Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoachimWasMyHero

Coventry Home First Game of the Season

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

So you can predict the manager doesn't know his best 11, but can't predict the that.

What sort of Mystic Meg are  you 

If he's saying the gaffer doesn't know his first choice then hows he supposed to be able to guess it? lol

Youre making out that the two things go against each other when they actually go hand in hand.

• Like 1

Just now, Lionator said:

I think if we lose this then people might turn on Maresca already unfortunately, you can sense it on here. 

I hope not, its absolutely not his fault that the clubs a shambles. Given time and some genuinely decent leadership above him I think he has the tools to bring us success in the long term.

Hes working with 2 hands tied behind his back atm. Something will give this season. If he's half as strong willed as I expect and hope he is. Either him or Rudkin won't be here in a year.

• Like 1

I'm gonna have a go at predicting the line up.

Mads

Justin Doyle Vesty Castagne

Ricky Winks KDH

MCATEER Nacho  Albrighton

1 edit Justin in at RB for Ndidi for more defensive cover

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

If he's saying the gaffer doesn't know his first choice then hows he supposed to be able to guess it? lol

Youre making out that the two things go against each other when they actually go hand in hand.

So he can read the gaffer's mind to know he doesn't know his best 11.

But can't read it to know what the lineup is for Sunday!

Just now, coolhandfox said:

I imagine just applying common sense. Much like I can imagine he doesn't like being stabbed and is quite fond of oxygen.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I hope not, its absolutely not his fault that the clubs a shambles. Given time and some genuinely decent leadership above him I think he has the tools to bring us success in the long term.

Hes working with 2 hands tied behind his back atm. Something will give this season. If he's half as strong willed as I expect and hope he is. Either him or Rudkin won't be here in a year.

The issue is he has no credibility built up on his own as a manager. This means just packing up and leaving is killing him career wise. It'll just look like excuses on his part.

I genuinely can't believe after what happened last year that we have shown the exact same arrogance as a club. I really hope Rudkin is so ****ing embarrassed with himself. Absolute joke a man. 

22 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Imagine.

Fingers crossed Coventry are absolutely terrible if that's our starting 11.

Like it or not, 8 of those players that started against Liverpool are likely to start against Coventry. Sure he may make some tweaks based on that game, but it isn't going to be massively different.

42 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So you can predict the manager doesn't know his best 11, but can't predict the that.

What sort of Mystic Meg are  you 

Well he's not going to know his best line up after very few games and a lot of commercial crap to juggle. Its also worrying that he's square pegging round holes and that we are still relying on players who arent good enough/dont want to be here.

Just now, Beachyboy said:

Like it or not, 8 of those players that started against Liverpool are likely to start against Coventry. Sure he may make some tweaks based on that game, but it isn't going to be massively different.

You are right.

...and I don't like it!

26 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Look at the line ups and formations we've put out, there's been a fair few changes and not enough consistency he's still clearly experimenting. Part and parcel in preseason of course and I'm not actually saying its Marescas fault he's clearly not had enough time or games to settle. We should have had at least 2 or 3 more games. 

Just tried to do a little prediction for the starting 11 (more what I hope it is).

My god we desperately need attacking midfielders. It's at the point where it's properly desperate. The 3-2-4-1 means we'll be playing with two 8s (maybe one is more of a 10) and two wingers. I know Mavididi sounds like it's all but confirmed so lets class him as a Leicester player.

We've got 3 wingers. Stephy Mavididi, Marc Albrighton and Wayna Marcal-Madivadua.

We've got 3 number 8s/10s. Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Dennis Praet and Kasey McAteer. I'll not count Soumare given I don't think he's been used yet or Wilf given he's clearly not an 8.

We really need 2/3 more players for these positions. Hopefully someone like Cole Palmer (I don't think he'll drop to the Championship) who can play both roles.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

None of Daka, Macateer, Albrighton and Vestergaard will play. Or at least I hope not. So 7 of the line up. And based on performance,.I'd be horrified if Castagne was selected ahead of JJ. 

54 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I think if we lose this then people might turn on Maresca already unfortunately, you can sense it on here. 

I think they're more likely to turn on Rudkin etc. Make no mistake, if they don't get their finger out and give the manager the tools he needs and the results don't come quickly it will turn nasty pretty quickly.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Nope unless he makes mistakes with tactics/selections without rectifying him everyone with sense will know its the clowns at the top that haven't given him a proper preseason or as of yet any proper backing in the market either as well as lumbering him with a squad of half wits that dont want to be here. 

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

My line up for Cov

GK, I suppose Hermansen tho my gut feel is still Iversen

JJ

Souttar

Faes 

VK

Ricky RM

Winks 

Hamza or Wilf 

KDH LM.

Kels 

Vards 

That won't happen though, as it doesn't involve ultra complex system/positional changes and man city philosophies

How is the 3-2-4-1 ultra complicated?

The right back (Ricardo) comes into midfield when we have the ball. That's it.

• Like 2