Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoachimWasMyHero

Coventry Home First Game of the Season

21 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Using what I've seen before to shape what I think might happen in the future, how unreasonable of me.

Sure - if we didn't have an almost entirely different squad, completely different coaching system and playing in a different league.  Otherwise, yes - last season is an almost like for like guide of what to expect this season. :doh:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

When I flew back from Hong Kong earlier in the year I was goosed for a few days. Yes not as bad as west to east but it’s still enough to knock you off your perch 

Two weeks traditionally your sleeping pattern is affected. 2-3 days of being shattered until normality but your sleep takes long to recover. 

More for me is that we aren’t going to be training properly until say Wednesday with a likely rest in between. Burning a couple of days training before your season opener which is quickly followed by another game 

18 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

When I flew back from Hong Kong earlier in the year I was goosed for a few days. Yes not as bad as west to east but it’s still enough to knock you off your perch 

No offense but I'm pretty sure the players are in are lot better physical condition and will be flying business class too. 

Jet lag is strange though as I came back from Singapore last year and was fine the next day... Reacts with people differently 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Two weeks traditionally your sleeping pattern is affected. 2-3 days of being shattered until normality but your sleep takes long to recover. 

More for me is that we aren’t going to be training properly until say Wednesday with a likely rest in between. Burning a couple of days training before your season opener which is quickly followed by another game 

It’s because this was arranged by morons who had the Premier League season in sights and thought we were too good to go down. 

• Like 2

We need to find some fight and aggression from somewhere before 12 noon next Sunday otherwise we will get turned over. They will be bang up for it, and I don't see any of our lot showing anything. Hope I'm wrong but it looks like the same tippy tappy shit we couldn't pull off last season

3 minutes ago, Walshie is God said:

We need to find some fight and aggression from somewhere before 12 noon next Sunday otherwise we will get turned over. They will be bang up for it, and I don't see any of our lot showing anything. Hope I'm wrong but it looks like the same tippy tappy shit we couldn't pull off last season

It's exactly what style we will be playing. There is no doubt about it so fans are going to have to accept it and actually get behind it. 

No sure why you think Cov will be 'bang up for it' either ? Why are they different to us ? 

Luckily for us Cov will not have the same quality with or without the ball that Liverpool just did. 

This style of play will take time to adapt to. 

it's glarily obvious to most fans that we lack wingers and anyone creative. 

I am just hoping that we recruit for those positions asap.

Edited by lee7

So to summarise our preparations for this match, we have:

- Lost to lower league opposition 

- Gone on a marketing tour of Asia 

- Had one game rained off 

- Got smashed 4-0 in the other game 

- Lost our new CB to a potentially serious injury
- Sold all of our main creative attackers and not replaced them 

Ideal. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

I think Coventry will win this.  Not because they have better players.  I firmly believe than man for man we have more quality than they do.  But they will have the desire and will to win it.  Both of these are something we don't have, and haven't had for years.  And as we all know any team that comes to the KP with the temperament to get stuck in and do the basics well, tends to go home with 3 points in the pocket.  I don't see that changing here, championship or not.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

It's exactly what style we will be playing. There is no doubt about it so fans are going to have to accept it and actually get behind it. 

No sure why you think Cov will be 'bang up for it' either ? Why are they different to us ? 

We have a big target on our backs this season. You think teams won't be up for turning us over in our own back yard? 

First things first we need to match desire and effort, something we haven't done in a while

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

I think Coventry will win this.  Not because they have better players.  I firmly believe than man for man we have more quality than they do.  But they will have the desire and will to win it.  Both of these are something we don't have, and haven't had for years.  And as we all know any team that comes to the KP with the temperament to get stuck in and do the basics well, tends to go home with 3 points in the pocket.  I don't see that changing here, championship or not.

We also have to factor in the aspect of it being a massive game for them. They had an inferiority complex around us as a club 10 years ago, but now? This will be the fixture every Coventry fan will be up for more than the other 45.