for real, he hardly played last season and he’s now 35 so considerably older than Cody.

• Like 4