Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoachimWasMyHero

Coventry Home First Game of the Season

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

With a totally different setup and style of play, along with the very different looking team, no pre-season would ever be enough. The real growth is going to come over the first dozen games of the season.

We're still getting linked with plenty of players, so I'm sure it's likely there will be more to come. Sadly, we are wanting rid of dead wood, and people will leave those negotiations late because it put them in a good position. 

My concern is Enzo will waste too many games playing the same players that will make the same mistakes game after game, just like last season nothing has changed.  If he shows no plan B then he will just be another BR and ego will be the downfall. 

It’s all well and good the players learning a new system but when they can’t do the basics e.g. Ndidi, Soumare, Castagne, Vestigard, Daka or the manager thinking KDH is the man in midfield to get the attacks going when he can only use one foot and always steers towards the left corner flag or stops the counter dead and passes back. 

If we are playing out the back the cbs have to actually bring the ball out quickly rather than standing still and just blasting it to Winks or Riccy who will be marked and have to pass back. 

• Like 1

Some are saying 'Cov will be up for this'. What makes them any different ? 

They probably have no more homegrown players than we do, so any local rivalry is hardly a factor. 

Every team we face will possibly raise their game, as they probably see us a bigger fish. 

Edited by STEVIE B

19 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Cov are 5/1 so if you are that confident you should make some easy money then.... 

Bloody hell thats a class price! 

At least outsiders probably don't realise we literally don't have one attack minded midfielder who is good enough to be playing at this level.

Mad that our fans seem to be totally ignoring it though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

My concern is Enzo will waste too many games playing the same players that will make the same mistakes game after game, just like last season nothing has changed.  If he shows no plan B then he will just be another BR and ego will be the downfall. 

It’s all well and good the players learning a new system but when they can’t do the basics e.g. Ndidi, Soumare, Castagne, Vestigard, Daka or the manager thinking KDH is the man in midfield to get the attacks going when he can only use one foot and always steers towards the left corner flag or stops the counter dead and passes back. 

If we are playing out the back the cbs have to actually bring the ball out quickly rather than standing still and just blasting it to Winks or Riccy who will be marked and have to pass back. 

I get that but for large parts of the squad we are lacking options at the moment so how much change can he really make when we don't have the playing personnel to exclude such players. It's clear that he wants players in and isn't going to persist with those who don't want to be here, but what can he do if the club isn't moving on those players and bringing in new ones? I'm also willing to give some of those who arrived under the previous manager a chance before I write them off, I truly believe a number of them were starved of any form of coaching or man management that would have aided their development. When you look at it from a physical, mental, technical and tactical standpoint, I reckon 3 of those areas were neglected while brand Brendan focused on shoehorning players into his tactical philosophy- that can have a serious effect especially on the physical and mental aspects. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

They probably have no more homegrown players than we do, so any local rivalry is hardly a factor. 

Every team we face will possibly raise their game, as they probably see us a bigger fish. 

It'll filter down to their players just as much as Liverpool players from Buenos Aires and Cairo desperately want to beat Manchester United more than, say, Tottenham. 

The rivalry might not mean much to us as a club, but Coventry as a club will have been salivating over playing us. 

30 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

It’s their fans cup final, they are bringing 3,000 in the away end and it will translate to the players.

Personally still think we should win though but it will be a tough game and not the walk over some think it will be. Hope I am wrong and it’s a nice 4-0 breeze.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Cov are 5/1 so if you are that confident you should make some easy money then.... 

Can't turn down slinging a 10er on it at those odds.

We are not ready for this game absolutely no way. The manager still doesn't know his best starting 11 and the board still have their thumbs up their arses.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

We are not ready for this game absolutely no way. The manager still doesn't know his best starting 11 and the board still have their thumbs up their arses.

if you are that confident go for it chuck on as much as you can afford to lose.

Personally i wont be.

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

When did you speak to him?

What else did he say?

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

When did you speak to him?

What else did he say?

If you're starting Vestergaard, McAteer and an aging Albrighton as well as playing a right back over 2 left backs in your final preparation game before the season you either don't know your best 11 or you aren't happy with your squad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

I’m feeling a 0-0. FT will go into meltdown and want everyone removed from the club.

we probably won’t start to pick up pace until about 5 games in

It's a marathon not a sprint, but on average 2 points a game 90 points plus should be enough for automatic promotion.

• Like 1

Just now, Dames said:

If you're starting Vestergaard, McAteer and an aging Albrighton as well as playing a right back over 2 left backs in your final preparation game before the season you either don't know your best 11 or you aren't happy with your squad. 

How do you know? 

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

How do you know? 

Because you don't play players out of position over natural players unless you aren't happy with them. 

We've got two natural left backs on the books both of which have played in the premier league and they still cant get a sniff over 2 right backs. 

Edited by Dames

8 minutes ago, Dames said:

Because you don't play players out of position over natural players unless you aren't happy with them. 

We've got two natural left backs on the books both of which have played in the premier league and they still cant get a sniff over 2 right backs. 

So predict the lineup for Sunday?

3 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

I thought the CBs were supposed to stand on the ball to draw the press and then release Winks and Ricky who have more space.

16 minutes ago, MPH said:

I’m feeling a 0-0. FT will go into meltdown and want everyone removed from the club.

we probably won’t start to pick up pace until about 5 games in

I’ve got a weird feeling, that we’ll concede… from a corner :jawdrop:

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So predict the lineup for Sunday?

I can't. We're clearly going to be lining up with players who aren't good enough, players that don't want to be here and players out of position by the looks of things. 

Just now, Dames said:

I can't. We're clearly going to be lining up with players who aren't good enough, players that don't want to be here and players out of position by the looks of things. 

I think you underestimate the impact Enzo has had on Ricky, Praet, Castagne, Daka, Ndidi probably others. We have 4 games to get through once August is done and the window is closed, things become a lot clearer for everyone, and the players will just crack on and get there heads down for at least 3 1/2 months after that.

6 minutes ago, Dames said:

So you can predict the manager doesn't know his best 11, but can't predict the that.

What sort of Mystic Meg are  you