Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoachimWasMyHero

Coventry Home First Game of the Season

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Wide open I suspect.

Iā€™d literally have no idea who to bet on for this one. Probs btts

I am pretty sure most on here will predict us to win , after all they predicted victories in nearly every match last season. In truth, who knows , its a matter of faith.

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Wide open I suspect.

Iā€™d literally have no idea who to bet on for this one. Probs btts

Pretty much.Ā 

Ā 

We've less chance of keeping a clean sheet than a teenage boy who's just got back from Spearmint Rhino.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hales said:

We will win, have some belief šŸ˜‰šŸ™‚

That was not our starting line up. The first 20 minutes were great.

Positive pants on everyone!

Loving "positive pants"... I'm definitely going to buy a pair šŸ‘

• Like 1

Itā€™s going to be a massive struggle early..

absolute zero creativity in the squad never mind the team.
even if we get more players in, itā€™s evident that players are not comfortable with the style trying to be playedā€¦

itā€™s going to take plenty of adapting and i for one still want some of the dross out of the clubā€¦ castagne, Vestergaard, Thomas, Daka, albrighton, Soumare to make a fewā€¦

xmas onwards I imagine we will start to see more encouraging signs..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

46 games.

Ā 

We'll have a different squad at the end of August than we do now. It could be vastly different by the end of January too.

Ā 

What Maresca has been able to do in a short period with very few matches to prepare has been quite encouraging.

Ā 

There will still be a hangover from last season, it's to be expected. But in the months to come, surely we should get better and better.

Ā 

Our young players will be like sponges too. We could have a really strong squad playing great football by the turn of the year.

This is a very good way of looking at it. Pre-season hasnā€™t been ideal, but hopefully we can hit the ground running next weekend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Has anyone got a up date on coadys injury. We donā€™t much info down under . Just wondering why it has taken so long to have a scan and the result , seems weirdĀ 

He has a stress fracture, so not good odds of playing for a month or so.

Edited by Vestan Pance

I think if coventry come all out at us, there's no way they will do it as well as liverpool did so hopefully we won't be quite so sloppy in possession as we were today, and when we get round the press (as we did a few times against liverpool) they won't have van dijk to make timely interceptions.Ā  As such, i feel a bit more confident than i did before the liverpool game.

Ā 

Also, if Mavididi plays on the left, i think McAteer could be a decent option on the right.Ā  And if ndidi can get into those positions against liverpool, i'd fancy him to do ok against coventry's back line.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

46 games.

Ā 

We'll have a different squad at the end of August than we do now. It could be vastly different by the end of January too.

Ā 

What Maresca has been able to do in a short period with very few matches to prepare has been quite encouraging.

Ā 

There will still be a hangover from last season, it's to be expected. But in the months to come, surely we should get better and better.

Ā 

Our young players will be like sponges too. We could have a really strong squad playing great football by the turn of the year.

I think you understate this - yes, we made mistakes for all the goals, but maresca has had a month and for periods of that game we stood toe to toe with a team that klopp has been coaching for years, a team not much changed from the squad that played together throughout last year.

Ā 

As you say, this is only the start, but to have made this much progress in such short time, without all the pieces fitting is truly exciting to see.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Has anyone got a up date on coadys injury. We donā€™t much info down under . Just wondering why it has taken so long to have a scan and the result , seems weirdĀ 

Nothing weird about it at all.Ā 

Can I ask how long you've been a City supporter?Ā 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Walshie is God said:

We have a big target on our backs this season. You think teams won't be up for turning us over in our own back yard?Ā 

Ā 

First things first we need to match desire and effort, something we haven't done in a while

Ā 

Ā 

Nope think a lot of teams will give us far too much respect. They will sit back and try and beat us on the counter.Ā 

Ā 

That's why we need to stick to this plan of quick one touch to try and draw teams out.Ā 

Ā 

It will take us 10 games to get into a rhythm at least.Ā 

Ā 

Top 10 at Christmas and we will go up.Ā 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Nope think a lot of teams will give us far too much respect. They will sit back and try and beat us on the counter.Ā 

Ā 

That's why we need to stick to this plan of quick one touch to try and draw teams out.Ā 

Ā 

It will take us 10 games to get into a rhythm at least.Ā 

Ā 

Top 10 at Christmas and we will go up.Ā 

I hope you are right

5 hours ago, goose2010 said:

No offense but I'm pretty sure the players are in are lot better physical condition and will be flying business class too.Ā 

Ā 

Jet lag is strange though as I came back from Singapore last year and was fine the next day... Reacts with people differentlyĀ 

I flew in business too - but canā€™t argue with better physical condition!!

iā€™m actually dreading this.Ā 

Ā 

Canā€™t remember having this feeling about an opening game ever before.

Ā 

Im usually just excited for football to be backā€¦ but iā€™m not. Ā Itā€™s just so obvious we are under prepared and understaffedĀ 

• Like 3

Nightmare of an opening game frankly coming off the back of an absolutely dire 'preseason' with the squad undercooked as could've been predicted. The opening day does quite often set the tone for us I do find. The pathetic collapse against Brentford a year ago, the win but poor display over Wolves the year before both were quite in-keeping with what panned out for us.

Ā 

Add to the fact it's Coventry too. The biggest game of the season and they have never won at this ground. Beating them would lift everybody but losing brings about another stormcloud. It would be wise to not overreact to what happens in this game, but given the opposition it's going to be very difficult and that's why it's such a crap opener.

Edited by Dan LCFC

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

iā€™m actually dreading this.Ā 

Ā 

Canā€™t remember having this feeling about an opening game ever before.

Ā 

Im usually just excited for football to be backā€¦ but iā€™m not. Ā Itā€™s just so obvious we are under prepared and understaffedĀ 

i can, last season when we played brentford and saw Ward in goal

• Haha 1