Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Conor Coady

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahaha fair comment

In my eyes though this board are a disgrace until proven otherwise given what they've masterminded in the last few years. The antics of the last 24 hours shows scant difference either but I stand to be corrected.

Can't stop giggling that people think Coady and Winks are coming here on modest wages and if they aren't then it suggests more of the same. 

We don’t know what they will be on, they might be on good money where they are but then they aren’t wanted and their contracts aren’t getting renewed. 

If a player we don’t want goes, we expect the other team to cover the shortfall. We won’t be offering premier league level money, so their parent clubs will have to pick up some slack I would imagine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Hmmm, Babs respect your opinion a lot but this is a forum for debate, it’s about to have disagreements. That’s the nature of it. Dismissing debate like this isn’t a good thing 

I don’t believe slagging people off on what we might do is a good thing either. People don’t seem capable of just saying it’s cool so long as we don’t JUST that sort of player. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We don’t know what they will be on, they might be on good money where they are but then they aren’t wanted and their contracts aren’t getting renewed. 

If a player we don’t want goes, we expect the other team to cover the shortfall. We won’t be offering premier league level money, so their parent clubs will have to pick up some slack I would imagine. 

Spot on! Our board get alot of stick (rightfully) but they're hardly gonna be "so what you on at the minute?" ... "Yeah we'll match that"

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Is that the case? I was always under the impression that part of the issue with moving players on on a whack is the shortfall in wages being possibly topped up by the selling club. I hope that's the case because Coady must be a philanthropist if he's walking away from 2 more years on 65k a week (if reports are to be believed) to come to us for half that. 

I might be out of touch with the Championship but I don't see how sustainable it is to pay a wage of north of £35k a week unless only residing in the Championship for one season? So I hope to god we have some get out clauses if it doesn't go to plan. Its not as if we bank the parachute payments to cover our likely obscene wage bill and all outgoings is pure bonus money to rebuild. We owe a large amount to that Australian bank.

Compliments to the club for the pace at which Maddison has been moved on though and incomings being readied l, even if I don't necessarily agree with the game plan.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Hmmm, Babs respect your opinion a lot but this is a forum for debate, it’s about to have disagreements. That’s the nature of it. Dismissing debate like this isn’t a good thing 

Neither is constantly restating your original opinion, as that too is not debate. :dunno:

• Like 1

I have strong connections to Wolves and know loads of Wolves fans. 

When Coady left (to Everton) I was in shock and asked what was going on. To a man, every supporter loved him and wished him well. They weren’t surprised he went as Nuno built his 5 man defence around Coady in the centre. With the new guy wanting a back 4 they weren’t surprised he wanted to move on.

The shock is that he then played in a back 4 for Everton!! 

Personally I think he’s a great signing!!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

They will have taken a pay cut to come to us, with Tottenham/Wolves subbing their shortfall for the final year of their deals, you'd assume.

You'd hope so anyway lol

Edited by wardyfox86
Forgot which thread I was in.

38 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that will be a pretty penny, With a year to go on his contract, we have to be looking at £3m!!!

Jesus. Fudkin hell.  How is the DoF still here???

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

A few thoughts for those that haven't seen him before. 

Pros:

* Good positioning. 

* Good reading of the game. 

* Moves quickly to sniff out and mop up danger behind the other CBs. 

* Can bring the ball out of defence. 

* Good long passer. 

* Great attitude and a leader. 

* Rarely ever misses games through injury/illness. 

Cons:

* Not the quickest.

* Can get physically bullied by big units such as Wood(s), Antonio and Mitrovic.

* If he gets dragged out wide into the channels one on one he's very vulnerable to skillful wingers. 

* Cost £7.5m which I beleive is the most expensive defender ever to play in the Championship in history and will financially ruin your chances of promotion for the next 10 years and may even result in relegation to League One by January ***

*** This one may or may not be true. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

They will have taken a pay cut to come to us, with Tottenham/Wolves subbing their shortfall for the final year of their deals, you'd assume.

You'd hope so anyway lol

I'd say we are subbing Winks if it's £10 mil fee

39 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This sort of thing eases the fears a bit. For example you never had anything like this on Bertrand / Vestergaard.

Hardly surprising. Bernard Matthews would have been delighted to get those two Turkeys out the door.

1 hour ago, Phube said:

According to a random website I looked at; last year the spending went:

Burnley - £38.20M

Watford - £18.56M

Norwich - £14.4M

Hull - £11.5M

Middlesborough - £10.23M

The rest spent below £10M

So we’re already 3rd last year with plenty more to go! 

And that’s why we are favourites for the league. We’ll spend more on one player than 10-12 teams combined. After years of being the underdog, we are well and truly the villains this time round!

4 hours ago, Bilo said:

Faes is a player I can see doing well at this level. Combative and physical, not terrible on the ball and his mistakes will be less likely to be punished as he gets them out of his game. 

Souttar already knows the level and was quality at Stoke and Coady is outstanding for a Championship side.

I suspect we'll be good at the back and the signing of Piroe excites me too. The midfield is key though.

This is a very important point - we've not yet had the chance to see Faes play in a team that wasn't an absolute confidence-wrecked shambles (apart from those clean sheets before xmas) - there's a very real chance that playing in a 'normal' team, he's could turn out to be an absolute gem of a defender?

5 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

This is a very important point - we've not yet had the chance to see Faes play in a team that wasn't an absolute confidence-wrecked shambles (apart from those clean sheets before xmas) - there's a very real chance that playing in a 'normal' team, he's could turn out to be an absolute gem of a defender?

Faes looked a world beater when he first joined. Lasted all of 3-4 games, but Belgium obviously rate him too. 

I think he is a confidence player and those OG's he scored and playing in a team so badly underperforming, killed any early confidence he arrived with. 

I am curious to see him in the Championship. I don't think we would get our money back for him, and I can't imagine he was given a high wage, so I would be open to keeping him for the season. 

My only caveat, he must stop waving his arms around at everyone after we concede, especially when it is his bloody fault! 

When he does sign, please can the title of the thread in the Main Forum read....

"Conor Coady signs.....AND BTW EVERTON PAID A LOAN FEE...official"

You know, to stop people mentioning it every 5 ****ing minutes.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Faes looked a world beater when he first joined. Lasted all of 3-4 games, but Belgium obviously rate him too. 

I think he is a confidence player and those OG's he scored and playing in a team so badly underperforming, killed any early confidence he arrived with. 

I am curious to see him in the Championship. I don't think we would get our money back for him, and I can't imagine he was given a high wage, so I would be open to keeping him for the season. 

My only caveat, he must stop waving his arms around at everyone after we concede, especially when it is his bloody fault! 

Exactly - and given the contract he's on, and apparently with a relegation clause, we really don't need to sell him...

• Like 1